Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District

Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District Reviews

Updated October 4, 2014
Updated October 4, 2014

CEO

Valuable experiences and fun work.

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District

Pros

Lots of cultural diversity among students.

Cons

Not very many African American, Latin American, or Asian American male teachers.

Need more support for teacher assigned consequences for misbehaving students is needed in elementary and middle schools. Some type of mentor/ counseling during-school or after-school programs should be engaged in almost every school. The current academic and fun-time ones are not effective for that need.

Working here is okay, but other school districts do pay more.

Former Employee - Special Education Paraeducator in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Special Education Paraeducator in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work schedule can be good, especially if you work at a school because your work schedule is close to the students schedule.

Cons

Benefits are not good. Cost of health insurance a big drawback.

Provide health benefits at a better price.

Good Company

Current Employee - Attendance Clerk in Fairfield, CA
    Current Employee - Attendance Clerk in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You get to work with students, and help them grow into young adults.

Cons

Lack of communication within the school.

My experience with Fairfield Suisun unified school district is enjoyable,the pay was reasonable.

Current Employee - Teacher Assistance in Fairfield, CA
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistance in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with the other teachers and teachers aids, is great and I really enjoy and found it rewarding with the special ed children. The children also thought me a lot.

Cons

Working only 3-4 hours per week sometime working only 3 hours that month. Could not afford to pay rent, food, car note, car insurance or any other bills to live.

Treat you're employees better and offer them more hours so they will stay with school,district

Very rewarding and uplifting feeling when I work with all my staff. The managers are fair, friendly, and care about you

Current Employee - Cafeteria Assistant I
    Current Employee - Cafeteria Assistant I

I have been working at Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District

Pros

You can start out as a Substitute working in the various schools in Solano County and the starting pay is $9.50 an hour. When Contracted jobs become available you can interview for them and if you get hired, your pay goes up to $11.14 an hour. Benefits are not the best when you work less than 4 hours (you can pay a prorated premium, but it will be higher than most), but in due time, you can get 4 hours and benefits.

Cons

I don't have any negative things to say, nor have I encountered any problems working here. After being in commercial real estate for 25 years (and horrible bosses), this job is much better and more rewarding. And expect to work VERY hard - I don't believe this is a Con, but you do work your tail off and you get exercise as well.

You are all doing a great job for our students in the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District. These women and men work very hard to feed our students healthy, well balanced meals everyday. I appreciate all they have done for me and the experience I have gained.