Fairmont Designs

Not yet rated.

James Lin

Care about your family

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI have been with the company for many years. The owner cares about his employees and their families. Good place to work. Kept clean. Nice environment. Good pay level.

ConsUpper management don't say "Good Job". Upper management needs to mingle with the working class. Some employees get away with too much, coming in late, coffee breaks, missing too much time, cell phones on desk, too much gossip, not enough work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf employees have this much free time..then you have TOO MANY EMPLOYEES! You always want to save money. Look out your office doors and see who isn't working!!

Work here if you want to work for a dictator

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Buena Park, CA

ProsIf you just want a pay check without having to work hard....just follow directions...this is a good place for you. Stable and few layoffs

ConsLot of politics. Very strict policies such as no snacking at your desk. "The boss" once in a while sends threats to the employees....demanding small things such as no more than one picture on your desk. The trash cans have to be the same color within the same floor. You are not allowed to have a back support pillow with the color that is not approved. Micro management and lack of professionalism are the two key words that fit the company perfectly. It seems like my manager does not have any authority toward decision making. As a matter of fact, everyone just follows the order of "the boss". Many people who want growth in their career entrusted me with their secrets: They are trying to leave but because of the economy they are stuck.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice is given because upper management just want their big paycheck signed by "the boss"

Let down to my family.

ProsIncentives were nice. Did not micro manage. That's about all I can say about the pros.

ConsManagement was no help its employees. Some were rather rude. Got little feedback when asked questions.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate.

Worked for Fairmont Designs? Contribute to the Community!