Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts CEO William Fatt

William Fatt

Pros
  • Great benefits if you stay on full time(in 11 reviews)

• Opportunities for career growth(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes work can be incredibly busy, and work/life balance suffers a bit for it(in 6 reviews)

• management doesn't listen to the concern of the staff some times, very long hours and no recognition(in 4 reviews)

Generally a good working experience.

Server (Former Employee) Saint Andrews, Scotland (UK)

ProsGood team bulding and Leadership development

ConsLow Pay, Long Hours, crippling corporate corporate corporate

Advice to Senior ManagementLess politics and more care for the employees

VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK WITH

Esthetician (Current Employee) Banff, AB (Canada)

Prosthey know how to treat their employees
    competitive benefits
    good salaries
    management teams are so nice

Consi was working in Banff... you cannot even think of taking vacation on December ( christmas time and new years are crazy busy) and ,,,even summer time ( july and august are reallllly busy too )
    most people have to work really hard on those summer time or holidays

Advice to Senior Managementsome of management team are really conservative. try to open your mind and share your thinking with others

not to bad

Housekeeper (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Prosthey are a great union and you have great reps. you get paid alot more then your average job and there is room to move up if your commited.

Consyou are just a number to them... you are on call all the time for most part when you first start so get ready to commit your life to em

Advice to Senior Managementyou need to learn that work in a hotel is REALLY hard not just for you but for your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not worth the hype

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsYour working for an established company, time off was easy to arrange, great people in many departments

ConsOften had issues with cheques being incorrect, management seems out of touch, low staff and high turnover, advancement opportunities that are there are never vacated. Employees in certain departments are looked down on. Colleague Engagement Surveys are a joke. Most people have given up on improving. Long term staff have so much job security, quality and service suffer.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow up when offering to do things for colleagues. Advertise the growth opportunities.

Very pleasant and beneficial for me most of the time spent there , but sometime was unorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAlways greeted by other employees with a smile, although most do not know I was working as an intern. I got to explore different departments, which was helpful than staying in just one. I got to go to meetings and learned what to expect in employee meetings.

ConsThe meetings was helpful the first time, but I feel like sometime they forgot to plan something for the interns, so they just put us in the meeting and listen.

Simple colleagues relation and treat people good at canteen.

Room Attendant (Current Employee) Saint Andrews, Scotland (UK)

ProsBeautifu scenary, and harmorny guest and staff relations.

ConsUnsatisfied salary and promotion oppotunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare colleagues more.

It has been okay, with not many opportunities for career development.

Manager (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsLuxury hotel brand with good benefits.

ConsDifficult to grow and develop your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your internal applicants when they want to grow within your brand.

I came to Fairmont Riyadh

Assistant Director of Food & Beverage (Current Employee) Jakarta (Indonesia)

ProsVery good hotel in the world

ConsVery nice and comfortable

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep up up the good pillar service passion

it was an adventure

Dishwasher (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosone of the best management to work with

Consit is a busy place, you must be up to the challenge

Advice to Senior Managementneed to have more employee training from time to time

Great Opportunities when applicable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFairmont is an under rated gem as their service philosophy is to do right by their guests. Your idea of what may be best for that guest based on your interactions is received and welcomed. A good place for growth if you are vocal and desire to learn. Small team makes it easy to reach out by department or property

ConsBeing empowered is good for those that would use it. This idea allows colleagues to do what is right for your guest but sometimes falls short of expectancy as well as a variation in service provided.

Worked for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!