Fairway Independent Mortgage

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul Walnick

Great atmosphere of support

Loan Originator (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for less than a year

ProsYou will get answers to your questions, and not ever feel abandoned. Education and tools are great including marketing. People like each other and help you out. Stays ahead of the game and fund on time. Valuable n maintaing realtor relatiobships.

ConsA large company concerned with compliance and keeping long term relationships. Not necessarily a negative but can be , just different than a small broker shop.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould be more flexible in some areas while still being compliant. For example a maximum and minimum on LO comp.

The worst possible place to work in N Texas

Post Closing Loan Auditor (Former Employee)

I worked at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Prosas much as i tried to conjur up a Pro, i couldnt other than the "company" brought in lunch on the last day of the year in order to keep you working and from taking any breaks whatsoever.

Cons'Bait and switch' tactics in order to get you to work for them
Micro managing time and not allowing you to leave work for the day despite your kids being in day care.
Racist and sexist segregation in the workplace.
despite numerous attempts to sit and talk to h9

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not lie to the next innocent employee and bait and switch them and then lie directly to HR. Shame on you 'un'Fairway

Great team atmosphere!!

Senior Loan Officer (Current Employee)

ProsEveryone very willing to help, great support group. Fairway has designed a system to make it very possible to succeed in the loan business.

ConsFairway is new to the area that I work in and does not have all the tools necessary to build business fast.

Corporate support is awesome!

Senior Loan Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for more than a year

ProsCorporate Office while out of state has systems in place to help individual loan originators succeed.

ConsManagement at a branch level varies in terms or effectiveness do your research and speak with the loan officers of each branch before make a decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate, Regional / VPs should get feedback from loan originators about their branch management to make sure that the branch management is inline with the company's philosophy.

ok experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time

Proshelping borrowers get quality loan product

Conslow advancement, volatile market, long hours

Wholesale Division is lacking leadership

I have been working at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time

ProsFun relaxed worked environment that is easy to get work done in

ConsSome Professionalism is lacking in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementJust tell the truth and either commit or back out of supporting someone

Great Company!

Junior Loan Processor (Former Employee)
Harlingen, TX

I worked at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of support from corporate. Most competent and friendly co-workers I've ever had.

ConsHigh stress industry some don't handle it as well as others

Banking and shiipping

Shipping (Former Employee)

I worked at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for more than a year

ProsAtmosphere is very professional and family oriented.

ConsI feel they need more diversity among their employees and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to keep their employees more informed to the stability and the opportunities available within the company.

The Worst Company ever

Senior Citrix Administrative (Former Employee)

I worked at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Prosthe money was OK and the location is central
the facility was nice and the drive is ok

ConsThis was the most hostel work place I have ever seen
The VMware admin is so over protective of her environment that she is just downright rude to new IT people.
The company insurance if you can call it that is some of the worst I have ever seen
The VP of IT is spineless and a yes man to his underlings and lets them control the department
All in all If it where between fairway and Berger king I would choose Berger king and flipping burgers

Advice to Senior ManagementTake change of you envirment

Mortgage Processor, Opener and Closer

Processor and Closer (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Fairway Independent Mortgage full-time for more than a year

ProsWonderful company to work for and everyone at the corporate level was always a pleasure to work with, all the time.

ConsI worked for a branch for one year and wanted to transfer to corporate but that would not have been looked upon favorably, so I gave two weeks notice and was told by Amy Padilla to re-apply once I had resigned from the branch in order to not cause any conflict.

Advice to Senior ManagementI went to the processing summit in the beginning of 2013 and loved it. I love the moral and feeling I had with all the corporate support people I worked with. I trained with Deedra Massey for closings and Suzette Smith and Pam Artis for processing. I would love to return as a remote processor for either a different branch or for corporate.

Worked for Fairway Independent Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fairway Independent Mortgage reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fairway Independent Mortgage CEO Paul Walnick. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Fairway Independent Mortgage employees.