Fairwinds Credit Union

Be The First To
Add Photos

Larry F. Tobin

Fun place to work

ProsAlways busy with a ton of projects to work on. Support from supervisors is great.

ConsNot always focused on the important items.

STRESSED

Management (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsOk salary, benefits and standard PTO.

ConsUpper and branch management had no employee relationship skills. Everyone was miserable at the branch. Upper management worked you to death for production and if you did not succeed, the whip came out!!! Horrible!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees!!! Take notice that good employees are leaving for a reason!!!

Could be better, could be worse.

Msr (Former Employee)

ProsHours and benefits are decent.

ConsThey say they want to promote from within, but seemingly rarely do. They say they care about "member advocacy," and being a local credit union, but are more concerned about playing at big bank (and failing at that, too). Unless your "recommendation" goals (aka high pressure sales) are super amazing don't expect more than a 2% raise each year- or even to keep your job, since they do fire people for not getting enough referrals/apps. If you are an MSR especially you might feel like you're an automaton spewing the same phrases and sales pitches over and over, ad nauseam.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is like talking to a big brick wall.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, ok management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe people that work here are great and caring. Benefits are exceptional as well.

ConsManagement is indecisive and their decisions trickles down to everyone at the company. There is nothing worse than having to do something over 3 or 4 times because they keep changing their minds.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to become more discipline.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

MSR I (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsDecent Pay
    Benefits
    Paid Holidays
    Free Food Occasionally

ConsToo many Goals, the goals are unrealistic and they are always adding more or changing them.

You only get one raise a year and that's if you met or exceeded your goals.

Poor management, my manager doesn't know what they hell she is doing and knows nothing about customer service, her idea of being a manager is micro managing. Upper management does nothing to stop or help the situation.

Other departments are rude and lazy, it seems like no one within the company knows what they are doing and just tries to pass the buck on to someone else.

The turnover within my branch is crazy and is growing within the company, that should tell you something.

The company is not uniform every department and branch has its own culture and polices that do not coincide with corporate. Mis communication is rampant within the company,

Advice to Senior ManagementRe access the goals its hard enough to be a teller without all the crap you add on. Give more raises and incentives based on your performance not on your numbers. Get out of your office and take a look at whats going on within your company, you would be disappointed at best.

Good company

Member Services Representative (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsWill learn a lot about different functions, good people

ConsSometimes unrealistic sales goal expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementBe great leaders, always be willing to help your employees & members!!! and remember it's your branch, so you have to lead by example.

Great, Caring Company to work for.

ProsI don't work at FAIRWINDS, I carry out a mission. We help our members to reach financial freedom.

ConsJust can't think of any.

Great people

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI love the people i work with.

ConsAt times there can be a lot of work

Selfish management. Good if you're friends with the right people.

ProsDecent pay, 401k matching. Insurance benefits are OK, but each year they cost more for less coverage.

ConsOffice politics are the law of the land. Your experience depends on who you work for. Employee turnover is excessive. Senior/Executive management is extremely selfish and egotistical. During the downturn, raises were frozen for several years, but executives still got their bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake less for yourselves and give more to the high performers.

HR department had too much control over company decisions

Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsCompany had a family atmosphere when first started with the company. Depending on the position you had, there was a lot of flexibility. Halloween and Christmas were greatly celebrated. Compensation was slightly higher than other financial institutions.

ConsIt was a struggle to move up in the company if you do not personally know someone in upper management or human resources. Poor marketing decisions and constant changes led to frustration with members and crewmembers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a clear and consistent vision

Worked for Fairwinds Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!