Fairwinds Partners Reviews

Reset
4.4
Nao Matsukata
1 Rating

1. Interning here can be boring, but I now recognize how unique the amount of real responsibility they let you have.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Fairwinds Partners as an intern

Pros

Young, humorous, relaxed, highly educated. I expect their alumni will go on to do big things. The interns have their own mini community.

Cons

Repetitive, not exactly PC, some days you will literally not talk to a single person, office AC is way too powerful.

Advice to Management

Give more opportunity for advancement to consulting associates. They will definitely leave otherwise. Get rid of Syracuse office.

2. Good First Job

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Fairwinds Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work when you're just starting out and want to get familiar with the office routine. Employees are generally friendly, leadership is understanding of personal and professional life balance.

Cons

Upper management needs to work on leadership skills.

Advice to Management

Transparency, proper structure (not structure for structure's sake), and delivering on promises are key.

3. Positive experience in an emerging field

Former Employee - Consulting Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consulting Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Fairwinds Partners

Pros

-Very friendly staff -Constantly changing mix of work from policy to business development -Social Culture -Access to continued training including online marketing and SEO optimization

Cons

None really come to mind, as an intern you are the low man on the totem pole, but it is to be expected as an intern anywhere. Sometimes the work can be tedious but the environment is very tolerant of simultaneously listening to music/watching documentaries/etc. to stay interested.

5. Solid summer internship

Former Intern - Intern in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Former Intern - Intern in Saratoga Springs, NY

I worked at Fairwinds Partners as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working as an intern over the summer was a great experience. I learned a lot about the industry and loved working for a small innovative company. I felt like I could contribute ideas and meaningful work even though I was just a summer intern. All of the employees were great and the office was a very good and open environment.

Cons

Some of the projects were very monotonous and dull. The training was pretty minimal and more would have been helpful. Because of this some of the tasks took a lot of background work.

6. Marketing Associate

I worked at Fairwinds Partners full-time

Pros

Great mentality of personnel, very team driven, conducive learning environment

Cons

I can't say anything negative!

7. The greatest team and clients I have ever worked with.

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fairwinds Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every day there are new challenges and opportunities. Clients seem to love and appreciate us. FairWinds is well liked and respected.

Cons

There's a lot of work to do and I wish we could identify new hires more quickly. I wish there was more upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Good work hiring a CEO, I think it should pay off to have more consolidated leadership and clear roles and responsibilities among the management team.

8. Unique opportunity for driven people in an expanding industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fairwinds Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are ambitious or self-starting employee, you can excel at this company. Employees of all levels are able to work with Fortune 500 clients. Flexible and autonomous work environment.

Cons

Undergoing the growing pains of an expanding business, so employees typically need to adapt to changing conditions.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open.

9. FairWinds has offered me a diverse array of projects and clients to work with and helps me grow as a professional.

I have been working at Fairwinds Partners

Pros

--Diverse client base across multiple industries --Challenging project/deliverables --Casual/collegial work environment --Executive-level benefits package for all associates

Cons

--Limited management opportunities due to size but growing fast --Occasional overloading on project work due to small size

Advice to Management

Please have greater trust in the abilities (as well as the capacity for growth) of your subordinates.

10. Boring

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Fairwinds Partners

Pros

My schedule was basically to come in whenever I had free time. They had a couple fun events that the interns were able to go to

Cons

All I did was sit at my desk and copy and paste things from one location to another. It was the most boring thing I have ever done.

Advice to Management

Continue to have office get togethers, great people work there but its not very interesting. Stop demeaning people as well

RSS Feed </> Embed