Faith Technologies

Updated January 31, 2015
Updated January 31, 2015
3.2

Mike Jansen

Great company, great pay, great benefits!

Current Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Faith Technologies

Pros

I have been with Faith for many years and think it's a great company that has a lot to offer its employees. I never have to worry about being laid off because there is so much work to be done. Faith has a bright future so if you are looking for a career with lots of opportunity, this is the company for you!

Cons

Need to weed out the slackers and hire more hard working people who deserve to work for one of the best contractors in the U.S.

Don't lose sight of the people who make this company great! Continue to recognize your employees for their dedication and hard work.

Not bad.

Current Employee - Office Employee
    Current Employee - Office Employee

I have been working at Faith Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked in the office so a lot of this review is biased toward that position, but here we go. Set 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday with the occasional overtime. Work schedule can be flexible when needed. Good benefits. (401K, health, dental, vision.) Vacation and personal time. The position that i held had minimal stress. Ability to advance. Plenty of bonuses. (Kickbacks for hitting profit milestones, Christmas, etc.) The company is growing at an alarming rate and can be very innovative. Extremely health and safety conscious.

Cons

I found the atmosphere to be really boring. Just your basic high wall office cubicles. The group i work with is nice but very quiet. The entire office seemed pretty quiet overall. But that might be a good thing depending on the person. The pay for the position I worked I felt was low. $30-35K annual before deductions and taxes. Granted my position was probably lower on the company tree and I would assume other positions receive more competitive pay.

Try to improve the atmosphere to make the office a more exciting place to work. With the company profit greatly increasing every year, the pay scale could be higher.

This was a good company prior to the new CEO taking charge, thanks for the memories Rollie

Former Employee - Middle Management in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Appleton, WI

I worked at Faith Technologies

Pros

With the exception of upper management, the people I worked with were great and truly cared about other workers.
    The President of the company still cares about the employees but he really has no say as the CEO is calling all the shots

Cons

The new management team has chosen a direction that benefits only the upper tier of the employees, they have chosen leaders in the branch management and operations management position that are both unqualified for their positions and uncaring for anyone or anything that this company once stood for.
    The new CEO is focused on one thing and one thing only to be a one billion dollar a year company and does not care who or how many people he ruins to get there.
    They expect everyone to travel continuously without regard for their lives away from Faith Technologies, it actually costs you money to work here with the way you are compensated for your travel expenses.
    Mike J the CEO has found every loop hole there is to all but eliminate the incentive package that once made Faith a very attractive place to work as far as compensation, now most of the mid management and other office support staff are there simply to cash a check as the motivation to "BUY IN" to the new Faith Direction is gone.

Look in the mirror and decide if the 5% of the people you are helping with your decisions outweighs the impact you are having on the other 1600 employees, if it does there is something truly wrong

Feb 23, 2015Human Resources

We have been fortunate with caring leadership, and as with any organization, some alignment may be necessary. As the company stands today, we are situated to have one of our best years yet with ... More

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at Faith Technologies

Pros

Innovator in the industry. Hard work gets rewarded. Pay and benefits are great. Can earn more than the union if you work hard. Management promoted from the field. Open to suggestions.

Cons

Slackers aren't tolerated. If you are looking for a place to coast and get a pay check, this isn't it.

Get rid of those not on board with positive changes.

TERRIBLE company to work for!!!

Former Employee - Electrician in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Electrician in Madison, WI

I worked at Faith Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The day I quit working for Faith!

Cons

Everything
    Upper management
    Terrible insurance
    No advancement
    Lots of dishonesty and backstabing

Care more about your guys in the field! Your just a number at Faith. Because of upper management, all the good field employees are leaving. Now the company is starved for workers and hires any moron off the street. The employee turnover rate is ridiculous! There more worried about wearing gloves, armguards, and the "ORM" than keeping good customers and more importantly, good employees! Get some training and leave! Or better yet, don't work there at all! Complete waste of many hardworking years for a terrible company!

Good company

I have been working at Faith Technologies

Pros

Great employees, very hard working culture. All the employees care about a job well done.

Cons

Many changes over the last few years

Started really good, but is ending not so good

Current Employee - Foreman in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Foreman in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Faith Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I started I had projects that used my talents. I was busy and had responsibilities every day. I had a crew to manage and I was happy being a Foreman. I had the respect of my crew and things were going great. With projects to run like these big ones, I was very happy and focused.

Cons

They are trying to take jobs were they only make a certain profit. So now there is hardly any work, everyone is quitting and the only jobs they are getting are ones where you have to travel out of state and then they don't give you enough per diem so it ends up costing you money to work for them, that just doesn't tell me there is integrity for the company. Very disheartening as I thought this company would go a long ways.

Allow your people to transfer to the jobs within the company to keep them busy. Don't hold your people back especially when you don't have work for them. Be fair and treat your people right as that will go along way in getting the respect that you would like and to get people who are willing to work for the company. Take more jobs that might not be the best profit but will keep the cash flow coming in. Be wise in the management of this company.

Feb 23, 2015Human Resources

Faith Technologies’ backlog of work is currently at a record high, and while we would love to take every opportunity that presents itself, from a time and human resource perspective, it is simply not ... More

Lack of direction creates difficult working environment

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Faith Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Faith has best in class safety and training programs. There are many hardworking, dedicated employees that are a pleasure to work with. Rollie was a great leader who unfortunately is no longer actively involved in the company.

Cons

Lack of alignment in the executive team created a stressful working environment for mid level managers. Rampant cronyism resulted in promotions of inept managers despite their lack of performance at lower levels. If you are a relative or friend of senior management, it's a great place to work- otherwise, no amount of performance will get you promoted.

Reward and promote based on performance.

Feb 23, 2015Human Resources

We have been very fortunate with great leaders, and because of that, today Faith Technologies is situated to have one of our best years yet with unprecedented growth on the horizon. We appreciate all ... More

Good Gone Bad With Leadership Change

I worked at Faith Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Blood lines are a plus - if you are related. Company is growing.

Cons

Faith is in need of strategic direction. New ceo chases anything that sparkles.

Change the ceo name - appears you are hiding. Act reinforces perception of poor integrity. Focus on the people and customers and the company will do well. Focus on power and money and the culture suffers. When the culture suffers, the people and company do too.

Not an employee friendly company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Faith Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of work in different geographical areas, opportunities to travel. Taking on tons of new work that they don't even have people for so should be lots of openings that need filled.

Cons

Upper management is unstable - frequent turnover and shifting landscape. company has a real lack of direction. Rollie is listed as the CEO on this site but is no longer in that position......The new CEO Mike Jansen changes his mind constantly about where he wants to lead the company, and you can only move up in the organization if you are his buddy or a relative. They treat employees like numbers instead of actual people. Very "all for me" attitude. Will make their employees all kinds of promises but never come through with making good on them. Departments are scattered and communication throughout the company is terrible. Overall a very poor working atmosphere.

Your employees are the ones lining your pockets, learn how to treat them with respect and dignity. Pick a direction for the company and stick with it. Own up to your obligations and honor your commitments as a merit shop contractor.

Faith Technologies Photos