Faithful + Gould

Add Photos

Faithful + Gould CEO - Worldwide Operations Donald Lawson

Donald Lawson

New Employee

Document Control Specialist (Current Employee)
Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time for less than a year

ProsI work as a contractor for a project at ExxonMobil. Due to an increase in the cost of insurance with my previous employer and was given the opportunity to change contract companies and chose F&G for their benefits package.

ConsI work contract on project for ExxonMobil, haven't worked for F&G long enough to have any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far so good

Faithful+Gould had good people but lacks leadership and marketing here in the United States.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Faithful + Gould full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood people with experience in Mid management positions.

ConsLack of upper management leadership, emphasis on profits going back to Europe.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs to spend some money in local US Markets on marketing. Strategic placement of offices might be a consideration on East Coast. Example remove Offices in NY and DC and place North East office in Philadelphia with satellite offices in DC and NY areas with Marketing personnel only. Project sites can work independently.

A very good company to work

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time for more than a year

ProsCompetence, firm leadership, good benefits, valuable guidance, and good clients.

ConsOccasional lack of clients / activity.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more pro-active in marketing

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hire as required

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time for more than a year

ProsInternational consulting firm for engineering and construction. Large well-known projects

ConsSE Division Manager and Project Management only care about billable hours, not their employees. They sell their services as having competent engineers, construction personnel available, but then have to quickly hire. No screening of project managers. No educational levels required.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your clients in the SE. They can only be fooled for so long before they go elsewhere because you just hire off the street as needed without background verification. SE District Manager only drops in to bill the client weekly. He has no interaction with the clients.

Good Salary

Senior Cost Manager (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Faithful + Gould full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey always try to keep their project consultants employed while they look for other opportunities when the projects or assignments end. They are not like other companies that lay off their employees as soon as their projects are completed.

ConsI was overall satisfied with the job

Awesome company, nice benefits and great people!

Lead Cost Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMatch 401K up to 3%, good pay, training opportunities for career advancement.

ConsI working offsite at the clients office, project is nearly complete and they have no other local work so I will be networking outside the company for employment. Would love to stay with F+G - they are awesome - hope construction work picks up!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore contact with the staff offsite. Keep up the great leadership. I am very proud to work here and would definately recommend hard working people to the company.

Great place to work

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time

ProsManagement cares about their employees. Pay is very fair.

ConsSure wish they matched 401k @ 6% rather than 3%

Just another place to work if you only need a job for a short time!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHave connections to some key clients companies.

ConsManagement is only concerned with placing people on projects to gain revenue based on who is on overhead and not considering qualifications or best value to the client. When qualified people become available F+G will not hire until there is a project to assign so they loose a lot of opportunities to hire good talent. Pay increases and bonuses are minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the long term picture of satisfied clients instead of the short term dollar in the pocket mindset!

Good to Untolerable :Depends on who yo are working with

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Faithful + Gould full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat exposure to large clients

ConsDisadvantages of both a large and small company.... No structure, slow growth

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out career paths possible in your firm and be open to employees

All I Can Say is RUNNN!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Faithful + Gould full-time

ProsLet me get back to you on that one.

ConsUpper management has no clue what it means to manage people. I am amazed at the turnover rate. The morale in the office is horrible. Micromanaging is counterproductive. Most of us are used to walking into a job where the procedures already exist and we just need to implement them.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor all in upper management, understand that when running a business, people are what keeps you in business. Not only outside clients, but internal clients (employees). Without the employees to do the work, you have no business, so value them as such. Understand that it takes money to make money. In some offices it is blatantly obvious the moral is awful, so stop turning a blind eye and address the situation directly. If there has been a revolving door in a particular position or department, wake up. There is a problem. Do not chalk it up to "personality conflict." Lastly, HR is supposed to be a place where an employee can speak to someone with the expectation that it is personal and will not be shared. Employees should have that confidence. My experience has been that HR does not have an employee’s best interest at heart. They are there solely to protect the company. To believe otherwise is foolish. Faithful+Gould has potential to grow up and play among the adults but it can't be reached because several people are incapable of creating the right type of work environment to foster it. The dinosaurs need to be replaced.

Worked for Faithful + Gould? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Faithful + Gould reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Faithful + Gould CEO Donald Lawson. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Faithful + Gould employees.