Faithful + Gould Reviews

Donald Lawson

1. feels like a family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Senior leadership team have created a culture of approachability, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Amazing depth of knowledge at the mid to senior level. Those who take the initiative in this company do very well.

Cons

Need to invest in internal systems and procedures for product delivery, as well nurturing more junior employee s.

Advice to Management

Implement an incentive program for winning work.

2. Great organization

Pros

Lots of collaboration and career growth opportunity. Management and leadership team is very accessible and supportive.

Cons

Can be a little chaotic due to fast growth and growing business, constantly improving though.

3. Consultant Ups & Downs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Faithful + Gould (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management is very approachable. Work environment is very friendly & congenial. Personnel are professional & willing to support each other.

Cons

Coordination and cooperation at the upper echelon is not consistent and impacts business strategy & tactics. Also poses confusion for personnel.

Advice to Management

Adhere to and enforce established business quality processes.

Growth a possibility

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time

Pros

Supports an entrepreneurial mindset and vision for growth

Cons

Senior management reluctant to make tough decisions.

I'm Outta Here

I worked at Faithful + Gould full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The ability to lie and cheat your way to the top. It's an English firm, so culturally, they're accustomed to making money of the backs of their employees while doing nothing to truly help them. Why is this a pro? They're somehow sill in business, so the model apparently still works.

Cons

As someone in "senior" management, I have witnessed first hand the unbelievable actions that have led to this company's downfall. The first and most obvious one being that while this company keeps bragging about happy employees and pleased clients, those are becoming fewer and fewer. Others have mentioned that this company is a body shop. Sadly, that has borne true in the past several years. This used to be a good company, full of promise and great opportunities for those who wanted them. Now, it's a glorified body shop with an old name, an outdated logo, and a management team who is completely clueless about what it takes to run a successful consulting firm. Good people, the ones who actually made a difference, have been leaving in droves the past couple of years. It should be painfully obvious why.

Advice to Management

None. You wouldn't listen anyway. Maybe put yourselves in your employees boots for a few days to really see what it's like. You've forgotten.

RUN don't walk!

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Friendly employees to work with. They spend a lot of time at the Bar if that's your thing.

Cons

Almost everyone in this company is title heavy, overpaid and are unskilled or unqualified to do their jobs. They sell the services very well to clients, but do NOT back it up with satisfactory performance on behalf of their clients. The new CEO of the US is an idiot and no one believes in his ability to successfully lead the company and grow the business. Almost everyone is looking for a job to get away from the mafia mentality of the new regime. The new CEO and his bully minions have scared everyone that is smart and skilled away from the company. Clients be ware!!

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO for the Americas business ASAP.

Senior Systems Consultant

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are slightly above average... Can't think of anything else to add.

Cons

If you are female... get on down the road because there are NO opportunities for you at this 'company'. There are few opportunities for growth PERIOD but way worse at this male dominated bull pen. 'Everyone' is hired in with the same title for the most part... it's just a body shop. If you get on a good project that you enjoy, then awesome... it's just contract work. This is no place to call 'home'.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your greatest assets called employees. Invest in promoting folks who CARE about people AND dollars instead of geeky engineers force fit into sales / PM / bean counter roles.

What a Mess

I worked at Faithful + Gould full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice people on site

Cons

Mgmt doesn't care. You are a hired money maker.

Advice to Management

Welcome to America! Get a clue.

Poor Management

Pros

Valuable staff that know the business. Flexi Time

Cons

Serious lack of man management. Poor morale. Demoralizing leaders. No room to grow.

Advice to Management

Respect. Perhaps more investment on man management. You are losing all your valuable employees.

Demoralization - The end result of Disintegration

I have been working at Faithful + Gould full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a dishonest person's paradise. Liars and Machiavellians are most welcome. Management is gullible and worthless. Pay is satisfactory and the jobs are stable (depending on who you are). This is a great place to work if you don't want to grow as a person.

Cons

So many times already, I've gone home early, to lay on my bed and wish the world away because I've felt so demoralized. I'd lay in my bed and try to sleep, but sleep for me doesn't come easy. In time I crawl out of the despair and become able, but only for a time, until the cycle repeats. This organization, if it were safe to call it that, is a great example of disintegration. That is, different parts of the organization are unaware of the others are doing. It's probably and excellent study in a slovenly, dysfunctional, bureaucratic corporate culture. I recite a satisfying quote, "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy," Oscar Wilde. This organization is also a great example of an organization that's attempting to integrate one into the other, and failing miserably. That is, Atkins bought Faithful+Gould, but Atkins is doing such a terrible job that staff cannot provide badly needed technology and other items. I also find great example in the Peter Principle, which is that people rise to the level of their incompetence. I see some pretty smart people who know their jobs well, gain management positions and are terribly failing. I also see management forced to fail in some terrible ways. It makes zero sense to hire a manager, and strip him or her of any ability to do anything, especially when everybody loves that manager, wants to do it that manager's way (strong buy-in, which is just to die for from a manager's perspective), and not enable that manager at all. Such is the story with several managers. Communication is terrible. It's so bad that people tend to miss the point drastically. When someone assesses your mentality and your emotion, but miss the point entirely, you know they didn't even try. That's demoralizing. Also, managers are often absorbed in meetings so that they are unavailable even to misunderstand things. I guess you can say that's a clever way of preventing managers to damage things (which they so notably do). Management often is unaware of what they're doing. They portray great confidence and energy, but in practice they're slovenly and useless. They have no clue what management is and cannot learn. Other employees have bad adaptations. Some will try to absorb themselves into their own little hovel of expertise, and it works because it plays off of management incompetence. That is, they become super-experts in their niche. Well, it doesn't work if nobody gives you work to do. Some employees lie. It's impossible to help people who lie. Road blockers abound and management caters to them. The effect is that it's suddenly impossible to do the job. It's not even legitimate road blocking, but the inclusion of those who's main complaint is, "Gee, that sounds like I'd have to so something a little different," or, the more sinister, "I don't want you to know my ignorance, so here's a bunch of technical babble, just try and call my bluff." That demoralizes me because it's not that I cant' see through their lies, but that they're trying to lie in the first place, which is so hurtful. Technology is a horrible failure. They buy into only the most silly of technology, which in effects renders fast hardware shackled buy a bogus hardware problems, further exasperated by scrappy software. It's like management is made of the most gullible people I can imagine. I've been failed so many times. I was promised training for my skill deficits where I could be more effective, but this has never occurred. My boss even road-blocked trying to get through the organization through their channels and get training. So, I've been forced into my own little shelter, and there I remain, demoralized, waiting for the tide of failure to take me away. Management has promised that change is going to occur, but considering the failures, if change does materialize, it'll be dysfunctional change, that makes things ever worse.

Advice to Management

Ever consider a career at McDonald's?

RSS Feed </> Embed