Falken

www.falken.us

Falken Reviews

4.2

CEO

The Best Security company to work for in our area- period.

Current Employee - Cleared Armed Security Officer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Cleared Armed Security Officer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Falken full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was promoted to site supervisor after a year of p/t work for Falken. They worked around my National Guard schedule and helped me during my drill times. I worked for 2 other guard companies and was extremely disappointed. The senior staff are retired Special Forces and Police and they understand me as a p/t soldier.

Cons

It may take weeks or months of waiting for a position to open. Although I was deployed to some special details in New Orleans for a hurricane for my first assignment, most of my work has been in Reston, VA. This company will expect a lot from you and if you give it to them, I have seen them go out of their way to help with employees personal problems and even help them get bigger and better jobs when they are ready to move on.

Keep small and the quality high- The company is growing and hopefully they will maintain true to the same
    standards that they have over the years, especially vetting employees.

Very flexible; however, that causes problems with having a concrete schedule

Former Employee - Security Guard in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Manassas, VA

I worked at Falken part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very flexible working schedule and veteran support

Cons

Incoherent management, scheduling conflicts, out of ordinary working conditions

Don't play favorites and just focus on what the employee's track record is

Security Officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Falken full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for 2 years while finishing my degree online. They allowed me to take off time for exams and I found both other employees and management understanding. As a Marine, I worked for 2 other security companies before Falken. These companies had low moral, poor training and no one seemed to care about their jobs or duty. Falken is very different and from what I have seen is a very elite type of culture.

Cons

I was limited in my position to the salary I could make, and only very few managent positions open up.

Allow some security officers to branch out and move into management if positions allow.

The epitome of physical security– and it will remain that way.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I worked at Falken full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are in the physical security field, I highly recommend you look at Falken for employment. This company is not overly hierarchical, which means that you have a great opportunity for advancement by showing your skills. I know the owner personally, and can testify to the goodness of his character and his ability to seek out high quality material in security officers, FSO's, and security managers.

Cons

Because this company still operates from a "small business" mindset, they attract high grade people. The flip side of this is that if you make into Falken, you will need to open up your life to the company and its people. There is not much of a work/life distinction. Falken people work and play with other Falken people. Business tends to consume one's life. This is not necessarily to place a value judgment on working conditions, but to say that if you are in, you are all in. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend put forward what could be construed as a half-hearted effort.

The management of Falken is a group of friends who have dedicated their lives to the company's future. It is quite possible to penetrate this circle, and, once having done so, you should be totally happy with the working conditions, lifestyle, demand, and family obligations that you enjoy; these are not likely to change, as the need to develop and expand are constant.

It may benefit the management to look at improving lifestyle options. On the other hand, this may very well not be feasible for a physical security company, much less one the caliber of Falken.

Great stepping stone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dale City, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dale City, VA

I have been working at Falken

Pros

You can do your home work, not a lot of stress, they are great to work for and you can communicate with them. If you need time off the give you that. The company is very understanding and tries to work with everyone

Cons

no health benefits, no vacation time, no raises well thats just for the positon i worked in.

just that they may want to offer benefits to the security workers that are working on sites where they do onot offer any

Falken Photos