Fallon Community Health Plan Reviews

W. Patrick Hughes

Navigator

Current Employee - Navigator in Holyoke, MA
    Current Employee - Navigator in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Committed employees who want to help others.

Cons

Poor organization at the upper management kevel.

Advice to Management

Have a better organizational plan jn place. Extremely poor communication within different departments of tge company.

Chosen to be cut

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time

Pros

The people I worked with were fantastic. The hours were great, the job itself was great and I loved Fallon as a whole. The benefits and time off was great.

Cons

Unfortunately my position was eliminated due to budget cuts. There were several people hired after me and many more people in my department made more $ than me. One week after my position was eliminated they were looking to hire some one for the same position. I saw it on monster.com and indeed. I was never told why I was chosen to be eliminated, however I am pretty sure it was because management did not like me. I had several issues with them in regard to assistance and the fact I was doing the job of 3 people. I was told several times they were going to transition me over to a different line of business but instead had my position eliminated. Strange since no one else knew how to do what I did. I was dependable, dedicated and never had any type of performance plan or anything negative in my file. It was as if they had to cut one person from their department and took the opportunity to get rid of me.

Advice to Management

Don't cut your nose to spite your face in the future.

3. Summit Eldercare

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time

Pros

Good colleagues, committed to helping participants. Great model of care.

Cons

We are a provider of clinical services administered by an insurance company. The difference in our needs compared to those of the core insurance business are not always appreciated by the executive leadership and other departments.

decent company with changes happening

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits are better than average, earn time (sick and vacation) is good. Co- workers and environment is good. Everyone is very friendly.

Cons

they are getting rid of too many good employees. The outlook likes average at best. The pay scale is average if not below in terms of what other companies offer in the worcester area.

Advice to Management

look into merging with another HMO. Find out what your niche is and focus on that. Too many programs for such a small company.

6. Great Company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility! Good work/life balance. Ability to flex hours and work remotely if needed.

Cons

Salaries are not fair, regardless of your experience or eductarion individuals are hired at much higher salaries than others based on who they know.

Provider Relations

Pros

Diversified product offering. Some interdepartmental sharing, but not consistent.

Cons

Top Management is chaotic in their decision making,, no consistency. Government Programs Top Management inadequate and not inclusive. Systems inadequate to handle business demands, as a result big drain on IT resources and business creativity.

Advice to Management

Overhaul top management from CEO on down. Recruit innovative talent to manage Government Programs area at senior level and promote talented staff from within. Fallon is lacking in recognizing and promoting innovation and creative staff, looking outside the organization, which is demoralizing to staff who are consistently high performers.

Its an amazing place to work! Fallon Health has a strong commitment to its members and the community

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fallon has definitely, seen some rough patches due to health care reform. They have been shaken up a by a new venture with Fallon Total Care. The rising costs of prescription drugs has affected all Health Plans bottom lines. I truly believe that its not how you fall but what you do when you get back up. Fallon Health takes a hit but they keep on ticking. We are a resilient organization that is made up of strong leaders and a work force that is committed to doing what's best for our members. I am proud to work for an organization that remains dedicated to making our communities healthy. I will stand by Fallon Health and adapt to the changing environment.

Cons

Health Care Reform, Risk Adjustment, The rising cost of Prescription Drugs. All of the above are issues that are out of the hands of Fallon Health. And, yet they still continue to provide new innovative products that address their members needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to inform us of the changes in the market. Trust in us as we trust in you. Please know that we will all rise to the top with your continued guidance and support. Lead us and we will follow.

Great workplace for flexibility!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lunenburg, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lunenburg, MA

Pros

Cons

Constantly in financial distress- some management problems. Lots of reorganizing can't seem to figure out right structure

All business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Pros

It has the potential to be be great. Most people actually care.

Cons

Upper management doesn't inspire confidence. They aren't trustworthy or loyal. Direction of the company changes too frequently. Good employees are laid off or driven away. Good ideas are met with resistance; even if they would save money in the long run. It's very penny-wise and pound foolish. It's very combative/political between departments; us versus them mentality is prevalent.

Advice to Management

Engage your employees in a meaningful way. Trust, honesty, and loyalty are things that are expected of employees, but aren't reciprocated. The company needs to take a long hard look at upper and mid level management. There are employees afraid to give feedback because their managers retaliate.

Stop the bleeding...

Pros

Decent and dedicated worker bees going above and beyond with little to no recognition. It is amazing!

Cons

Incompetence and lack of good professional business acumen starts at the top and funnels down like a cancer through executive, senior and middle level of management. The BOD would be embarrassed if they could see it from a clearer lens. What a travesty to see what Eric Shultz fostered be destroyed.

Advice to Management

Merge with HPHC and let Eric's leadership bring respect back to the organization and let Pat's management style be permanently side lined.

RSS Feed </> Embed