Fallon Community Health Plan Reviews

Fallon Community Health Plan President & CEO W. Patrick Hughes
W. Patrick Hughes

1. Growing company

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan

Pros

free parking, flexible hours, onsite gym, corporate yet comfortable

Cons

always changing, slow to adopt current technologies, trying to be all things to all people

2. Good place to work

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone there is so nice and helpful, don't ever be afraid to ask questions or ask for help

Cons

Extremely high call volumes everyday

Chaos

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company tries to be flexible when it comes to your earned time. Not a bad commute. The job is not rocket science.

Cons

Disorganized, protocols are put in place before they are finalized so you get five different versions of what you are supposed to do. Good, smart people leaving because they cannot deal with the drama between ignorant coworkers. Only the brown nosers get ahead if you work hard you get overlooked. This place changes you and NOT for the better. You can't trust anyone...sad really.

Advice to Management

Why bother they don't even like each other. It's like a battle zone. Good luck keeping your jobs with all the competition out there.

5. Old School

Former Employee - Analyst in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The cafe downstairs has great food!

Cons

Rigid, gestapo-like mgmt, mgmt lacks mgmt experience, mgmt and other leadership roles are promoted based on tenure and not on actual ability to lead, mgmt lacks proper training and communication skills, lack of integrity when dealing with what mgmt says and then what mgmt does, mgmt lacks knowledge needed to do their jobs, mgmt does not value nor know how to manage high level professional employees, super old school in technology and lack of willingness to advance, retained staff is only retained due to the many years they have been there and the fact that they have no idea that there are much better employee friendly/professional opportunities out there, strict and inflexible with time, punch-a-clock environment...with a 10+ year professional history in similar roles I was treated like I was stocking shelves at Walmart- that or a robot...Never been so micromanaged in my adult life, and I needed an interpreter to help me figure out what my manager said because she ALWAYS meant something different....a physically and mentally unhealthy environment...I am embarrassed to have worked there ....shall I go on?

Advice to Management

Take management and communication classes. Also, say what you mean and mean what you say. Integrity means everything.

6. Good

Current Employee - RN Evaluator in Holyoke, MA
    Current Employee - RN Evaluator in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are very flexible, understanding of time needed for family.

Cons

They are a non-profit and the pay reflects that fact.

7. Progressive company effectively meeting the needs of the Community and beyond.

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership Development Program is an excellent opportunity for the Manager on a Director path.
    Online Learning University for orientation purposes and ongoing educational needs
    Excellent networking opportunities with staff of all levels on a regular basis.
    Creative use of online meeting tools to incorporate remote offices in central meetings/events.

Cons

Main office is not easily accessible for all - downtown Worcester.
    Parking is moderately challenging.

Advice to Management

Consider renting/purchasing office space to house all staff of all departments, including large conference room space.

8. Good company for growth

Current Employee - Management in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Worcester, MA

Pros

Flex schedule, easy commute, growth opportunities

Cons

Seems like decreasing resources are available to meet increasing demands.

sales

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Originally excited to work at FCHP! Went from excited to looking elsewhere for a position.

Cons

VERY poor management- No-one gets promoted from within in the department I came from, even with outstanding qualifications. Huge turnover in department.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Be consistent.

Company does not project same image to employees that it does to customers!!

Former Employee - Customer Service and Billing Representative in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Billing Representative in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, cheap health/dental/vision insurance

Cons

I worked for this company for 3 years in 2 different departments with a 20cent raise in my 3 years, working over 40 hrs a week. This company is awful to work for and the parking spot they assign you is over a half mile walk (which the sidewalks and parking lots do not get plowed/shoveled early enough for your morning walk to work) I went to work every day, never called out do to their strict attendance policy. Making "friends" with co-workers were frowned upon. While I was an employee the company paid for my MBA with their tuition reimbursement program, good thing they did not use the skills I gained from obtaining an MBA to better their company. If you are looking for company that doesnt care about you or what you can contribute to their growth I suggest applying for a job here.

Advice to Management

I suggest the upper management reviews and address their employees concerns because I know I am not the only one that felt like a monkey instead of a human begin everyday.

Wake Up

Pros

Sco program is a good product with excellent potential for growth. The employees are dedicated and work harder than management will ever understand or appreciate.

Cons

Unfortunately this job is not set up to feel accomplished and Kudos! mission accomplished. It is really too bad because this could be a great place to work for but it is so disorganized, priorities are so screwed up and shift so quickly, management is so unstable that the staff does not know which way is up anymore. Every day you are made to feel like a failure even though you are trying your best and leaving your best here no matter what job you are doing. It feels like you have to learn your job every day because no one knows what they are doing they tell you every day there is a new priority on the table and you must comply or else. The morale is so low it is an endless turn around of staff. Insane!!!!

Advice to Management

I would tell Managment....Wake up!!! You are losing good employees! Prevent this now! There is no reason for it!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed