Fallon Community Health Plan

2.8

Fallon Community Health Plan President & CEO W. Patrick Hughes
W. Patrick Hughes

18 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Progressive company effectively meeting the needs of the Community and beyond.

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership Development Program is an excellent opportunity for the Manager on a Director path.
    Online Learning University for orientation purposes and ongoing educational needs
    Excellent networking opportunities with staff of all levels on a regular basis.
    Creative use of online meeting tools to incorporate remote offices in central meetings/events.

Cons

Main office is not easily accessible for all - downtown Worcester.
    Parking is moderately challenging.

Consider renting/purchasing office space to house all staff of all departments, including large conference room space.

Good company for growth

Current Employee - Management in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flex schedule, easy commute, growth opportunities

Cons

Seems like decreasing resources are available to meet increasing demands.

Company does not project same image to employees that it does to customers!!

Former Employee - Customer Service and Billing Representative in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Billing Representative in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, cheap health/dental/vision insurance

Cons

I worked for this company for 3 years in 2 different departments with a 20cent raise in my 3 years, working over 40 hrs a week. This company is awful to work for and the parking spot they assign you is over a half mile walk (which the sidewalks and parking lots do not get plowed/shoveled early enough for your morning walk to work) I went to work every day, never called out do to their strict attendance policy. Making "friends" with co-workers were frowned upon. While I was an employee the company paid for my MBA with their tuition reimbursement program, good thing they did not use the skills I gained from obtaining an MBA to better their company. If you are looking for company that doesnt care about you or what you can contribute to their growth I suggest applying for a job here.

I suggest the upper management reviews and address their employees concerns because I know I am not the only one that felt like a monkey instead of a human begin everyday.

Extremely Unhealthy

Current Employee - Navigator in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Navigator in Worcester, MA

Pros

The Team. The team. Coworkers have an education. The team. The commute. The team. Making the best of the crap they throw at you as a team.

Cons

Unprofessional, total chaos, zero support,Upper Management has no clue what they are doing. No-one in upper management knows the regulations of CMS. Things change daily...no make that hourly. You are made to feel like you are a failure because upper managementmanagent does not know how to run the SCO program. Nightmare!

Get a clue on how to run a SCO!!!!!

Good intentions but lots management issues.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, many fun perks.

Cons

Top heavy, many long term employees who've gotten complacent

Take a solid look at employees who claim to be overwhelmed causing delays for other departments and/or members.

Good place to work if you can get in

Current Employee - Clerical in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Clerical in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people, honest work. Getting HR to bring you in for an interview is the hardest part. It really helps to know someone. Good people. The company has changed since new management.

Cons

If you can get in it is a different culture than previous years. Some hardnosed managers and HR seems to be busy protecting themselves.

Be more relational with employees.

FCHP was a good company to work for. They valued employees and customers.

Former Employee - Administrative Support in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Support in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

FCHP offered health insurance that you could live with and employee benefits that made you feel good about your job. Pay was fair and most managers were fair.

Cons

FCHP has been trying to compete with the competition and struggling with that. There have been new managers and new management styles. I saw that the pressure was on in some situations. Most people considered that at least they have a job. HR does not contact you soon after applying.

Older management styles were more employee friendly.

Great employer supporting a work/life balance!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Pros

Excellent benefits and base compensation with flexible schedules available. Lots of promoting from within and growth opportunities.

Cons

Reluctant or resistant to change...and hesitant to adapt to new ideas. As mentioned in another review, they talk about wanting to adapt and change but then it does not happen. Change can be good and they need to embrace new ideas.

Grow! The basics are there just need the growth and to inspire a culture that accepts change.

IT Professional

Former Employee - IT Professional in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time

Pros

The health insurance is good and they pay for parking.

Cons

Over bearing management. Micromanagement. If you aren't a director or above you don't much matter. You are simply a resource. Decisions are put off until they can't wait any longer and then employees are pushed to heroics in order to make up for it. It's not a good place to be an employee.

Stop bullying your employees.

IT at FCHP

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is a small non-profit, and many of the people in real working jobs care about the well-being of the customers.

Cons

It would seem that upper management has increasingly less concern for their workers, and distance themselves more and more from the actual input and concerns of those with technical expertise.