Fallon Community Health Plan Reviews

Reset
2.6
Fallon Community Health Plan President & CEO W. Patrick Hughes
W. Patrick Hughes

decent company with changes happening

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits are better than average, earn time (sick and vacation) is good. Co- workers and environment is good. Everyone is very friendly.

Cons

they are getting rid of too many good employees. The outlook likes average at best. The pay scale is average if not below in terms of what other companies offer in the worcester area.

Advice to Management

look into merging with another HMO. Find out what your niche is and focus on that. Too many programs for such a small company.

2. Great Company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility! Good work/life balance. Ability to flex hours and work remotely if needed.

Cons

Salaries are not fair, regardless of your experience or eductarion individuals are hired at much higher salaries than others based on who they know.

Its an amazing place to work! Fallon Health has a strong commitment to its members and the community

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fallon has definitely, seen some rough patches due to health care reform. They have been shaken up a by a new venture with Fallon Total Care. The rising costs of prescription drugs has affected all Health Plans bottom lines. I truly believe that its not how you fall but what you do when you get back up. Fallon Health takes a hit but they keep on ticking. We are a resilient organization that is made up of strong leaders and a work force that is committed to doing what's best for our members. I am proud to work for an organization that remains dedicated to making our communities healthy. I will stand by Fallon Health and adapt to the changing environment.

Cons

Health Care Reform, Risk Adjustment, The rising cost of Prescription Drugs. All of the above are issues that are out of the hands of Fallon Health. And, yet they still continue to provide new innovative products that address their members needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to inform us of the changes in the market. Trust in us as we trust in you. Please know that we will all rise to the top with your continued guidance and support. Lead us and we will follow.

Great workplace for flexibility!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lunenburg, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lunenburg, MA

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

Constantly in financial distress- some management problems. Lots of reorganizing can't seem to figure out right structure

All business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Pros

It has the potential to be be great. Most people actually care.

Cons

Upper management doesn't inspire confidence. They aren't trustworthy or loyal. Direction of the company changes too frequently. Good employees are laid off or driven away. Good ideas are met with resistance; even if they would save money in the long run. It's very penny-wise and pound foolish. It's very combative/political between departments; us versus them mentality is prevalent.

Advice to Management

Engage your employees in a meaningful way. Trust, honesty, and loyalty are things that are expected of employees, but aren't reciprocated. The company needs to take a long hard look at upper and mid level management. There are employees afraid to give feedback because their managers retaliate.

7. Good place to work

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone there is so nice and helpful, don't ever be afraid to ask questions or ask for help

Cons

Extremely high call volumes everyday

A disappointment

Former Employee - Navigator in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Navigator in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home once a week, can be flexeable and easy commute.

Cons

salaries are not fair, regardless of your experience or eductarion individuals are hired at much higher salaries than others based on who they know. There is a sense of disorganization and chaos everyday, there are no incentives to keep employees happy, unless your a manger or a brown noser there are no bonuses or decent raises. If you're hired as a Navigator you are held responcible for EVERYTHING and are looked at as dumb idiots and the nurses think and act like they are better than you. Priorities, policies and members benefits change on a daily basis and no one ever knows what is going on making work so frustrating.

Advice to Management

I have never worked for a company where there are so many issues and the work atmosphere is as depressing and draining as this one. This company needs to realize how bad they are and upper management needs to take their blinders off! Anyone with half a brain leaves because it's such a terrible place to work! It's actually very sad because Fallon has the potential to be a great place to work but it is so behind the times and out of the loop that it is and will always be 10 steps behind every other insurance company in the state of Massachusetts!

Old School

Former Employee - Analyst in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Worcester, MA

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The cafe downstairs has great food!

Cons

Rigid, gestapo-like mgmt, mgmt lacks mgmt experience, mgmt and other leadership roles are promoted based on tenure and not on actual ability to lead, mgmt lacks proper training and communication skills, lack of integrity when dealing with what mgmt says and then what mgmt does, mgmt lacks knowledge needed to do their jobs, mgmt does not value nor know how to manage high level professional employees, super old school in technology and lack of willingness to advance, retained staff is only retained due to the many years they have been there and the fact that they have no idea that there are much better employee friendly/professional opportunities out there, strict and inflexible with time, punch-a-clock environment...with a 10+ year professional history in similar roles I was treated like I was stocking shelves at Walmart- that or a robot...Never been so micromanaged in my adult life, and I needed an interpreter to help me figure out what my manager said because she ALWAYS meant something different....a physically and mentally unhealthy environment...I am embarrassed to have worked there ....shall I go on?

Advice to Management

Take management and communication classes. Also, say what you mean and mean what you say. Integrity means everything.

10. Progressive company effectively meeting the needs of the Community and beyond.

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Worcester, MA

Pros

Leadership Development Program is an excellent opportunity for the Manager on a Director path. Online Learning University for orientation purposes and ongoing educational needs Excellent networking opportunities with staff of all levels on a regular basis. Creative use of online meeting tools to incorporate remote offices in central meetings/events.

Cons

Main office is not easily accessible for all - downtown Worcester. Parking is moderately challenging.

Advice to Management

Consider renting/purchasing office space to house all staff of all departments, including large conference room space.

11. Good company for growth

Current Employee - Management in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Worcester, MA

Pros

Flex schedule, easy commute, growth opportunities

Cons

Seems like decreasing resources are available to meet increasing demands.

RSS Feed </> Embed