Familia Dental

Room to grow

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Familia Dental

Pros

The pros of working for this company have been the experience and skills I've gained. I've been here for many years and I can honestly say the knowledge I have now, not just about the dental field, but business and time management has been irreplaceable. Being a fast-paced work environment, I am very confident that if there ever was a day that I would leave, I would have no issue keeping up at another job. My coworkers are awesome and I really think we all vibe very well together. If you're looking for a job with opportunity for growth within the company, it's here. I've worked with many that have been here for years and have moved up to more experienced departments or positions. It's all about your work ethic.

Cons

Like any job, there are deadlines that need to be met, co workers that are crabby on occasional days, and sometimes the office is too hot (sarcasm) but that's at any job so I can't really say that's a con. Bottom line is yes, we have plenty of work to do, but we do our best to get it done.

Jan 26, 2015Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. Familia is a fast-paced work environment that will certainly keep you busy. We take great pride in our “family” here and do our best to make sure employees know that ... More

This is my company

Current Employee - Manager Billing/Collections in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Manager Billing/Collections in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Familia Dental

Pros

Growing company, many positive changes, great opportunity to start and build your career or just have your feet into the business environment.
    I have been with the company for almost three years, started as claim verifier and now manage department. No matter where you work, it is always something to complain about: rude co-workers, too much stress, horrible management... People treat you the way you treat them. Can you name a single job that is absolutely stress free? Who likes to be told that it is not acceptable to be late, take unscheduled time off, be rude to the patients or use profanity on the floor? If this did not work for you(and there are different reasons why), you are free to look for something better. If you are not satisfied with your job and still here and complaining, why are you doing it? Look for something that better fits your needs.
    I don't think that you will find any other working place with such flexible schedule as you have here--I am talking about my department. There are rules and polices in place and those rules and policies are for everybody, no exceptions. There is a lot of stress, there are deadlines and quotas that we have to meet--like in any other business. You do your job and you get awarded. There are monthly bonuses, there is OT. With the benefits that we received this year it is even better. We are recognizing employees who has been working with us for a year and more. You will be surprised but we have people who have been with the company for over 5 years, from day one. We celebrate birthdays and holidays, we are having fun.
    We are not perfect and it is impossible to satisfy everyone. But I know that HR and higher management is listening to our needs. As a result, all benefits that we got, employees recognition, events that planned and took place. And I am sure much more is coming.

Cons

If job is not for you, move. Want to criticize? Start with yourself.

Jan 26, 2015Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with Familia. We at Familia are working to catch up to our phenomenal growth over the past seven years and function as a mid-sized company ... More

dentist

I worked at Familia Dental

Pros

Good pay and paid vacation

Cons

Lots of broken equipment and most dental assistant's lack experience because they are new.

Jan 14, 2015Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We do offer a competitive salary and benefits package for our Dentists. In addition, we provide on the job training for Dental Assistants fresh out of school with minimal ... More

Okay Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Familia Dental

Pros

Training Was Great, The Trainer Really Broke Down All The Steps

Cons

Sometimes There Is A Lot To Do With So Little Time
    Too Many Things Going On At Once

People Should Be Treated With A Little More Respect
    There Is Some Favoritism That Goes On
    But Overall Its An OK Place To Work

Dec 22, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our training process. We have been working on improving training for our Call Center employees, and feedback helps us make further improvements. I would ... More

Fast Paced Team work environment

Current Employee - Call Center Incoming in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Call Center Incoming in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Familia Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at the call center is very fast paced. A typical day consists of high volume of inbound calls. You are trained to know the basics of the dental health industry in order to assist patients and get them into the office to get looked at by the doctor. Every day is a new learning experience, definitely not for the faint of heart or people that do not have a decent work ethic. You will be expected to write things down if you can't remember and put reminders up in your cubicle. Your calls will be analyzed and reviewed to make sure you are following proper procedure and not getting laxed. Management is very flexible when it comes to a family emergency as long as it's not abused. Decent starting pay, good benefits including vision and paid time off including holidays. Some departments also offer you some bonus money you can make.

Cons

You get 3 weeks of training and have to learn a lot of information. Being its the health industry things are always getting updated so you don't always get trained through every scenario within those weeks. Management recognizes this and they do hold multiple meetings and are always helpful.

Add more doctors to certain locations where patients have to wait a minute to be seen.

Dec 15, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment on a "typical" work day. This is definitely a job where you won't get bored by doing the exact same thing over and over again. We do put a high value on ... More

A good place to work...NO REGRETS!

I have been working at Familia Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Familia Dental gives many people an opportunity at a career that they ortherwise would not have had. Many times, we hire people who have very little to no experience and provide them with the "on hands" training that will make them an asset within the workforce, wether within our company, or another company.
    Family Dental is a very rapidly growing company, and is happy to let the employees grow with them as well (with many advancement opportunites within the company). New to come to our company this year, is a full benefits package, which again shows that this company values thier employees and "invests" into thier futures.
    Not only does this company care about thier employees, they also go above and beyond for thier patients - offering late appointments, and accepting most all insurance plans. If not for Familia Dental, many patients would have not place to turn for thier dental needs.
    I have no regrets in working for this company...as a matter of fact, I have recruited many of my friends/aquaintances for positions within the company!

Cons

Salary could be more competative.

Dec 12, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments, and thank you for referring friends and acquaintances to Familia Dental as an employer. Your referrals are the highest compliment you can make to a company!

Questionable Company

Current Employee - Customer Representative in Elgin, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Representative in Elgin, IL

I have been working at Familia Dental full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Benefits are finally provided for this year

Cons

-Work hours with very short window of break time
    -Very unprofessional setting-- lots of gossip mongering behavior
    -Poor management
    -Favoritism within the workplace

The management needs a complete rehaul, between the favoritism, inappropriate behavior, and poor organization... It's just a mess. I wouldn't advise anyone to apply here. Growth is also very limited and there seems to be nepotism within the workplace as well.

Jan 14, 2015Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We have been working on improving our Call Center, and feedback helps us make further improvements. We have increased the amount of paid time off for employees and ... More

Ok to get experience, but that's about it.

Former Employee - Billing in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Billing in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Finally have health insurance. If you just finished school, this is a good entry level company to get your experience.

Cons

Your only trained for a couple of days then your thrown out there with the wolves. No dental insurance. Discounts don't count. (I see the complaints patients have, why would I go to the office). Too much favoritism. Managers act more like friends to employees instead of managers. Very stressful environment. Your job position may be one thing, but you may end up doing everyone else's job at the same time. Being forced to stay late or come in early. Many employees using work phones for personal calls. Employees using computers for things other than work purposes. No accountability between management and employees. Not a very professional environment. Higher up management flirt with the girls, but you have to have a certain look for that. No room for growth there.

Learn how to treat your employees with respect, and maybe they won't leave. Managers shouldn't be having personal conversations with employees at work. Be more professional.

Dec 23, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We have recently added group medical and vision insurance and we have expanded our paid time off. We do train people with little or no previous experience in the field ... More

Horrible experience

Former Employee - Call Center Outgoing in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Call Center Outgoing in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I wouldn't have applied here if i would of knew how bad this job is and how stressing is as well!

Cons

Everything ! Management is the worst

Never going to change

Dec 5, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear this wasn't the right job for you. We do have a very busy call center which supports our 27 offices in 4 states. We handle all appointment setting ... More

HORIBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Agent-Call Center in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Agent-Call Center in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (less than a year)

Pros

absolutely nothing, don't waste ur time working here!!!!

Cons

First of all, its a very unorganized place all around from managers to workers. The girls are all rude they think they are better than everyone there bc they are ur team leads. Yea sure they hire you fast, why? bc girls are always leaving from left to right. I worked there for 2 months, they miss payed me, and I worked really hard for a bonus that I never got, ridiculous. I usually don't write reviews but I'm sorry I had to. The whole company is a mess, they don't care for their patients all they care about is getting ppl in so they get money, patients were ALWAYS unsatisfied with Familia Dental. I felt like I was back in HS with all the drama. Oh yea they yell at you every other day in their so called "meetings" and best part about the whole job is that they threaten to fire you if ur numbers don't go up. It's just a horrible and very UNPROFRESIONAL place to work at. PLEASE don't work for this company you will regret it.

Oct 17, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. Turnover in our Call Center has been higher than we would like, and we have taken a number of steps to improve the employment experience ... More