Familia Dental

CEO

Fast Paced Team work environment

Current Employee - Call Center Incoming in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Call Center Incoming in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Familia Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at the call center is very fast paced. A typical day consists of high volume of inbound calls. You are trained to know the basics of the dental health industry in order to assist patients and get them into the office to get looked at by the doctor. Every day is a new learning experience, definitely not for the faint of heart or people that do not have a decent work ethic. You will be expected to write things down if you can't remember and put reminders up in your cubicle. Your calls will be analyzed and reviewed to make sure you are following proper procedure and not getting laxed. Management is very flexible when it comes to a family emergency as long as it's not abused. Decent starting pay, good benefits including vision and paid time off including holidays. Some departments also offer you some bonus money you can make.

Cons

You get 3 weeks of training and have to learn a lot of information. Being its the health industry things are always getting updated so you don't always get trained through every scenario within those weeks. Management recognizes this and they do hold multiple meetings and are always helpful.

Add more doctors to certain locations where patients have to wait a minute to be seen.

Dec 15, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment on a "typical" work day. This is definitely a job where you won't get bored by doing the exact same thing over and over again. We do put a high value on ... More

A good place to work...NO REGRETS!

I have been working at Familia Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Familia Dental gives many people an opportunity at a career that they ortherwise would not have had. Many times, we hire people who have very little to no experience and provide them with the "on hands" training that will make them an asset within the workforce, wether within our company, or another company.
    Family Dental is a very rapidly growing company, and is happy to let the employees grow with them as well (with many advancement opportunites within the company). New to come to our company this year, is a full benefits package, which again shows that this company values thier employees and "invests" into thier futures.
    Not only does this company care about thier employees, they also go above and beyond for thier patients - offering late appointments, and accepting most all insurance plans. If not for Familia Dental, many patients would have not place to turn for thier dental needs.
    I have no regrets in working for this company...as a matter of fact, I have recruited many of my friends/aquaintances for positions within the company!

Cons

Salary could be more competative.

Dec 12, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments, and thank you for referring friends and acquaintances to Familia Dental as an employer. Your referrals are the highest compliment you can make to a company!

Horrible experience

Former Employee - Call Center Outgoing in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Call Center Outgoing in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I wouldn't have applied here if i would of knew how bad this job is and how stressing is as well!

Cons

Everything ! Management is the worst

Never going to change

Dec 5, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear this wasn't the right job for you. We do have a very busy call center which supports our 27 offices in 4 states. We handle all appointment setting ... More

HORIBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Agent-Call Center in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Agent-Call Center in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (less than an year)

Pros

absolutely nothing, don't waste ur time working here!!!!

Cons

First of all, its a very unorganized place all around from managers to workers. The girls are all rude they think they are better than everyone there bc they are ur team leads. Yea sure they hire you fast, why? bc girls are always leaving from left to right. I worked there for 2 months, they miss payed me, and I worked really hard for a bonus that I never got, ridiculous. I usually don't write reviews but I'm sorry I had to. The whole company is a mess, they don't care for their patients all they care about is getting ppl in so they get money, patients were ALWAYS unsatisfied with Familia Dental. I felt like I was back in HS with all the drama. Oh yea they yell at you every other day in their so called "meetings" and best part about the whole job is that they threaten to fire you if ur numbers don't go up. It's just a horrible and very UNPROFRESIONAL place to work at. PLEASE don't work for this company you will regret it.

Oct 17, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. Turnover in our Call Center has been higher than we would like, and we have taken a number of steps to improve the employment experience ... More

Great entry level experience with fair compensation.

I worked at Familia Dental

Pros

They will train you with minimum experience and are willing to give people a shot.

Cons

Upper management is overbearing with micromanagement. Fear is used as a motivational tool to not lose your job. Expensive benefits, no dental insurance, no vacation until after one year of working, even then it's only 5 days.

Find other ways to manage people instead of using fear to intimidate your employees.

Nov 28, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are proud of the opportunities we are able to provide to individuals who are interested in learning a new skill. We are able to provide ... More

I shouldn't even give this place ONE star.

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (more than an year)

Pros

fast paced, friendly co-workers, I can't even say any more positive things.

Cons

no dental, medical or vision benefits. No 401k, HR department does not address any issues regarding employee concerns, management is very shady, unethical company that treats their dental patients poorly, management has unrealistic expectations, they refuse to pay overtime, high turnover rate, management will yell at you in front of others, I have a feeling some sort of fraud is going on with the company.

Managment is very manipulative and extremely micromanaged. Please start caring about your employees and the patients you serve; otherwise, you will only last a couple more years. Also, please stop using scare tactics to get tasks done; yelling at your employees will not make them work any faster.

Dec 5, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We do work in a very fast-paced environment, and I'm happy to hear you found your co-workers friendly. Our benefit plans have not always kept pace with our rapid growth ... More

Good company to start with opportunities to grow, just be patient!

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in East Saint Louis, IL
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in East Saint Louis, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Familia trains it's employees and let's it's employees grow.

Cons

Some of the personalities amongst the Dentists are "Godly" and they do not fit in well with the standards of the company nor do some of the Dentists appreciate the wonderful staff that are working with them and are training with them (even after a year).

All the dentists that work there need to be checked for customer service skils. Observations of the Dentists in cooperation with their Dental Assistants need to be checked on frequently, because if Dentists are given the "run" of the company the soul and heart of the Dental Assistants will be low because many of the Dentists have a "God" like complex when dealing with the Dental Assistants and sometimes with the patients.

All of our dental assistants were hired on for full-time work but were never given full-time hours.

Promise you the world with little delivery.

I worked at Familia Dental full-time

Pros

Growing company with decent salaries.

Cons

Corporate management is extremely controlling and has consistant tendancies to micromanage their employees. This includes cameras in the staff areas to make sure there are not personal conversations occuring at work. The salary was not worth the headaches that were caused by being overworked and underappreciated. Also, the benefits package was virtually nonexistent.

Be honest and appreciate your staff. They will work harder for you and be more passionate about their work, which will better your business in the long run.

Familia Dental Photos