Familia Dental

Updated June 3, 2014
Updated June 3, 2014
1.6

CEO

Good company to start with opportunities to grow, just be patient!

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in East Saint Louis, IL
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in East Saint Louis, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Familia trains it's employees and let's it's employees grow.

Cons

Some of the personalities amongst the Dentists are "Godly" and they do not fit in well with the standards of the company nor do some of the Dentists appreciate the wonderful staff that are working with them and are training with them (even after a year).

All the dentists that work there need to be checked for customer service skils. Observations of the Dentists in cooperation with their Dental Assistants need to be checked on frequently, because if Dentists are given the "run" of the company the soul and heart of the Dental Assistants will be low because many of the Dentists have a "God" like complex when dealing with the Dental Assistants and sometimes with the patients.

All of our dental assistants were hired on for full-time work but were never given full-time hours.

HORIBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Agent-Call Center in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Agent-Call Center in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (less than an year)

Pros

absolutely nothing, don't waste ur time working here!!!!

Cons

First of all, its a very unorganized place all around from managers to workers. The girls are all rude they think they are better than everyone there bc they are ur team leads. Yea sure they hire you fast, why? bc girls are always leaving from left to right. I worked there for 2 months, they miss payed me, and I worked really hard for a bonus that I never got, ridiculous. I usually don't write reviews but I'm sorry I had to. The whole company is a mess, they don't care for their patients all they care about is getting ppl in so they get money, patients were ALWAYS unsatisfied with Familia Dental. I felt like I was back in HS with all the drama. Oh yea they yell at you every other day in their so called "meetings" and best part about the whole job is that they threaten to fire you if ur numbers don't go up. It's just a horrible and very UNPROFRESIONAL place to work at. PLEASE don't work for this company you will regret it.

Familia Dental Response

Oct 17, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. Turnover in our Call Center has been higher than we would like, and we have taken a number of steps to improve the employment experience ... More

Great entry level experience with fair compensation.

I worked at Familia Dental

Pros

They will train you with minimum experience and are willing to give people a shot.

Cons

Upper management is overbearing with micromanagement. Fear is used as a motivational tool to not lose your job. Expensive benefits, no dental insurance, no vacation until after one year of working, even then it's only 5 days.

Find other ways to manage people instead of using fear to intimidate your employees.

I shouldn't even give this place ONE star.

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (more than an year)

Pros

fast paced, friendly co-workers, I can't even say any more positive things.

Cons

no dental, medical or vision benefits. No 401k, HR department does not address any issues regarding employee concerns, management is very shady, unethical company that treats their dental patients poorly, management has unrealistic expectations, they refuse to pay overtime, high turnover rate, management will yell at you in front of others, I have a feeling some sort of fraud is going on with the company.

Managment is very manipulative and extremely micromanaged. Please start caring about your employees and the patients you serve; otherwise, you will only last a couple more years. Also, please stop using scare tactics to get tasks done; yelling at your employees will not make them work any faster.

Promise you the world with little delivery.

I worked at Familia Dental full-time

Pros

Growing company with decent salaries.

Cons

Corporate management is extremely controlling and has consistant tendancies to micromanage their employees. This includes cameras in the staff areas to make sure there are not personal conversations occuring at work. The salary was not worth the headaches that were caused by being overworked and underappreciated. Also, the benefits package was virtually nonexistent.

Be honest and appreciate your staff. They will work harder for you and be more passionate about their work, which will better your business in the long run.

Familia Dental Photos