Family Behavioral Resources

2.4
Rick J. Murray, LSW, BCBA

1. TSS

I worked at Family Behavioral Resources

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities, very welcoming!

Cons

None at the moment! Really enjoyed working here

2. Clients are awesome- Upper management can

Former Employee - Mobile Therapist, BSC in Indiana, PA
    Former Employee - Mobile Therapist, BSC in Indiana, PA

I worked at Family Behavioral Resources

Pros

Kids and their families that WANT to grow and change to adapt to their kid's special needs, setting your own schedule, co-workers that are so much fun!!!

Cons

Extensive driving for trainings that last all day, management that changes more often than I change myself, paperwork expectations that mysteriously change weekly, lousy pay for a TON of paperwork- (NO pay for ppw time), complications for getting reimbursed for phone and mileage, office staff that are less than helpful

Advice to Management

Stay consistent, please!!! Train your management better and decide on what you want BEFORE the employees begin to do something- not midstream...

Lack of team work from company

Former Employee - BSC in Brackenridge, PA
    Former Employee - BSC in Brackenridge, PA

I worked at Family Behavioral Resources (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with children and making an impact

Cons

Often times the blame game was played. Supervisors did all they could to keep everyone happy but if something came down from corporate it sent panic throughout the agency. Changes often made without explanation and then switched back or never put into effect

Advice to Management

Keep your heads up. Take the fall for your employees and don't assume everyone is out to get you.

Mental health therapsit

I have been working at Family Behavioral Resources part-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, nice coworkeres

Cons

They change pay rate& benefits often. A lot of confusion

Advice to Management

Respect employees and their families. A happy worker will make you money

6. I absolutely love the having opportunity to improve the behavior of clients.

Current Employee - Tss in Chambersburg, PA
    Current Employee - Tss in Chambersburg, PA

I have been working at Family Behavioral Resources part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to focus on behavioral issues and do not have to delve into academics at the same time.

Cons

If the client is sick, you miss hours therefore you do not get paid

Advice to Management

Stay positive!

Was very hopeful, was very disappointed

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Family Behavioral Resources

Pros

Always open positions for advancement (there's a reason for that), many staff and employees in management really do have genuine intentions in treating staff with respect and understanding, but due to "policy" they are not permitted to reflect that, lest they be "held accountable" also.

Cons

On many many occasions as a mid level manager I heard "if they don't like it they don't have to work here" when staff concerns were brought to upper management. The practice of creating wide spread blanket policy was used frequently to address issues that were almost always the infractions of a few. Sort of "punish them all until the few stop misbehaving" mentality. This was a mindset from the very top and had to be trickled down to the staff. As they all say, you know what rolls downhill. Every managerial decision had to be checked with upper management or decided in a committee, or by a zillion emails, but the manager who executed the decision was held responsible. Something simple like increasing a good employee's hourly rate by $0.25 had to be approved by management at the regional level and took weeks. This company is run by a small handful of work a holics who see the staff as worker drones that can be easily replaced without regard. Sure, help is promised when the workload becomes 2 full time jobs, but in the interest of saving a few (and I mean a few) bucks to get additional part time help, it is "not feasible for the budget". On more than one occasion, I saw employees hired with the expectation of certain benefits, perks, etc, only to be told after hire that those were not part of the deal and could not be honored or the terms changed and now you get this instead. I was so hopeful for this job. I really thought it would allow me to take my career to the next level. Although I worked at least 20 hours overtime for free every week (salary) to Terry and make it work, sadly, poor leadership and even less support doesn't benefit anyone. But I was easily replaced. Twice in one year I've heard....

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff. Complaints usually start as ideas that have not been heard. Treat staff like people.

Great entry level position

Current Employee - Tss in Uniontown, PA
    Current Employee - Tss in Uniontown, PA

I have been working at Family Behavioral Resources part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, access to supervisors and treatment team coordinators. Continuing education opportunities. Good wage. Very rewarding to watch the consumers make progress.

Cons

Most hours are late afternoon and evening.

TSS disapointing

Former Employee - Therapeutic Staff Support in Altoona, PA
    Former Employee - Therapeutic Staff Support in Altoona, PA

I worked at Family Behavioral Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excelent training, other TSS were supportive of each other, The BSC were also supportive of TSSs Ower level Managers were also suportive.

Cons

Never rewarded Seniority Lolalty and hard work. Management was not supportive of staff Complained several times to upper Management (Corp office) and nothing was ever resloved

Advice to Management

Keep promisies made work with employees not against them. Treat TSS and BSC better rewarded hard work and lolalty.

Not Right for Everyone

Current Employee - Therapeutic Support Staff in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Therapeutic Support Staff in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Family Behavioral Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with hours. A good job to have to supplement finances while earning a Masters degree.

Cons

Disorganized, lack of communication, lack of support, instability (hours), poor management...
    Impossible to budget if this is a full time job.

Advice to Management

Increase communication and organization. Be more transparent and supportive. Offer incentives and pay in conjunction with level of education.

disrespected

I have been working at Family Behavioral Resources part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can work from home, you do accrue vacation pay, and you can adjust your work schedule.

Cons

The work-life balance is not balanced. You are away from home for 10-12 hours a day but not working all of those hours. Then you have to do work at home. You end up doing work at home on the weekend and often work 7 days a week. The rules for how you are to do your work are impossible to follow when they are all taken together.

Advice to Management

There are some great people to work with but others do not treat you with respect. There seems to be a disconnect to the reality of what can be accomplished in a week and what is expected.

RSS Feed </> Embed