Family Heritage Life Insurance

Reset
4.4
Family Heritage Life Insurance President and CEO Howard Lewis
Howard Lewis

Pros
  • Unlimited income opportunity, earn renewal income and vesting (in 5 reviews)

• Great training provided at a 1 week Sales School (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission means if you are snowed in, stuck in a thunder storm or sick - you do not get paid (in 4 reviews)

• Cold calling - door to door, really has its crutches (in 6 reviews)

1. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Life work balance
    Good management
    Gives back to community
    Listnes to their employees

Cons

Noting I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

2. Independent Sales Agent

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Company and People are amazing! The ongoing support and training is critical to your success and it's easily available.

Cons

You're an Independent Agent. While you have the ability to build your own empire, getting started can be a little rough. You need to be realistic and know that in advance.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

3. Sales manager and insurange agent

Current Employee - Direct Sales and Sales Management in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Direct Sales and Sales Management in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The products we offer truly make a difference and I'm allowed to set my own schedule. I work about 40 hours a week and I get paid much more than I actually need. I'm able to save money and get ahead here. My managers constantly ask me about MY goals and dreams, and they help me map out a plan to achieve those. The company cares more about you as a person than your amount of sales. It's a healthy place to work. We take a lot of great company trips and I get monthly stock and cash bonuses just for doing what I'm suppose to. There is a TON of room for personal AND professional growth. You do NOT have to wait to get a promotion to get into management. Advancement is earned. YOU decide the career path that is best for you. It is NOT decided for you. There's no cap on your income. The culture is very positive and encouraging. There's a lot of great training and support. I think what we do is great. Success is not given away. It's earned. But you are highly recognized and rewarded for doing well. And p.s.... did I mention that there is LIFETIME residual income?

Cons

I think the only con I could think of is self funded benefits. But I guess that's pretty normal for small business owners. With the amount of income you can make, it really doesn't matter.

5. Great Career!

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Big Sky, MT
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Big Sky, MT

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time

Pros

The products are great. They add are of tremendous value to the client if they need to use it... and if they don't, it is a savings plan where they get all of their money back.
    The Culture of the Company is really inspiring! Everyone is focused on growth through service.

Cons

The autonomy can be a challenge to handle for someone that doesn't have self-discipline.

Advice to Management

Pay for more trips!

6. Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

Great people, ability to choose destiny, bonuses, great work life balance, leadership is good, training is good.

Cons

Hard to get started, but once you get past the learning curve you're golden.

7. Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Morehead, KY
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Morehead, KY

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance

Pros

Great pay, they offer base pay/commission, bonuses, family vacations, paid training, a company Ipad, 5 day work week, gas bonuses, stock options, and much more! You will also have the opportunity for advancement in as little as 12 weeks with the option of building your own team, which means added compensation. Requirements: 18+, some sales experience preferred. Must be able to pass a background check (no felonies)

Cons

It is hard to get started. FHL and Bluegrass Heritage of Morehead Ky do provide warm leads, tons of marketing for you, and work with several businesses in the area, but it is still sales. You have to be able to handle rejection. But overall a great company to work for.

8. Great Training

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Valparaiso, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Valparaiso, IN

Pros

I came into FHL with no sales experience. I learned the material and worked hard to learn their system. By my 3rd week, I was making more money than the salaried position I left. My trainer spent many days in the field with me helping me get started.

Cons

It's not for everyone. You have to work and have a good attitude to be successful. You have to take responsibility for your life and not look for excuses.

Advice to Management

Continue with the support, training, bonuses, stock, ect.

9. Great Company but beware of the Market

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance

Pros

Amazing product with a company that works to do the right thing.

Cons

In the environment of a "family culture" the Sales Director makes or breaks you. My Sales Director managed from a bar. Depending on the time of day determined the energy. Pushing and demanding sales while intoxicated. Bonuses were put up but never paid. Watch your account!!

Advice to Management

Do what you say. Spending 24/7 drinking and chasing women is not the example Howard Lewis promotes.

10. Outside Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! Be your own boss! Get paid what you are willing to put into it! Great work/life balance! Lots of incentives to earn additional income and stock!

Cons

Not for the determined! You are in control of your own schedule. Need to be committed!

Great people are leading this company. Excellent experience working here.

Former Employee - National Staff in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - National Staff in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance

Pros

Amazing senior management that is comprised of very high caliber individuals.
    Home office employees are hard working and uphold excellence.
    National directors and managers are very success driven with high ethical standards.
    Exceptional training for new agents.
    Heavy emphasis for ongoing management and leadership training.
    Excellent products that are crystal clear and easy to understand for policyholders.

Cons

I had no complaints about working here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed