Family Heritage Life Insurance

Reset
4.2
Family Heritage Life Insurance President and CEO Howard Lewis
Howard Lewis

Pros
  • Unlimited income opportunity, earn renewal income and vesting (in 5 reviews)

• Great training provided at a 1 week Sales School (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission means if you are snowed in, stuck in a thunder storm or sick - you do not get paid (in 4 reviews)

• Cold calling - door to door, really has its crutches (in 6 reviews)

1. Challenging but worth it

Current Employee - Sales Director in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Support, training, culture, family atmosphere, income, growth, challenge

Cons

Extremely challenging career path and not for everyone!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

2. Great Company

Former Employee - National Sales Director in Leavenworth, KS
    Former Employee - National Sales Director in Leavenworth, KS

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with outstanding benefits. The people are very motivating and easy to work with. Family Heritage offers the best product in the industry.

Cons

Hard, Direct sales, Door to Door, No Guarantee, Straight Commission

Keep your eyes wide open

Current Employee - Field Agent in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Field Agent in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing. Hands down, most thoroughly upbeat culture I've ever experienced.

Cons

Everything goes on your tab. You pay for your training. Ask lots of questions and make sure you can actually afford to get past the curve. If you don't want to knock on doors all day this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Be straightforward. Keep up the positivity.

5. Agent

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Durango, CO
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Durango, CO

Pros

Awesome people to work with

Cons

Insurance sales in this economy when people are strapped for cash they drop insurance everytime.

FHL has given my family more income, more freedom, more flexibility & more options than I EVER dreamed was possible.

Current Employee - Sales Director in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The residual income (I'm paid every month for every day I've ever worked here), the leveraged income (the ability to hire & mentor others to be successful in our business), ownership (we are given stock in a $21 Billion company for helping grow it & most of all THE PEOPLE here are 2nd to none & truly care about the success of others.....especially the new agents as they are getting their new careers started.

Cons

On the sales side of things, more people say "no" than say "yes" which is simple a fact of sales. One the leadership side of things, people you hire won't always do what they say they will do, which leads to some of the greatest disappointments. The only way to really find out what someone is made of is to give them that opportunity. What they do with it is up to them.

Advice to Management

Hold fast to the principles this great company was founded on. Keep building people. It's working!

7. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Life work balance Good management Gives back to community Listnes to their employees

Cons

Noting I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

Independent Sales Agent

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Roanoke, VA

Pros

The Company and People are amazing! The ongoing support and training is critical to your success and it's easily available.

Cons

You're an Independent Agent. While you have the ability to build your own empire, getting started can be a little rough. You need to be realistic and know that in advance.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Sales manager and insurange agent

Current Employee - Direct Sales and Sales Management in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Direct Sales and Sales Management in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The products we offer truly make a difference and I'm allowed to set my own schedule. I work about 40 hours a week and I get paid much more than I actually need. I'm able to save money and get ahead here. My managers constantly ask me about MY goals and dreams, and they help me map out a plan to achieve those. The company cares more about you as a person than your amount of sales. It's a healthy place to work. We take a lot of great company trips and I get monthly stock and cash bonuses just for doing what I'm suppose to. There is a TON of room for personal AND professional growth. You do NOT have to wait to get a promotion to get into management. Advancement is earned. YOU decide the career path that is best for you. It is NOT decided for you. There's no cap on your income. The culture is very positive and encouraging. There's a lot of great training and support. I think what we do is great. Success is not given away. It's earned. But you are highly recognized and rewarded for doing well. And p.s.... did I mention that there is LIFETIME residual income?

Cons

I think the only con I could think of is self funded benefits. But I guess that's pretty normal for small business owners. With the amount of income you can make, it really doesn't matter.

10. Great Career!

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Big Sky, MT
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Big Sky, MT

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time

Pros

The products are great. They add are of tremendous value to the client if they need to use it... and if they don't, it is a savings plan where they get all of their money back. The Culture of the Company is really inspiring! Everyone is focused on growth through service.

Cons

The autonomy can be a challenge to handle for someone that doesn't have self-discipline.

Advice to Management

Pay for more trips!

11. Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

Great people, ability to choose destiny, bonuses, great work life balance, leadership is good, training is good.

Cons

Hard to get started, but once you get past the learning curve you're golden.

RSS Feed </> Embed