Family Heritage Life Insurance Reviews

1. Personal Growth!!

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance

Pros

I love working with FHL because I have complete control while having complete support. I can make this job whatever I want to be. I am surrounded by people who care about and are constantly helping me get what I want. Everyone we work with is driven. Those lazy co-workers that you dislike will not make it in the business; therefore, you are surrounded by rock stars who challenge and elevate you.

Cons

Have to be motivated!! Not for folks just looking to skate by.

Continue looking for ways to get folks out of the employee mindset ASAP.

2. Great people are leading this company. Excellent experience working here.

Former Employee - National Staff in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - National Staff in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance

Pros

Amazing senior management that is comprised of very high caliber individuals.
    Home office employees are hard working and uphold excellence.
    National directors and managers are very success driven with high ethical standards.
    Exceptional training for new agents.
    Heavy emphasis for ongoing management and leadership training.
    Excellent products that are crystal clear and easy to understand for policyholders.

Cons

I had no complaints about working here.

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. Great Opportunity to earn a high income regardless of sales background!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great first year earning potential and one of the fastest lifetime vesting schedules in the industry, Incredible product line featuring Return of Premium, Quality people who truly care and invest in your success, Freedom and flexibility when it comes to schedule (plan work around your life, not life around your work), Promotions are based on your results (i.e. you decide when they are given to you)

Cons

You have to learn how to motivate yourself and be able to handle rejection. This career takes dedication and a certain toughness, but that's why we attract the type of people that we do!

5. The sky's the limit

Former Employee - Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Sales Agent

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Keep our promises and do the right thing;
    Provide world-class service by being there when needed;
    Commit to respect and quality in all we do for our claimants and other policyholders, sales force, employees and shareholders;
    Be driven to work and grow with passion, enthusiasm and commitment; and
    Give back of our time, talent and treasure.

Cons

Overcoming your fears and being able to deal with rude people

Keep up the good work

6. Unlike Insurance as you know it. I've only been with FHL for a short time but this is the best opportunity in America.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are the best part of this organization, without a doubt. Next is the products that they are offering- which actually protect the families we service. Lastly the compensation is honestly unlike anything you will find. The leadership and training is un-matched.

Cons

If you can't be coachable, put in the hours, or can't talk to people it might prove difficult but don't let that discourage you from giving it an honest chance.

Keep doing what you are doing.

7. Good job

I worked at Family Heritage Life Insurance

Pros

Great money making opportunities, good leadership in making sure your on target

Cons

You have to stay motivated and not get discouraged when getting turned down by customers

N/a

Absolutely the BEST sales company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance

Pros

The culture of this company makes it unique. The entire sales force is rewarded with (literally) millions of dollars in incentives that come in the form of stock, cash bonuses, and trips. You truly get paid what your worth. PRO: if you are willing to put in the hard work and time it takes and listen to what they teach you, you can make a lot of money. Also the products are the best in the industry. The people make you feel like family.

Cons

Sales isn't easy. It takes hard work to be successful. Offers a challenge!

Absolutely worth interviewing to find out what the local office has to offer. They've taken my family all over the world on free vacations, I've made more money than any of my peers, and they give you stock- ownership in the company- for growing your business. Duplicatable process for success in the insurance industry.

Family Heritage commission Life

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

Family Heritage views its employees as family. There are countless incentives for meeting or exceeding sales quotas. You are given the freedom to run your business that suites your personality while receiving helpful hints and suggestions from directors and coworkers.

Cons

You are expected to build your own business without having a foothold in your local territory. You have to explain the history of the company, the products offered, and the reasons why it would be beneficial for the potential client to sign up to every customer in a cold market. You become accustomed to doing those tasks, but what affects you the most is the commission based pay scale. If your not generating sales on a daily basis then you're not making any money. The lack of base pay and the commitment of 50 hour plus work weeks makes being a permanent member of Family Heritage unappealing. If you like commission sales it's great fit for you, if you want more of a structured pay scale then it definitely is not.

10. Attitude. Motivation and Commitment

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Columbia, MO

Pros

Best opportunity available for self driven business owner!
    The incentive trips are AWESOME!
    Make your own schedule!
    Fulfillment in providing a top notch product with excellent value to ANYONE!
    Knowing that upper level management has worked from the bottom up, and that Howard Lewis prides that hard work of every employee as an integral part of the business.
    A family culture that nurtures each other, recognizes success and provides positive support in the struggles.
    True freedom that encourages each agent to build their business.
    My mentor, George Zimny of Zeal Financial really has a vested interest in the agents personal growth by helping agents set high goals for business, but also personally.

Cons

As with ANY sales career, it takes personal commitment, high level of personal accountability, flexibility and motivation. These are traits that a person must be able to open themselves up to and be willing to learn. The first few months are definitely hard. The first year is the lowest paying. With NO ceiling, you can work as hard as you want, but without discipline in self and maintaining a forward thinking attitude- the career won't bring you the success you could have!

Group health insurance especially with the recent changes in healthcare would be a nice option for recruiting new agents for the long term.

Amazing opportunity in the Insurance Industry

Current Employee - Agent in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Agent in Charlottesville, VA

Pros

Unlimited income, great bonuses, stock, trips, ethical environment, and clear opportunity to build future business and perpetual renewals. I love the family supportive environment. My regional manager has been awesome in training me and supporting me in working towards my long term goals.

Cons

It's not what you do when people are looking but when they aren't- you must go to work to earn. Nobody will hold your hand and randomly give you a paycheck you didn't earn.

It would be great to develop a bundled benefit package for agents to access even as a 1099.

Family Heritage Life Insurance Photos