Fan TV

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014
3.9

Gilles BianRosa and Olivier Chalouhi

inventing the future everyday...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fan TV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the best part about Fanhattan is getting up everyday and working with the brightest minds in silicon valley and hollywood to invent the future. this is a great company in the making and there is a strong vibe in the office that we are all in this together. it's the perfect example of that silicon valley start-up.

great perks like membership to equinox gym, catered lunches, movie nights, great 401k and health care.

strong management team and leadership.

Cons

the company is growing so fast, we are all packed in the office... but that is a temporary situation.

keep running ahead...

Incompetence + arrogance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Fan TV full-time

Pros

Good package: competitive salary and benefits including gym and weekly lunch. It gives you the opportunity to accumulate resume skills and experience working on a good idea before moving on to your next job.

Cons

The worst of silicon valley's startup culture. A bunch of dudes with aggressive personality, no skills on the technology and too much arrogance to admit it. High personnel rotation is always a red flag and Fan TV (previously Fanhattan, previously Vuze, all the same people) has actually decreased in size. Quite a few talented engineers have come and go, they hire talented people but they won't let them do their job because the founders need constant reassurance of "authority". Not only my case, but other cases of employee dissatisfaction were handled badly by the CEO and the rest of upper management.

Quit the arrogance, you are not geniuses. You would be successful if you let the talent do their job.

Look elsewhere

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Fan TV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Office looks nice. Great compensation. The Product Manager is a reasonable person.

Cons

No headroom to grow. The computer is financially weak with a product that has to reach million of people, yet nobody knows about it. Office is too small for the number of people and has no privacy. There is nothing startup about the company except the look of the office. Company is running out of money soon without a new round of funding.

Do your marketing and let the engineers drive the product design more.

All rowing together

I have been working at Fan TV full-time

Pros

Inspiring CEO, Strong and experienced team, huge vision, amazing passion, friendly work environment, lots of perks including meals, heath club, and corporate benefits, movie buffs, mentorship, generous company events and activities.

Cons

Fanhattan is not (yet) located in San Francisco city, currently located in San Mateo, which means commuting for employees in the city. That being said, the office is located a few blocks from the train and provides transit or parking passes.

Brilliant minds, fantastic tech, exciting industry, rewarding work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fan TV as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Work alongside some of the most creative, driven and fun people from Hollywood and Silicon Valley, as well as the Hulk, Iron Man and Han Solo whose life-sized figures cheer you on at your spacious and sunny desk. Get paid to talk about and watch TV shows and movies. Make entertainment technology better.

Cons

Most of us can't spend the WHOLE day watching videos. The generous spread of free food and beverages also makes it hard to keep those New Years' resolutions, although there ARE healthy options like fruit, nuts and green tea.

Keep up the good work -- you're building something uniquely awesome here.

Satisfied Designer

Current Employee - Interactive Designer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Interactive Designer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fan TV full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At Fanhattan we all work very close together. We have daily stand-ups at the start of everyday on our all of our products. Everyone is well versed in each product and constantly updated on their statuses. We have all hands meetings monthly both on and off-site. Catered lunch is a common occurrence and off-site events with teams are always a blast. Weekly one-on-one meetings with upper management are appreciated, this provides the opportunity to verbalize problems and concerns.

Cons

Office is a little small and sometimes loud for this growing company. Can be particular about who they hire (which can be both good and bad).

There is always room to improve team communication, compared to when I first started this has changed dramatically!

Fan TV Photos