Faneuil

Anna Van Buren

Successful Company

Current Employee - Payment Processor in Portsmouth, VA
    Current Employee - Payment Processor in Portsmouth, VA

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employee are helpful. Easy hiring process, the staff is friendly. Locations are clean. The staff will offer you what you need to meet your goals. The police guard this location.

Cons

Any cons can be dealt with by management.

Faneuil has plenty of options.

Do Not Work Here

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some nice co-workers. Taking calls from customers can be very rewarding if you are the type that likes to solve problems and find answers for them.

Cons

Have you read George Orwell's 1984? Well, privacy wise, that is how Faneuil is. You never have a single moment of privacy, even going to the toilet. Everyone knows how bad or good your QA scores are AND if you are UN-Lucky you will get the Supervisor who bad mouths individual team members behind their back. There is a degree of "Nepotism" going on. Those who have family and friends in higher positions get more attention and help. People must be getting used to low-pay, because the pay is not that great when you consider how much and fast the cost of living is going up. SUPER HIGH TURN OVER RATE. They are constantly in hiring mode. People quit all the time or get fired. WHY WOULD ANYONE stay at a job with a constant threat of being FIRED over their heads?
    Faneuil apparently makes money "per call" because we have been told to hurry and get people off the phone so you can take another call. The Health Plan Finder is still experiencing many technical difficulties.

For gawds sake, HELP your people to succeed!! YOU seem to have plenty of time for pot lucks and such, then help those who are trying and trying and trying and still coming up short. DO NOT TALK badly about team members to other employees. That is absolutely a FAIL...and HOW DARE YOU talk badly about people behind their backs. YOU think people don't know about it?

Too good to be true.

Current Employee - Image Reviewer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Image Reviewer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Faneuil part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility. Hourly rate above minimum wage. Free coffee and cable. Easy work load.

Cons

No hours. Discrepancies as far as what you're told your hours will be. One week the hours great another week it feels like you don't even have a job. Management is disorganized and misleading. Plays the "favorites" game as far as who gets hours.

Be selective in who you hire. Appreciate good employees. Offer more hours. Make good employees full time.

It's ok.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good and jobs are easy. It's a good place to get experience. Coworkers are decent.

Cons

There's not a lot of room for advancement and management isn't all that great.

Have weekly manager meetings so everyone's on the same page and can give the same level of assistance to employees. Also, harrassment policy needs to be changed so that it's dealt with in a better manner.

Less than enjoyable

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rank and file employees are friendly and a very diverse group/

Cons

Poor pay, poor benefits, never a raise and see discipline as punishment instead of a change opportunity.

Grow a pair and speak up to the board to see if they get a dose of reality.

Poor communication

Current Employee - ERT in Portsmouth, VA
    Current Employee - ERT in Portsmouth, VA

I have been working at Faneuil part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co workers help you get through the day. It was a job.

Cons

No communication what so ever from upper management unless it's about overtime or high call volume or the system glitches.

Management needs a whole turn around. He never came out of his office to encourage,motivate or get to know his staff. It's a total joke. All management cares about is laughing amongst themselves and what's for lunch. It would be nice if your employees felt like their supervisors and mangers cared or even had a interest in how we felt or what was really going on. Communication is a HUGE downfall here. It reflects on the tolling.

Easy job but the Pay sucks!

Current Employee - Toll Collector in Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Toll Collector in Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Faneuil part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Promoting from within, easy job, most employees are nice

Cons

Some of the supervisors are lazy!, Pay sucks!!!, Some collectors aren't so great (personality wise) and a bit rude to you when you are a newbie, I was told I have to call to take 3 shifts at least per week, no set schedule, Not allowed anything with you while collecting tolls (no cell phones), Caught supervisor on his cell with lights off in building watching YOUTUBE videos!!!

Set the example for your employees!

A recipe for disaster in any state.

I worked at Faneuil full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay you when you're supposed to get paid, and that's it. No other pros.

Cons

Untruthfulness - they always said they will give us a raise if we cut enough corners, however that never materialized. I once heard that the CEO would not release payment for toilet paper because our program wasn't making enough money.

Stop lying to your clients and maybe you won't lose them.

too many changes

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Faneuil part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with my coworkers and helping the customers. I also like the fact that my location closes at a certain time. Cashing out at the end of the shift is not bad also.

Cons

Constantly changing my schedule every week is a big problem. I am a part time employee and they want to reduce my hours to weekends. It makes a part timer feel like they are nothing.

Part timers are as important as Full timers.

Faneuil Inc. was a great company to work for. the first set of managers were great people to work for.

Former Employee - Regional Support Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Support Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Faneuil full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The first set of managers were great listeners and allowed employees to air their concerns without fear.

Cons

The new set of managers do not listen before making a judgement and also are not people oriented.

your employees are your greatest asset. Listen with the intent to understand.