Faneuil Reviews

1. Decent call center

Current Employee - Team Lead in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people,, they make this place a great place to work for.

Cons

Attendance policy is a bit strict for a call center environment.

Keep the supervisors and site managers happy they really do make the Spokane WA site a great place to work.

2. Lack of stability, Poor leadership.

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get along with most co workers

Cons

Faneuil survives off of its contracts. You are never sure if your job will last as long as your told it will. Communication on how long contracts are to be at times are not clear , leaving you fearing for your future. The leadership (VP's, Managers etc.) in this company is a complete joke; many in management positions are not trained correctly and have no leadership skills. They are inconsistent in their practices and shortfall professional judgment in the business to help better processes and procedures.The company waits until the last minute to do things correctly (by policy) with a lot of their contracts and only do so when the client intervenes and all chaos begins, this is due to management ignoring potential future issues and avoiding working towards backup plans should certain processes fail to work. The work environment can be better and the customer service given should be improved. Professionalism is but child's play here, the company lacks that drive or the motive to do so. In addition Faneuil is famous for cutting corners financially with its employees in every way possible, as well as changing policies that only benefit them in the end. They abuse the value of its good employees and promote only those who they like, not who they feel is qualified and who has worked hard to earn promotions. The politics are big here. A lot of Issues are overlooked and swept under the rug as they are not important enough for them to focus on. In the end if you need a quick paycheck, by all means please come here. Otherwise you'll be stuck in this snake pit.

Grow up, become real "leaders", train yourselves on how a real business runs and implement that in your daily tasks.

3. Faneuil Is Not Professional At All!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was a Supervisor, overseeing 16-45 agents on a daily basis. I got called into the HR one morning and I was told that I am being laid off. what pissed me off was that I worked there for about 5 months, while the contract says 6 months. Before I reached my 6 months, I was laid off. The sad thing is, there is no reason given to me for the layoff. Their best reason was "we are cutting down." I asked for a review so that I could improve myself, they said no. I asked for a letter of recommendation, they said no. I COULDN'T EVEN GO BACK TO MY DESK TO GET MY THINGS. I WAS ESCORTED OFF THE BUILDING LIKE A CRIMINAL.

Once they got my things, MANY OF MY PERSONAL CRAP ARE MISSING FROM MY THINGS. What can I do??? NOTHING!

Overall, the company just sucks. There is no rules for adherence--supervisors are acting on "gut feelings" and "intuition" most of the time. Faneuil taught its supervisors to do/say conflicting things. So in essence, there is nothing good about the job and the managers except the pay.

Cons

bad operation managers, bad supervisors--gossip too much, bad bosses, AND TERRIBLE HR.

You can't treat people like a criminal after you laid them off idiots!

5. The WORST

I worked at Faneuil

Pros

It was a job

Cons

No real leadership no one ever knew what was going on at the sometime.

Hire professional competent management!

6. Do not work for this company

Former Employee - Employment Security Representative I in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Employment Security Representative I in Orlando, FL

I worked at Faneuil

Pros

There aren't any pros...Run for the hills.

Cons

Stressful work environment with no support from project management

Hire better HR reps

7. freedom to do your work

Former Employee - Production Clerk in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Production Clerk in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Faneuil full-time (less than a year)

Pros

its a great place to work, as long as you follow company rules and guidelines its ok. I had a set schedule pay was good. followed through with things that needed to be changed

Cons

sometimes it can be mis communication with upper management

have team meetings with people in upper headquarters about the procedures it changed everyday

8. Successful Company

Current Employee - Payment Processor in Portsmouth, VA
    Current Employee - Payment Processor in Portsmouth, VA

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee are helpful. Easy hiring process, the staff is friendly. Locations are clean. The staff will offer you what you need to meet your goals. The police guard this location.

Cons

Any cons can be dealt with by management.

Faneuil has plenty of options.

Do Not Work Here

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some nice co-workers. Taking calls from customers can be very rewarding if you are the type that likes to solve problems and find answers for them.

Cons

Have you read George Orwell's 1984? Well, privacy wise, that is how Faneuil is. You never have a single moment of privacy, even going to the toilet. Everyone knows how bad or good your QA scores are AND if you are UN-Lucky you will get the Supervisor who bad mouths individual team members behind their back. There is a degree of "Nepotism" going on. Those who have family and friends in higher positions get more attention and help. People must be getting used to low-pay, because the pay is not that great when you consider how much and fast the cost of living is going up. SUPER HIGH TURN OVER RATE. They are constantly in hiring mode. People quit all the time or get fired. WHY WOULD ANYONE stay at a job with a constant threat of being FIRED over their heads?
    Faneuil apparently makes money "per call" because we have been told to hurry and get people off the phone so you can take another call. The Health Plan Finder is still experiencing many technical difficulties.

For gawds sake, HELP your people to succeed!! YOU seem to have plenty of time for pot lucks and such, then help those who are trying and trying and trying and still coming up short. DO NOT TALK badly about team members to other employees. That is absolutely a FAIL...and HOW DARE YOU talk badly about people behind their backs. YOU think people don't know about it?

10. It's ok.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good and jobs are easy. It's a good place to get experience. Coworkers are decent.

Cons

There's not a lot of room for advancement and management isn't all that great.

Have weekly manager meetings so everyone's on the same page and can give the same level of assistance to employees. Also, harrassment policy needs to be changed so that it's dealt with in a better manner.

11. Less than enjoyable

I have been working at Faneuil full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Rank and file employees are friendly and a very diverse group/

Cons

Poor pay, poor benefits, never a raise and see discipline as punishment instead of a change opportunity.

Grow a pair and speak up to the board to see if they get a dose of reality.