Fannie Mae Reviews

Reset

1. Underwriter Support

Former Employee - Underwriter Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Underwriter Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fannie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedules, seasoned employees, high attention to excellence.

Cons

Antiquated systems, high pressure, work environment is old

Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fannie Mae full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, and reasonable pay

Cons

no chance to move to other areas or learn a different job. Each area of the company works in their own area, no communications to other areas; even though what they might be doing impacts other areas.

3. REO Forclosure

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Fannie Mae

Pros

Work from home was great

Cons

Manager wasn't familiar with all the tasks

Good Benefits, flexible hours, limited upward mobility.

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros

Great Benefits, 401k matching up to 6% plus an extra 2% per month. The work environment is laid back, but it really depends on what department you are in as I have seen varying differences in flexible hours and work from home opportunities.

Cons

Not all departments work by the same rules. I have been here for 1.2 years and have yet to see one promotion within the group. Some folks I have talked to have been here over 5 years and never been promoted.

Advice to Management

Get all department on the same page. If you allow one group to work from home 2 days a week, then you should allow all departments to do the same. Also promote within the department, almost all open rec's have been filled internally but with people from outside the department.

worst management I have ever seen

Current Employee - CU Tester for An AVM That Used to BE Called Alpha in Addison, TX

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros

my co-workers were nice but they felt stuck there and afraid to leave due to the "beat down" by the managers.

Cons

no one in management knows how to manage, some were crazy/bi-polar, only got the position because they KNEW someone

Advice to Management

Management should save the company by resigning, they are taking the company down.

7. WIsh I never left

Former Employee - REO Closing Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - REO Closing Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fannie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Top pay and benefits of industry, work from home opportunity, extra jeans days, good bonus plan

Cons

Work/life balance didn't always happen, but pay made up for it. Managers do not really understand what their employees do. They are just hired because of management experience, not position experience.

Advice to Management

Learn more about what your employees do on a day to day basis.

I find it Bizarre that all the top reviews or most relevant reviews of Fannie Mae are from Current Employees in DC or VA

Former Employee - Review Appraiser in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Review Appraiser in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fannie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary was decent for a 37.5 work week, but mind you, You had to work over 50 hours to get your production numbers or you could be Gone

Cons

Upper Management, Management in Dallas was all hired based on friendship of NUC department Director. Getting ahead? No nothing there, you had to brown nose your way in to get a team lead position in NUC credit- appraisal department. Technology is so bad, you would have to call the sevens-support at least twice a week. Computers were old and running windows XP.

Advice to Management

Its Ironic that all the newest reviews are from DC that are supportive of YOU. Quit posting reviews from DC and from top Brass!. If your going to let people go, You better get your act together, like when escorting people out of the building, you better make sure that their former cubes are secured or locked, not left open to the devouring saved employees! who stole all my personal items! You talked about Diversity! Who cares! You were so worried about NPI, well all my stuff at home, went in the garage! I don't have secured garbage! DC management won't ever wake up, all they want to do is line their pockets with the green stuff, because you sure said NO Merit raises, after taking away our bonuses - VCP . Most valued housing partner? and you are moving to AVMS, WOW! That's so Ludacris, your minions in DC that came up with CU, only use adjustments that they believe are correct, it never mattered what we wrote in the comment areas in the review tool Ever look at the adjustment tab? OMG, that was a total joke. HR was never there for you, Princeton HR person, you would just run to Andy, when that was part of the problem and nothing ever got resolved. Fannie Mae ethics hotline? well that's a joke as well. and in the end you asked me if the person should be let go, hmmm you asked me this question in front of the other person, Now is that ethical or even fair to me? Fannie Mae or what ever you will be called when all the good people are let go, and you put your confidence in Adams AVM CU product, will just be a big bank with NO ETHICS.

It's A Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros

The company cares about the work/life ratio. Good benefits overall. No one breaths down your neck as long as you meet your metrics.

Cons

Poor lower level management - most are not good people managers

Advice to Management

Promotion should be based on merit not favoritism

Socialist Management

Current Employee - Underwriter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fannie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good. The company promotes volunteering in the local community. The company allows working from home subject to manager approval.

Cons

Employees are measured by comparison with their peers. Employee performance outside the average range of peers, whether positive or negative, is discouraged. Employees who make suggestions are considered malcontents. Employees that ask questions are considered incompetent. Fannie Mae is a Government Sponsored Entity that has a highly political culture without the government job benefits of job security and secure retirement.

11. Employee over 5 years; total over 6 years; started as contractor.

Current Employee - Reviewer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Reviewer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fannie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Happy with my manager who does not micro-manage. If we need time off for any reason, doctor appointments or personal reasons the manager allows it. Have learned allot and the work is challenging, helps me to be the best I can be at completing tasks and getting things done. No complaints about my co-workers or management - it has been a good experience working there. The only setback is not being allowed to work from home due to my position... whereas the lion's share of workers do work from home so it is very quiet in the office.

Cons

Politics; allot of egos to deal with, but if you can accept it for what it is just go with the flow and do your job that's the best way to deal with it; do not try to change it. The dept. grew from less than 20 folks to over 100 in the last five years; as it grew more people came along who were grandstanding to get ahead; if you can sit back and just watch it it is hilarious because there are no opportunities for advancement. There are chances to shine if given special projects but these are given to the manager's favorites. Despite the favoritism, I am happy with the company.

Advice to Management

Allow all workers to work from home, it would help with employee morale.

RSS Feed </> Embed