Fantastic Sams

CEO

A Fantastic Career

Current Employee - Salon Manager  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Fantastic Sams full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was with the company for 5 months when I received my promotion to salon management. FS gave me my start. Very supportive owners, and educators. There isn't much more you could ask for. 1 week paid vacation after a year, can make more by adding to your ticket.

Cons

The color line in our region takes some mastering, but it comes. clientele believes you are high end, but treats you like your Great Clips.

Don't take away your managers power. You put them there to do a job, as long as they are doing it, back them.

Worked with Fantastic Sams for Two Years

Former Employee - Salon Manager  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Fantastic Sams full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have clients walk in no matter what.

Cons

Unorganized and not consistent, Owner wanted everyone to do things for him even when we had clients in our chairs. Very rude, every customer I had when he was there complained about him.

Pay more attention to customers, employees, and shop.

Worst Hair chain to work for!!

Former Employee - Stylist  in  Florissant, MO
    Former Employee - Stylist in Florissant, MO

I worked at Fantastic Sams part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are no pros I have worked for all the hair chains out there in my 20 years as a stylist and they are the worst!!

Cons

This company is the worst hair chain to work for! They pay the lowest, offer very little in benefits and treat employees that have worked for them for years terribly! Example: closing one of there locations that had three employees that had worked there for 20 yrs and giving them less then two weeks notice with no compensation or job offers for any of the other locations! This is appalling!! these women have families and bills to pay but this greedy corporation doesn't seeem to care! So please boycott this company they do not deserve your business!!!

Appreciate your employees cause you have nothing without them! Also this is not McDonalds or gas station so pay your employees what they deserve they are spending thousands of dollars going to school to be licensed stylist and they barely make mininum wage its appalling! Even Great Clips pays better and gives holiday pay you guys need to get a clue!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Glad to be done

Former Employee - Receptionist
    Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at Fantastic Sams part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy work, good basic reception experience. Discounts on salon products. Decent snacks in break room.

Cons

Salon slave. No respect from stylists, weird sense of competition where they is none. Disrespect by management in front of clients. Weird coupon policies, vaguely explained, penalized for honoring coupons. Focus on money rather than customer experience. Challenging to get time off even weeks in advance.

Respect your employees, don't be so cheap.

good steady job

Current Employee - Stylist/Assistant Manager  in  Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Stylist/Assistant Manager in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Fantastic Sams full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There will always be clients to keep you busy. The regional office is very helpful and the classes the offer are great. It is pretty easy to get a job right out of school.

Cons

Scheduling has always been an issue being open 7 days a week. Normally there is no set schedule so it is hard to plan things.

More promotions should be available

Extremely unprofessional, and owners are terrible!

I have been working at Fantastic Sams

Pros

I can't even think of one.

Cons

Low pay. hired as full time employee and now working part time because owners don't want to pay us. Unprofessional staff. Filthy filthy salon. Cannot wait to leave.

Figure out better marketing strategies and hire new staff!!

Depends on your owner and manager!

Current Employee - Stylist
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Fantastic Sams full-time

Pros

Used to have some useful continuing education classes, co-workers and clients are wonderful-only reason I stay!

Cons

No benefits, commission only (my owner does not make up the difference if lower than minimum wage, or for coupons), management is not in hair industry, never order enough color products. It's very hard to get time off. Forced to go to all day classes on "front desk skills" because owner is too cheap to hire a receptionist. Again, we are paid commission only. Also, management makes us come in after hours to clean the salon, again, unpaid.

Salons need to be taken care of. Things like black mold and electrical fires should not be left uninspected for months. Managers who are also stylists can cover shifts, and understand the stylists' concerns and questions. Focus should be on the customer, not the money. Many people come to Fantastic Sams because they are looking for a deal. If you want to jack up the price of a cut and blow dry to $55, they won't give us a chance. Also, when you work on commission only, management should be impartial when suggesting stylists to new guests. Racism is a big problem with management as well.

Stylist

Current Employee - Hairstylist  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Hairstylist in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Fantastic Sams full-time for more than a year

Pros

High walkin in volume, very easy place to establish yourself.

Cons

Low prices, low pay checks, low tips.

Allow staff to leave when it's slow so they don't get jaded.

Owner Operator

Former Employee - Owner  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Owner in Denver, CO

I worked at Fantastic Sams full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is a great way to learn a business. Hair care is a tough but rewarding business.

Cons

You own a franchise, this is not the same as being an entrepreneur, you pay fee's and are responsible to follow a program. You are responsible for your losses, the franchise gets credit for your success.

Always be sure your fee's are commensurate with your service. Tie fee's to success.

I have been with company for 6yrs

Current Employee - Hairstylist  in  Tyngsboro, MA
    Current Employee - Hairstylist in Tyngsboro, MA

I have been working at Fantastic Sams part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love doing hair and the people are so nice

Cons

I dont have a set scedual

Worked for Fantastic Sams? Contribute to the Community!