Fantasy Springs Resort Casino

Paul Ryan

One of the best Casino in the Desert

Former Employee - Bartender in Indio, CA
    Former Employee - Bartender in Indio, CA

I worked at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a bartender for this casino, and I have tended to celebrities. It takes care of its employees and customers..

Cons

The only con is that the casino is a little too small but the hotel is awesome. The concerts are one of the best in the desert.

Advice to Management

I would expand the casino gaming floor to welcome all sorts of gaming and all sorts of gambler because when I was there it seems like they market mostly machine gamblers

2. Marketing Coordinator

Current Employee - Marketing in Indio, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Indio, CA

Pros

Great work experience! Great management team!

Cons

No cons everyone treats you well!

I enjoy my time here

I have been working at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers. Perks. Upper management is great. Lots of employee appreciation events.

Cons

Stagnation. Bad food in the EDR. Review system does not take in to account accomplishments ie. increased revenue and savings.

5. Okay, nothing really sent me or made the experience special.

Pros

A variety of jobs and positions to work in or for. A large selection.

Cons

They have a non-rehireable policy, from when I worked there prior (1995).Employees should wear their uniforms more professionally.

Advice to Management

Police your staff better. Support and enforce, no bunching on the work floor. Show that you take pride in your work, sloppy management in the restaurant.

6. Fun company lotsa friendly employees

Former Employee - Corporal Publuc Safety in Indio, CA
    Former Employee - Corporal Publuc Safety in Indio, CA

I worked at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good insurance friendly atmosphere, xtra hours too

Cons

People drink too much sometimes, but a challenge dealing with them

Advice to Management

Be fair and Nit be one-sided

7. Eh...It's Just A Job.

I have been working at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino part-time

Pros

Flexible hours - Just tell them during the interview and they will try to work with you. Awesome coworkers - It's a casino, so you gotta have tough skin to work there, especially with all the girls that work there. But for the most part, the employees will tell you that their coworkers are probably their favorite thing about working there. Variety - There are different bars throughout the casino, which is nice. Personally, I don't like to stay stagnant. Special Events - From concerts, to private parties, to fund raisers. Most are fun, some are a dud. But Banquet events (private parties, fund raisers, etc) pay $14/hr plus tips!

Cons

Inconsistent hours - when management is "moody," you will be poorly scheduled. Inconsistent management. "Divas" you have to work with. Smoking environment. Long hours, sometimes without a break. Overtime is only paid if you've exceeded 40 hours/week. Pays less than minimum wage. You're just a body there. I've been told by the director of F&B that his department is just there as a "bonus." And that F&B makes less than a fraction of Gaming so we're not that important. The VP even said that as long as we're serving at least 2 drinks per hour, that's paying our hourly rate and that's all that matters. Despite these cons, I've been able to make a living, working here.

RSS Feed </> Embed