Far East National Bank

Add Photos

Frederick Copeland

It was a good place to learn BSA/AML over the past 5 years

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThere were a considerable amount of cases and situations for learning.

ConsThere were no opportunities for advancement

Analyst

Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLearning opportunity. If you like to get into banking industry (low growth/shrinking)

ConsLow level technology. Below average pay/benefits. Penny wise (pound foolish).

The Bank has no concept of employee morale.

Underwriter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThere are no pros for working for FENB.

Cons- Employees are treated like sweatshop workers with inhuman workload and pressure.
    - Managers have no people skills and are ill-mannered with everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementOperate the company like it is in the United State and not in Taiwan.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe office environment is great and management makes everyone feel they can contribute, and fair, merit based promotion.

ConsHigh stress and long hours, some weekends may be required. Not for people looking for their next paycheck - you will not survive with this mindset.

Recruiters Beware: This bank will find any accuses not to pay recruiters commission.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey're good at sales...Like an used car salesman

ConsPromise everything but delivers nothing to recruiters

Advice to Senior ManagementPay up as promised.

Asset Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAs with any other company, I met some great people at Far East National Bank that benefited my career path as well as some great personal friends. In doing so, I was able to jump start my career in banking.

ConsWhen I was there, Senior Management definitely needed to get a better feel for how their actions affected the morale and effectiveness of their employees. I believe senior management at the time should have ruled less with an iron fist and more with an open mind.

Very much like working in a foreign country

ProsIt's a job. You can learn a lot in a short time. The pay is okay although there are no raises or bonuses as this time. But note medical is not competitive with other banks.

ConsSink or Swim environment with very little coaching or team work and co-workers are me-oriented with very little sharing of information. Sr. Management provides little direction/communication and the reporting lines are in a state of disarray. The bank has a history of putting people into higher positions they are not qualified for based on favoritism. So there are junior people getting on the job training in Sr. positions. Not a place to build a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some management training and do some strategic planning.

Opportunites in a dynamic industry but there are some challenges

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosopportunities to advance based on ability, business oriented, dynamic, fast paced, go as far as you want, not stodgy, young minded.

Consforeign owned, not a uniform effort among all employees, benefits are on the low end of the scale, not a lot of focused direction, reactionary management, planning is not a high priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommit to a strategy and be less reactionary, emphasize rewarding the best people and fighting beauracracy.

Worked for Far East National Bank? Contribute to the Community!