Farm Credit Mid-America

Be The First To
Add Photos

Farm Credit Mid-America CEO Bill Johnson

Bill Johnson

Great company, cares about their customers and employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were very good. Was regularly acknowledged by supervisor for good performance. Lots of training. People are nice and very helpful.

ConsFlat organization. Not much room for advancement. A lot of change.

A company that goes far beyond the bottom line.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGenerous base compensation, excellent variable compensation opportunities, endless opportunities for career advancement, education reimbursement, wonderful insurance options, values innovation and change.

ConsDue to a strong core belief in innovation and change, there is shortage of consistency in process (great results take good time). Great if you love change, challenging if that makes you uncomfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to truly evaluate tenured staff--while wisdom may come with time, 25 years with a company doesn't automatically create a proper supervisor or contributor to initiatives.

Extremely grateful to belong to such an amazing organization.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsWe really are one big family. Being a cooperative keeps us rooted in our values and allows for a healthy work/life balance. There are numerous opportunities for personal and professional developement that each person really can drive the bus on their future; you aren't limited by anything other than your own drive.

ConsAs with any company, there are always stresses and annoying coworkers. But FCMA has an uncanny ability to turn even the worst of days into the best learning opportunities. I really have nothing negative to say about my current employer...

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we continue to restructure and develop leadership roles and responsibilities, focus less on titles and more on job description. Be sure what we are asking of leaders is consistent with expectations across all regions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting time of growth, changes, opportunities, and pressure

ProsNew CEO is providing more resources, leading a strong focus on our customers' experience, improving technology, and listening to field employees. Continuous improvement initiatives are making things better for customers and employees. We are growing and hiring.

ConsBusiness growth, retirements, and hiring are putting lots of pressure on all employees to work longer, and coach and train newbies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to employees and hold leaders/coaches accountable for really coaching.

Great company to work for despite a few minor complaints.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsGreat lender with a solid reputation (among most farmers). Very supportive management in some areas. They will give you the tools to succeed.

ConsOther managers have no business managing other people. Sales goals are a little lofty in regard to territory size.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your farmers/members. When a region has a mass exodus of employees, there is usually a common denominator that caused it.

I lucked out on this job!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Overall, a great place to work.

ConsWith constant changes in procedures, it is hard to stay in compliance sometimes. Also, lack of hands-on management sometimes leads to employees not pulling their own weight.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved in what is "really" occuring in the offices. Becuase upper management is not in the offices on a normal basis, they do not have a true understanding of what is going on.... they rely on the numbers too much.

Truthful

Management (Current Employee) Lexington, KY

ProsOrganization is growing. Greater level of flexibility in meeting with clients in the field.

ConsThere is a lack of direction in the organization. Booking new loans is ahead in priority compared to loan quality. Short staffed to do the work that has to be done. This creates a higher than normal level of stress amongst rank and file team members. The organization is very flat in terms of mgmt. This creates little opportunity for advancement. This also creates a great level of stress at the regional management level as each region vp directly supervises around 35 team members in 5 different locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementReflect on what made Mid America a great organization. Mid America is a different organization then what I joined many years ago. People are stretched to thin but are afraid to communicate this to the highest level.

Worked for Farm Credit Mid-America? Contribute to the Community!