Farm Family Casualty

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Timothy A. Walsh

Great managers and amazing CEO!

Intern (Former Employee)
    Glenmont, NY

ProsFriendly co-workers and managers, CEO knows most employees by name and makes it a point to say "hello", Great wellness program and encourage walks around the outside of the building as well as inside

ConsPay was not great, cubicle atmosphere

Very disappointing

ProsThe employees are great, but that is the only good thing I can say about "the farm"

ConsTerrible pay - I have never worked so hard for so little
    In return. I have a friend who works at another firm, doing the same
    job earning more regularly than I do at time
    And a half.

Terrible systems - expect to come to work and not have a functional system until 11am on some occasions. Most days the systems are operating fine, but on days they aren't...
    You will be getting new assignments while sitting idle at your desk unable to do anything about it.. Very frustrating.

Anyone with talent leaves to work for better, more respectable firms.

No growth opportunity unless it is within your own department

You will not feel valued as an employee at all..

underwriting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat benefits, relaxed environment, lots of paid time off.

ConsTraining is terrible. Very high turnover rate. Salary is well below average. I agree with the other reviews, I have never worked so hard for a company for such little or no return.

Advice to Senior Managementlook into fixing the salary structure. The company needs talent to succeed-- Money buys talent. All the talent is leaving to go to other companies. Most new employees learn quick that succeeding and making a livable salary is not possible here and leave the company. Be more competitive, create incentives/rewards to keep the good employees around. There are a hand full of people there who actually bust their butts for no return or recognition. This creates a very frustrating work environment.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Agent

Agent (Current Employee)
    Littleton, NH

ProsField Staff are great to work with. Make your own schedule. Earn more the harder you work.

ConsThey do not have a good training program. There new agent pay structure is not available anymore. You are a contractor with no bennys

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a better training program.

Frustrating

ProsPeople are very friendly and nice and no one ever seems to get fired for anything

ConsNo one ever gets fired, especially the people who deserve it like people who call in at least once a week even though they don't have any time off and the managers just push the workload off on those of us who do come to work everyday

Friendly company, respectful and educated line management. Awful pay for employees promoted from within.

Claims (Current Employee)

ProsGreat health benefits. Good time off allowed. No issues with short notice time off. Family friendly. Set schedule monday through friday 8:30 - 4:30.
    Company keeps all employees informed about status of profit and future goals, etc.

ConsIf you are hired from another company, expect to be given fair compensation and all the other benefits that this company provides. Pay for employees that started their career with Farm Family is awful. Entry level positions at similar companies are higher paying than mid-level positions at this company. Raises are few and far between, and are limited when they are provided. Promotion potential is limited to your department. Transferring between departments is stated to be easy and allowed. The middle management limits this ability as they are unwilling to allow anyone with potential to move as you are an asset to their department and they can stop your mobility with a word.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Pay. Treat "home grown" employees with half as much interest as those hired from outside and this company will have no limit to its possibilities of success.

Worked for Farm Family Casualty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farm Family Casualty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Farm Family Casualty CEO Timothy A. Walsh. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Farm Family Casualty employees.