Farm Fresh

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gaelo de la Fuente

good place to work for it's time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswhen the company was in Raleigh it was a good place

Conscompany changed hands too many times

I sincerely loved this job.

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

ProsThey're starting salary wasn't minimum wage.

ConsI had to stand on my feet for eight hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better rugs for your employees to stand on...the floors are extra hard.

Good starter/part time job, horrible full time job.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

ProsHelps anyone get a better feel for customer service in any kind of business.

ConsWork long hours, little pay. Management works their 40 hours, and depending on the manager they will either clock out and work off the clock or clock out and not care what happens with the store. Store managers sit in the office for at least 8 hours of the 10 they put in a day and watch Facebook for comments and complaints about their store. Customer interaction from managers is slim to none unless they make a complaint on Facebook. The lack of assistants shows, if the front end has lines, deli has lines, or any other department has more than their fair share of customers waiting for service, the salary managers just look and walk away, but complain if someone who actually works hard to help out and give great customer service gets overtime. They do not promote from within, the last year years, they have been getting rid of employees who have been there for a decade or more and bringing in new people from other companies that do not help the face of the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people to work with.

ProsInteraction with people, Get to meet and network with a variety of different people

ConsAdvancement seems average, Not as fast as it could be seems like the right place at the right time kind of situation.
    Communication at some stores was not that great. Have to be willing to deal with peoples mannerisms and attitudes on a daily.

Great opportunities for those who work hard

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is very concerned with customer service and understand its importance to succeed; Flexible schedules; Competitive pay; Paid weekly; Company discount; Promote from within often; Aware of a need for store cleanliness; Provides product that is fresh and easy to sell; Weekly ads are very competitive and well-priced

ConsAs with most places it can be difficult to work with other employees who lack the drive and enthusiasm it takes to succeed in a customer service driven industry and sometimes it would be best to weed through and dismiss those types of employees even if they have many years of service

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure strong management who can show they care about customers, employees and results without sacrificing any one of those for another.

Employees are seen as disposable at best.

Bookkeeper (Former Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

ProsThe benefits aren't bad...medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.

ConsVery divided work environment. Upper management ("Home Office") is very patronizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGolden rule...

Great customer service. Loved working for them. This company was so customer service driven it changed who I am in the w

Pricing (Former Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

ProsGood pay great coworkers good goals

ConsLike any company you have some out for others but still loved it and miss it.

Typical grocery story. Great place to work in high school.

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

ProsGood environment with great employees.

ConsNot a lot of room for working up the chain, but it is a grocery store after all.

Good Place to gain experience.

Assistant Diary Manager (Current Employee)
    Elizabeth City, NC

ProsFlexible schedule and several opportunities to gain hours if your willing to learn how to work the various departments.

ConsJust standard grievances that one should expect to deal with when in any service industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that your providing ample detail and being as concise as can be when providing the store director with information for store cleaning ext..

Farm Fresh was a good company at one point in time..

Tidewater, VA

ProsGreat Product, great employees, decent pay, and good vacation time.

ConsStressful. Management has forgotten what we are in business for, to serve the customers and sell sell sell! There is always pressure to get the work done in as little time as possible, or else you will be written up. They don't give enough hours for tasks at hand, they are more focused on cleaning with what little time we have. They expect all stores to sell the same thing, then come in wondering why shrink is high. It feels like everyday, as a hardworking employee, that I will get fired over something silly when I come in to work. They can't keep a president when they get a new one everything changes(which seems to be happening at least once a year).

Advice to Senior ManagementStay Consistent, stay Hyperlocal, a store off Princess Anne road will not sell the same product a store in Franklin with sell. Treat your employees well with respect, if your employees are Happy, you will produce a higher quality experience and product, because companies are nothing without their employees.

Worked for Farm Fresh? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farm Fresh reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Farm Fresh CEO Gaelo de la Fuente. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by Farm Fresh employees.