Farmer Bros.

Farmer Bros. CEO Michael H. Keown

Michael H. Keown

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Northlake, IL

ProsHad a really great experience at Farmer Bros. Great people to work with.

ConsI don't think I can say anything negative with my experience at Farmer Bros.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat work upper management.

Not the best place I have worked

ProsPay is pretty good but expectations are ridiculous. Good discount on coffee and other products.

ConsNo room for growth, upper management is constantly turning and lower level managers are horrible. Benefits are terrible for the amount we pay. Very questionable pay practices of not paying overtime to sales force because they are considered "outside sales" even though they are delivery drivers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers that actually know something about management not just sales

The pay was good, and the vacation time, and there's a reason for it!

Refurb (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsYou accrue vacation time as soon as you are hired on. You don't have to deal with anyone with any hr knowledge (all in California), free coffee at break time, and sometimes an upper will being donuts.

ConsNo one at the okc branch knows what to do with temps. When you work you don't know who is really your boss because you may have 3, mind you 1 may actually know what your job entails. A lot of time wasted on meetings about time, potluck, and being friends with coworkers. Not enough time addressing problems when they arise like stealing, sexual harassment and bullying.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet someone on there to represent HR onsite, retrain the current production manager, on second thought retrain all managers.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rough and not much support from management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible working schedule. Company is on a better track to success

ConsLack of support from management. Goals of Company were constantly changing, making it difficult to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and support employees

Old school, management treats workers like crap.

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay & benefits, weekends off,

ConsLittle room to advance, LONG hours and hard work.No support from peers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your employees, be proactive and not blaming workers for all problems.

Decent money but too much work for it

Route Salesman (Former Employee) Waco, TX

Prosits like running your own business
    the pay is good for being in Texas
    Medical benefits and 401k are good

Conshard work
    alot of work
    frustrating having to wear a shirt and tie while driving a delivery truck and unloading cases at every stop.
    old fashioned company with senior staff that needs to retire

Advice to Senior Managementget a young CEO and roll into the present time.

Too many changes in the wrong direction.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsNot much debt. I guess that's good.
    Still small enough that it's not a large beauracracy filled with red tape. Since Sara Lee acquisition it's had a huge decline in the marketplace.

ConsPoor communication from senior management. Sara Lee acquisition has introduced weak managers from Sara Lee that have hurt Farmer Brother's reputation in the industry. Now losing customers due to poor operational support, out of stocks, pricing problems, etc. Executive managers out of touch with problems in the field due to minimization by ex-Sara Lee managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and see the damage being done to Farmer Brother's customer base. Improve communications to your employees and recognize the poor management and direction coming from the ex-Sara Lee employees.

Needs improvement

Lab Technician (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsIt provides for a stable job.

ConsNo room for growth or advancement, dead end job. Currently the company is transitioning into a corporation which will hopefully change the atmosphere of this company. A lot of changes are currently underway.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed vast communication skills and teamwork mind set, which is definitely lacking

Worked for Farmer Bros.? Contribute to the Community!