Farmers Automobile Insurance
www.farmers.com Pekin, IL 500 to 999 Employees

Farmers Automobile Insurance Reviews

Updated Mar 7, 2014
Farmers Automobile Insurance – US – “the ocean of cubes”

Farmers Automobile Insurance CEO Jeffrey Dailey

Jeffrey Dailey

History of Service and Repair

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Prosprofessional committed and @ your side while not in your way.

ConsAlways good and bad, the bad, big comapny, tries to be all things to all people, which sometimes makes it difficult to stay ahead of the game

Advice to Senior Managementwe know the quota system exists, and success take effort, work and skills, but pressing from above can produce negative results

Senior Service Advocate

Insurance (Former Employee)
Olathe, KS

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits and retirement plan. The company also offers short term incentive plan which can boost your salary significantly.

ConsThis is the MOST micro managed environment that I have ever been a part of they actually followed me to the bathroom!

Salaried & state level employees need work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Farmers Automobile Insurance

ProsDepending on the position, agent csr's is an awesome position. Sometimes underwriting is helpful. Some state reps work really well with the agents,

ConsWhen you have a District manager or a state sales manager that doesn't know the value of their agents, it's frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't use so much personal thought when it comes down to business. Take a look at density & retention.

I enjoyed the time I spent working for the company.

Licensed Insurance Producer Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance

ProsHelping people cover their vunerabilities.

ConsCommission based sales makes it hard to make time for a personal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter compensation and opportunity to advance.

workaholics / OCD "obsessive compulsive disorder"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance

Prosif you don't want your job "off shored" like the other companies I have worked, this is the place to work. they have "great" benefits

ConsThey have great benefits "IF" you can survive there. if you don't have a bachelors degree, look somewhere else. they are degree heavy and that is a rite of passage just to get hired.

Advice to Senior Managementwhen you can do the job you are asking them to do, then we'll talk .....

Did not communicate desires and wants of position

Bodily Injury Claims Representative (Former Employee)
Lake Mary, FL

ProsGood pay
Great coworkers
Desire for growth

ConsNo communication
Misled with what they wanted out of the position
Training was too long
Not enough resources to do the job intended

A sinking ship

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance

ProsFarmers has a core group of people who have been in the trenches together and who trust each other. So anyone can find a group of people to lean on

ConsUpper management comes up with some great performance metrics that they realistically cannot measure or create an odd way of measuring. This is very frustrating to the people doing the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to get back to treating the lowers with respsect. Soembody with a college degree should not have to ask to use the restroom.

Under Paid, Under Appreciated

Claim Estimator (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance

ProsStable company that is growing, several activities through the year to attempt to keep morale up in the building.

ConsManagement sees people as numbers, not people. Very secretive management, not willing to be very open about the most unnecessary things. Management that targeted people they didn't like, I verified this with several people once I left the company. Internal job postings were posted just as a formality where management didn't give all the applicants a fair chance, this was admitted by management on several occasions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease see the people like what they are, people wanting to make a living and be respected as employees. Don't be so secretive about trivial things, such as the office moving, and you wouldn't have employees that are constantly questioning announcements or decisions.

I didn't think it was possible to be so disgusted by management

Claims Representative (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Farmers Automobile Insurance

ProsYou can work at home as long as you are meeting your numbers, company car (although that is going away), cell phone, lap top computer, pay for performance

ConsManagers that tell you point blank "no one will leave because the economy is so bad they wont be ale to find a job,' people quit and are never replaced, lame explanations for why the department is not hiring, 12-14 hours of work a day + weekends, management's poor communication skills, too many POINTLESS meetings including meetings about why there are meetings, a completely subjective auditing system that is consistently inconsistent, and last but not least your yearly review will include your "behavior" in the office. This is especially important because they do not average out metrics and your whole review can only be as high as your lowest metric rating. If you are meeting all numbers and your behavior is "not meeting," your yearly rating is "not meeting."
Good luck. If you get offered a job in Colorado or Wyoming run as fast as you can.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry acting like you care about your employees.

OK place to work

Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee)
Independence, OH

I have been working at Farmers Automobile Insurance

ProsIt pays OK for the area, they are flexible on schedule, flex time is available if needed on an occassional basis.

ConsIt seems that it is not how good a job you do, it''s really "who" you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the people who take advantage of the system, and look at the time they are actually working.

Worked for Farmers Automobile Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Automobile Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Farmers Automobile Insurance CEO Jeffrey Dailey. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Automobile Insurance employees.