Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Reviews in Olathe, KS

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey

Jeff Dailey

Pros
  • Farmers goes out of it's way to help give a good work-life balance (in 33 reviews)

• Depending on which way the wind would blow, you could possibly work from home (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved upon - we are expected to work while on PTO (in 26 reviews)

• Upper management in this company is like a game of musical chairs (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights
54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This is Why I Went to College

Liability Adjuster (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsGreat office culture - everyone seems pretty enthusiastic about work and friendly
    Good work/life balance - flexible hours, so you kind of control your own schedule; no weekends required!
    Training - Very thorough training program; it's a lot of information, but they do their best to make it digestable

ConsStressful nature of work - spending all day talking to people who've just had losses (auto, home, etc) can be taxing
    Work is never done - you constantly have new work you have to do (accidents happen), so you're never really "done"

Agent

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsThe benefits were good and the training was good. Company allows you time to join and go to self development groups. Such as Toastmasters.

ConsTechnology was very old dated for such a large company. It had DOS terminals for some programs and different programs did not interface with each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say to update technology as soon as possible. I would think you would like to lead the field instead of playing catch up.

Challenging work, friendly work environment, great place to be at this time in my career,

Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsThe work environment is helpful, friendly. The Company benefits are outstanding. There is always a helpful hand if you need a question answered.

ConsThe work load is sometimes very challenging at the start of training. The Company is large and kind of hard to get to know your co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been blessed to have a great management team. They are very helpful and full of enthuasiasm for majority of the work week.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just a Few Weeks Out of Training

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsVery intentional comapany in regards to supporting and giving back to their employees
    Really great benefits sans healthcare (just par), laid back culture
    Management is very friendly and willing to answer questions and help out when they can
    Flex hours during the week, overtime can be requested but so far has not been required

ConsVery steep learning curve
    Workload is overwhelming out of the gate until you get used to it (I'm still waiting for that piece)

It has been a pleasure having the opportunity to help those who have suffered a loss.

CSA (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsI enjoy working at Farmers Insurance because people are calling at a time of need and I have the ability to help them with the training I have received. I feel confident in the answers I give the callers and I enjoy being able to give the caller confidence that Farmers is there for them.

ConsInformation is always changing and it can be hard to keep up with all of the changes sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise spending more time in training for new hires going over status calls in CSI and more thoroughly explaining Heart.

It's been a great experience!!

Claims Representative (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsSo many benifits here, health, dental, vision, etc!!! i came from a place where the owner was the only one who reaped benifits!! I LOVE FARMERS!!

ConsThe attendance policy is very strict and is not exactly family friendly when it comes to busy family lives, if there is "no time available" the you cant go see your child at practice or conferences, etc. the points system is too hard to follow

Advice to Senior Managementhome life is just as important to your employees as work is to you, there should be more leniance when it comes to family/emergencies/etc. and points should not be a factor in this, that makes it hard to enjoy work whenever I am working and no calls are coming in and my family is making memories without me

No rewards for good work.

Office Claims Representative (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsI really enjoyed working with peers that were at the same level as me. All low level employees were top notch.

ConsI had amazing results and received not compensation for performing top in my department. They say they have raises and profit sharing, this was not the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your good employees, or they will find a better employer.

Senior Claims Representative

Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsI was able to make a decent salary and take tests to boost my salary.

ConsI thought the management was bad, and the job was tedious.

The pay was decent, but work like balance was horrible.

Consumer Solutions Advocate (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsThe pay is fairly descent

ConsWork life balance difficult; empty promises by managers; no room for promotions; technical issues every week;

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease your compensations; listen to your employees who talk to the customers;

Great Company to work for

Total Loss Specialist (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsExpectations are clear
    Training is good
    Pay for entry level positions is good.
    Benefits are fantastic - 401k matching, insurance, etc.
    The environment is performance driven.
    Great Management (at least in my department).

ConsThe environment is performance driven this is only a con if you can't work under time pressure and produce quality work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your employees.

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!