Farmers Insurance Group

Updated August 9, 2014

3.3

Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey
Jeff Dailey

Pros
  • Farmers goes out of it's way to help give a good work-life balance (in 33 reviews)

• Depending on which way the wind would blow, you could possibly work from home (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved upon - we are expected to work while on PTO (in 26 reviews)

• Upper management in this company is like a game of musical chairs (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

56 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Place to Get Your Foot In the Door

Current Employee - Property Claims Adjuster  in  Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Property Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS

Pros

Farmers is known for having a top-rated training program. All the supervisors that I have encountered have been encouraging and helpful where my own career development is concerned.

Cons

Management level above supervisors are a bit disconnected from day to day functions. They can seem detached and inaccessible at times. In some departments, the work load seems intentionally overwhelming. As of late, opportunities to advance have dried up. Several qualified applicants within the company are stuck in their current positions with few opportunities for growth.

It might be helpful to address that lack of supervisory positions. It seems that most supervisor positions are only available to those who are currently supervisors wishing to make a lateral move.

Agent

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Olathe, KS

Pros

The benefits were good and the training was good. Company allows you time to join and go to self development groups. Such as Toastmasters.

Cons

Technology was very old dated for such a large company. It had DOS terminals for some programs and different programs did not interface with each other.

I would say to update technology as soon as possible. I would think you would like to lead the field instead of playing catch up.

Challenging work, friendly work environment, great place to be at this time in my career,

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk II  in  Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk II in Olathe, KS

Pros

The work environment is helpful, friendly. The Company benefits are outstanding. There is always a helpful hand if you need a question answered.

Cons

The work load is sometimes very challenging at the start of training. The Company is large and kind of hard to get to know your co-workers.

I have been blessed to have a great management team. They are very helpful and full of enthuasiasm for majority of the work week.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just a Few Weeks Out of Training

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS

Pros

Very intentional comapany in regards to supporting and giving back to their employees
    Really great benefits sans healthcare (just par), laid back culture
    Management is very friendly and willing to answer questions and help out when they can
    Flex hours during the week, overtime can be requested but so far has not been required

Cons

Very steep learning curve
    Workload is overwhelming out of the gate until you get used to it (I'm still waiting for that piece)

It has been a pleasure having the opportunity to help those who have suffered a loss.

Current Employee - CSA  in  Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - CSA in Olathe, KS

Pros

I enjoy working at Farmers Insurance because people are calling at a time of need and I have the ability to help them with the training I have received. I feel confident in the answers I give the callers and I enjoy being able to give the caller confidence that Farmers is there for them.

Cons

Information is always changing and it can be hard to keep up with all of the changes sometimes.

I would advise spending more time in training for new hires going over status calls in CSI and more thoroughly explaining Heart.

It's been a great experience!!

Current Employee - Claims Representative  in  Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Olathe, KS

Pros

So many benifits here, health, dental, vision, etc!!! i came from a place where the owner was the only one who reaped benifits!! I LOVE FARMERS!!

Cons

The attendance policy is very strict and is not exactly family friendly when it comes to busy family lives, if there is "no time available" the you cant go see your child at practice or conferences, etc. the points system is too hard to follow

home life is just as important to your employees as work is to you, there should be more leniance when it comes to family/emergencies/etc. and points should not be a factor in this, that makes it hard to enjoy work whenever I am working and no calls are coming in and my family is making memories without me

No rewards for good work.

Former Employee - Office Claims Representative  in  Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Office Claims Representative in Olathe, KS

Pros

I really enjoyed working with peers that were at the same level as me. All low level employees were top notch.

Cons

I had amazing results and received not compensation for performing top in my department. They say they have raises and profit sharing, this was not the case.

Reward your good employees, or they will find a better employer.

Senior Claims Representative

Former Employee - Senior Claims Representative  in  Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Representative in Olathe, KS

Pros

I was able to make a decent salary and take tests to boost my salary.

Cons

I thought the management was bad, and the job was tedious.

This is Why I Went to College

Current Employee - Liability Adjuster  in  Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Liability Adjuster in Olathe, KS

Pros

Great office culture - everyone seems pretty enthusiastic about work and friendly
    Good work/life balance - flexible hours, so you kind of control your own schedule; no weekends required!
    Training - Very thorough training program; it's a lot of information, but they do their best to make it digestable

Cons

Stressful nature of work - spending all day talking to people who've just had losses (auto, home, etc) can be taxing
    Work is never done - you constantly have new work you have to do (accidents happen), so you're never really "done"

The pay was decent, but work like balance was horrible.

Former Employee - Consumer Solutions Advocate  in  Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Consumer Solutions Advocate in Olathe, KS

Pros

The pay is fairly descent

Cons

Work life balance difficult; empty promises by managers; no room for promotions; technical issues every week;

Increase your compensations; listen to your employees who talk to the customers;

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!