Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey

Jeff Dailey

52 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This is Why I Went to College

Liability Adjuster (Current Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsGreat office culture - everyone seems pretty enthusiastic about work and friendly
    Good work/life balance - flexible hours, so you kind of control your own schedule; no weekends required!
    Training - Very thorough training program; it's a lot of information, but they do their best to make it digestable

ConsStressful nature of work - spending all day talking to people who've just had losses (auto, home, etc) can be taxing
    Work is never done - you constantly have new work you have to do (accidents happen), so you're never really "done"

Challenging work, friendly work environment, great place to be at this time in my career,

Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsThe work environment is helpful, friendly. The Company benefits are outstanding. There is always a helpful hand if you need a question answered.

ConsThe work load is sometimes very challenging at the start of training. The Company is large and kind of hard to get to know your co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been blessed to have a great management team. They are very helpful and full of enthuasiasm for majority of the work week.

Just a Few Weeks Out of Training

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsVery intentional comapany in regards to supporting and giving back to their employees
    Really great benefits sans healthcare (just par), laid back culture
    Management is very friendly and willing to answer questions and help out when they can
    Flex hours during the week, overtime can be requested but so far has not been required

ConsVery steep learning curve
    Workload is overwhelming out of the gate until you get used to it (I'm still waiting for that piece)

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has been a pleasure having the opportunity to help those who have suffered a loss.

CSA (Current Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsI enjoy working at Farmers Insurance because people are calling at a time of need and I have the ability to help them with the training I have received. I feel confident in the answers I give the callers and I enjoy being able to give the caller confidence that Farmers is there for them.

ConsInformation is always changing and it can be hard to keep up with all of the changes sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise spending more time in training for new hires going over status calls in CSI and more thoroughly explaining Heart.

It's been a great experience!!

Claims Representative (Current Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsSo many benifits here, health, dental, vision, etc!!! i came from a place where the owner was the only one who reaped benifits!! I LOVE FARMERS!!

ConsThe attendance policy is very strict and is not exactly family friendly when it comes to busy family lives, if there is "no time available" the you cant go see your child at practice or conferences, etc. the points system is too hard to follow

Advice to Senior Managementhome life is just as important to your employees as work is to you, there should be more leniance when it comes to family/emergencies/etc. and points should not be a factor in this, that makes it hard to enjoy work whenever I am working and no calls are coming in and my family is making memories without me

Senior Claims Representative

Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsI was able to make a decent salary and take tests to boost my salary.

ConsI thought the management was bad, and the job was tedious.

The pay was decent, but work like balance was horrible.

Consumer Solutions Advocate (Former Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsThe pay is fairly descent

ConsWork life balance difficult; empty promises by managers; no room for promotions; technical issues every week;

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease your compensations; listen to your employees who talk to the customers;

Great Benefits / Unfortunate Management

Office Claims Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThis company has excellent benefits and matches their 401K at 6%

ConsThey perpetuate a notion of transparency, which does not exist. Managers get promoted into positions they are not equipped to handle. You will be told you can move wherever you want in the company, but it's really a popularity contest without regard of merit. The turnover rate is extremely high here and you'll never hear what you've done right, but only how you did not complete one task when in reality you're doing the work of three persons.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not promote individuals into Manager roles just because they've been with the company for X amount of years as this has wreaked havoc on your business and retention. Create a better system for certification as it's not based on merit, but is 100% subjective.

Great Company to work for

Total Loss Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsExpectations are clear
    Training is good
    Pay for entry level positions is good.
    Benefits are fantastic - 401k matching, insurance, etc.
    The environment is performance driven.
    Great Management (at least in my department).

ConsThe environment is performance driven this is only a con if you can't work under time pressure and produce quality work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your employees.

Great company to work for

National Training Manager (Current Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsStrong culture based on values and guiding principles that reinforce a customer centric organization. Career options are within your control, lots of opportunities for growth and life long career. University of Farmers is a world class corporate university focused on building your career from your first day of work until you retire.

ConsSome promotional opportunities are too tied to relocation, which can be distributive to personal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on strength of our culture

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Farmers Insurance Group Videos

Farmers Insurance Group – Why Work for Us?

Farmers Insurance Group is a leading insurer group, providing insurance for automobiles, homes, small businesses and specialty products, and a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. Farmers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Insurance Group reviews and ratings in Olathe, KS — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey. All 52 reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Insurance Group employees.