Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey

Jeff Dailey

Pros
  • Farmers goes out of it's way to help give a good work-life balance(in 33 reviews)

• Depending on which way the wind would blow, you could possibly work from home(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved upon - we are expected to work while on PTO(in 26 reviews)

• Upper management in this company is like a game of musical chairs(in 29 reviews)

Marketing Internship

Marketing Intern (Current Employee) Park Ridge, IL

ProsRelatively small office with glass doors, really friendly staff to work with.

ConsAutocratic manager, no meetings to go over improving efficiency or reduce paper clutter.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave at least weekly meetings about improving our daily operations

Customer Service for Insurance Agent handling service, quotes, billing, retention and phones.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt's a small office, so flexibility is great if I need time off or to leave early. I can dabble in all lines of business, so it's great for getting experience and training. There is lots of training from the company online and with webinars. The district has training on products, sales and marketing. I'm able to handle all aspects of the customer experience.

ConsThe pay is very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview status of position with employee at least every 3 months to make sure goals and expectations are set and also accomplished. That way both the employee and employer have a chance to go over questions or concerns. This is a great time to go over salary expectations, workload, and career advancement.

awesome!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible hours was good since i was going to school at the time. people were very nice and helpful when i needed it.

Conswas told i would get training and never did. pay was also very low but enough for me as a student.

Advice to Senior Managementtrain employess at the start of career, not the end.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Typical average corporate job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility is beyond generous. If you are a parent this is the best flexible job. Also the benefits are pretty good. Bonuses are good.

ConsConstant change, constant phone calls, irate customers, and worse of all management is awful. The blind leading the blind. Not a lot of room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the talent because good workers are hard to find.

Positive,

Risk Management Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood pay. Positive atmosphere. Stability.

ConsNone really except for normal big company environment, you either like it or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Doing their job.

Telemarketer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proseasy, relaxed, own office, flexible hours. No real training, which was fine, made it easy to get started quickly. Good pay $9 an hour and more if you actually made a sale.

ConsBoring, bad coworkers. They were all middle-aged men and kind of had that mentality in the office. Get hung up on a lot, naturally. Also the coworkers made some racist comments.

Long time employee. Like all large companies, reducing costs to increase profits.

Territory Manager (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, average pay, multiple opportunities for growth and job enhancement. Opportunities in the field and in an office setting depending on your position.

ConsLarge company with senior management issues. To many chiefs. Ideas change like underwear. Try this, if it does not work we can try something else. When a strategy fails, senior management is not held accountable. Communication is one direction, down. Any communication upstream is used to evaluate, support and tweak their message. Work hard, keep quiet and shrug your shoulder often, you will be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold upper management accountable for poor decisions. You went through a large house cleaning in lower management a year ago. You should have trimmed upper management that was insulated from the process.
    You have much dead wait at the top.

Overall not bad.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsFlexible with family life, potential for growth within the agency or others. Potential to grow with the company.

ConsSalary and benefits need improving; training needs improving; overall better communication from company to agents to staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing the best with what they have.

takes care of its people and provides tools to be successful

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

Prosif you want to succeed as an agent, you are given support by way of capital, coaching and playbook

Consas an agent, you are an independent contractor but as a Farmers Agent, you are not an island.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Great opportunity with a family feel.

District Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsI really enjoy the family feel even though Farmers is a large company

ConsYou may not receive health benefits as a staff member

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!