Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey

Jeff Dailey

Pros:
  • "Farmers goes out of it's way to help give a good work-life balance"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Depending on which way the wind would blow, you could possibly work from home"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance could be improved upon - we are expected to work while on PTO"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Upper management in this company is like a game of musical chairs"
    in 26 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

agency producer

Pros.it is an easy job

ConsIt is not a high paying job

takes care of its people and provides tools to be successful

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

Prosif you want to succeed as an agent, you are given support by way of capital, coaching and playbook

Consas an agent, you are an independent contractor but as a Farmers Agent, you are not an island.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Good mentorship for young professionals

Data Management Analyst (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsMy direct manager is great, I am provided with options and guidance for career growth. 401k options are pretty much unparalleled nowadays.

ConsI am not a big fan of the corporate culture, but I don't think that's just Farmers. Health benefits could be better.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company overall

Claims (Current Employee)

ProsLarge company with lots of opportunity for advancement. Generally dedicated to employee welfare and personal/professional development.

Cons1. Disconnected senior management frequently changes things just to put their own mark on things.
    2. Archaic profit sharing plan tied to unrealistic performance reviews.
    3. Micro management in some areas.

Average (OK) Company

Claims (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsPeople are like family. Good Learning and Development path.

ConsBenefits (Health, Dental, 401K, etc.) not the best and not the worst. Recently went through a lot of reorganization which resulted in positions getting cut and bad morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop the self righteous ego. Often times most of the managers handle themselves in this self-deprecating manner which I think is over used and manipulative. Behind closed doors you see their true self.

Wonderful people and great work environment

Claims Representative (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

Pros-Pay
    -Time off
    -Mgmt is understanding
    -Room for growth

Cons-Redundency
    -Can be tough to change departments

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people an opportunity to get to know each other and explore the rest of the company.

This is Why I Went to College

Liability Adjuster (Current Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsGreat office culture - everyone seems pretty enthusiastic about work and friendly
    Good work/life balance - flexible hours, so you kind of control your own schedule; no weekends required!
    Training - Very thorough training program; it's a lot of information, but they do their best to make it digestable

ConsStressful nature of work - spending all day talking to people who've just had losses (auto, home, etc) can be taxing
    Work is never done - you constantly have new work you have to do (accidents happen), so you're never really "done"

Greedy at the top, but nice at the bottom.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Eagan, MN

ProsThere was always help if needed.

ConsAlways being told that one should become an agent.

Challenging work, friendly work environment, great place to be at this time in my career,

Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee)
    Olathe, KS

ProsThe work environment is helpful, friendly. The Company benefits are outstanding. There is always a helpful hand if you need a question answered.

ConsThe work load is sometimes very challenging at the start of training. The Company is large and kind of hard to get to know your co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been blessed to have a great management team. They are very helpful and full of enthuasiasm for majority of the work week.

A great company to work for, very employee oriented, and always open for change and new ideas to improve.

Office Claims Adjuster/Auto Liability (Current Employee)
    Grand Rapids, MI

ProsCommunity involvement, great benefits and a lot of time off. Great pay and very flexible schedules. Fun and friendly staff and employees, employees are valued, open to change for improvement. There's an onsite gym and cafeteria with Starbucks too!

ConsThere's not enough time in the day to get all of your work done, and they don't like you to go over a 40 hour week in most cases, although there are some exceptions. This may not be for you, If you want a feeling of completion at the end of the day, as there is always work to be done when you leave and come in in the morning.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. They are very open and approachable. They are always asking for input on what we like and what can be improved. They are always there to help if you have any questions, and they don't act as though they are above you.

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!

Farmers Insurance Group Videos

Farmers Insurance Group – Why Work for Us?

Farmers Insurance Group is a leading insurer group, providing insurance for automobiles, homes, small businesses and specialty products, and a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. Farmers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Insurance Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey. All 705 reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Insurance Group employees.