Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey

Jeff Dailey

Pros
  • Farmers goes out of it's way to help give a good work-life balance (in 33 reviews)

• Depending on which way the wind would blow, you could possibly work from home (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved upon - we are expected to work while on PTO (in 26 reviews)

• Upper management in this company is like a game of musical chairs (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company, Grateful and ready to move on

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)

Prosgreat pay, benefits, opportunity to open your own agency on your 4th year

Consneed to work a lot hours to build your book of business , no car allowance, recruiters help you the first couple months becuase they get a bonus, after that they lose interest in you.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your training

Customer Service for Insurance Agent handling service, quotes, billing, retention and phones.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt's a small office, so flexibility is great if I need time off or to leave early. I can dabble in all lines of business, so it's great for getting experience and training. There is lots of training from the company online and with webinars. The district has training on products, sales and marketing. I'm able to handle all aspects of the customer experience.

ConsThe pay is very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview status of position with employee at least every 3 months to make sure goals and expectations are set and also accomplished. That way both the employee and employer have a chance to go over questions or concerns. This is a great time to go over salary expectations, workload, and career advancement.

Marketing Internship

Marketing Intern (Current Employee) Park Ridge, IL

ProsRelatively small office with glass doors, really friendly staff to work with.

ConsAutocratic manager, no meetings to go over improving efficiency or reduce paper clutter.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave at least weekly meetings about improving our daily operations

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

takes care of its people and provides tools to be successful

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

Prosif you want to succeed as an agent, you are given support by way of capital, coaching and playbook

Consas an agent, you are an independent contractor but as a Farmers Agent, you are not an island.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Challenging work, friendly work environment, great place to be at this time in my career,

Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsThe work environment is helpful, friendly. The Company benefits are outstanding. There is always a helpful hand if you need a question answered.

ConsThe work load is sometimes very challenging at the start of training. The Company is large and kind of hard to get to know your co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been blessed to have a great management team. They are very helpful and full of enthuasiasm for majority of the work week.

Love working here! Highly recommend

Recruiter (Current Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsGreat company that continues to grow. Excellent pay, benefits, bonuses. Lots of room to learn more and move up in the company. It can be rare to find a company that will allow employees to move up quickly and promote within.

ConsNone. I've worked at other large companies and they did not treat employees as well as they could have. Grateful for opportunity with Farmers

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far training has been great, quick and to the point, not dragged out like some other companies. Everyone is very helpful.

A great company to work for, very employee oriented, and always open for change and new ideas to improve.

Office Claims Adjuster/Auto Liability (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsCommunity involvement, great benefits and a lot of time off. Great pay and very flexible schedules. Fun and friendly staff and employees, employees are valued, open to change for improvement. There's an onsite gym and cafeteria with Starbucks too!

ConsThere's not enough time in the day to get all of your work done, and they don't like you to go over a 40 hour week in most cases, although there are some exceptions. This may not be for you, If you want a feeling of completion at the end of the day, as there is always work to be done when you leave and come in in the morning.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. They are very open and approachable. They are always asking for input on what we like and what can be improved. They are always there to help if you have any questions, and they don't act as though they are above you.

Advancement Potential, Positive Environment

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsThere is optimal room for growth - as existing AgencyPoints grow and as new AgencyPoints open. Management and more veteran recruiters are quick to answer my questions and assist me when needed. I consistently feel like my opinions and ideas are valued and considered. The overall environment is positive and collaborative. Upper management makes a point to call you by name and get to know you.

ConsWith such a large company, it can sometimes take a while for information to trickle down from corporate offices and senior management to the employees under management at the AgencyPoint locations.

Thus far, amazing company!! Good leaders and future outlook.

Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsCompensation
    Additional perks
    Good work/life balance
    Pay for performance
    Helpful trainers, co-workers, and management staff
    They encourage your growth as an employee
    A lot of mobility

ConsNone that I can think of right now. During a higher claim volume period, work may become more stressful and longer hours. But, being compensated with overtime isn't the worse thing in the world, for me personally. I actually look forward to being able to work more OT and make more money.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep what you're doing. Training has exceeded my expectations and the company culture rocks! Great people to being working with.

I've had nothing but the best experience in my short time at Farmers Insurance and anticipate staying a long time.

ProsThe work-life balance here is absolutely phenominal. My colleagues and bosses make coming to work so enjoyable.

ConsThere are no cons and nothing I can comment on.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep encouraging all employees to achieve personal greatness and this company will grow by leaps and bounds.

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!