Farmers Insurance Group Reviews

Reset
3.2
Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey
Jeff Dailey

Pros
  • The work life balance was great (in 37 reviews)

• Good benefits, Great people to work with (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance difficult; empty promises by managers; no room for promotions; technical issues every week; (in 28 reviews)

• Upper management in this company is like a game of musical chairs (in 33 reviews)

1,185 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Excellent

Former Employee - Multi CSA in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Multi CSA in Olathe, KS

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great business, especially for moving up in the company. Loved the people who work with you as well! Very welcoming place and company to work for.

Cons

Have to clock everything you do, including bathroom breaks. It's very embarrassing because you get penalized if you go on a bathroom break. What if your pregnant, or have a weak bladder, that really sucks.

Advice to Management

I would just say keep up the moral. Happy employees mean more work being done. Being penalized for taking bathroom breaks really disturbs me.

2. West Auto Subrogation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay when you perform well. The office culture in this office is the best in the country. Flexible work schedule. Good work/life balance. 401k matches dollar for dollar up to six percent.

Cons

High paced environment. Office is moving to the Michigan hub. Medical benefits has very high deductible plans which get expensive with an entire family on the plan.

Advice to Management

The leadership team at this location is probably the best in the company. No micro managing and alot of empowerment to the staff. It would be nice to see this leadership model to be implemented within the entire organization.

3. Analyst

Pros

Great benefits, pension plan. Awesome co-workers, good camarderie

Cons

Lot of red tape, very slow

5. Insurance Producer

Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Middletown, NJ
    Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Middletown, NJ

Pros

Flexible to an extent, no commission caps, able to take outside appointments which allows a nice degree of freedom sometimes

Cons

Very little room for forward advancement. You are basically at the whim of your manager, lots of pressure to produce. Scattered and disorganized training.

Advice to Management

Create more incentives to drive growth

6. Horrible pay

Former Employee - Sales in Odessa, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Odessa, TX

Pros

I got a lot of sales experience however I was not licensed and did not receive commission for making the agent rich

Cons

Very high stress work environment. Fixing problems and making calls all day with no commission even though I was in sales

Advice to Management

Pay more

7. Licensing Coordinator

Current Employee - License & Insurance Coordinator in Lees Summit, MO
    Current Employee - License & Insurance Coordinator in Lees Summit, MO

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for with pretty cool environment. Benefits are awesome along with bonuses. Job is not to strenuous. I really love this place.

Cons

Should be getting paid more. Farmers pays less then what other Insurance companies pay for the same roles. More room for advancement.

Advice to Management

More pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay more pay

8. Liability Claims Representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It had a good profit sharing program and pay for performance

Cons

It is very clear that employees are expendable. I worked for the company more than 15 years and at the end no amount of work was good enough. I regularly worked 11-12 hours a day and was constantly being ridden about my numbers, as was everyone I worked with. The company had no loyalty to its employees or even the branch managers and supervisors. They hired upper level management from other companies with bad reputations and created an environment that was complete micromanagement and took away all of our autonomy. The company was constantly trying to get us to pay out less money to the insureds and customers and only would pay up when claims became litigated or there were insurance commissioner complaints. Then management took away all the amazing profit sharing the employees used to benefit from.

Advice to Management

Realize your employees are your customers, too. The more you value your employees and treat them well, the better the company will run and the happier outside customers will be.

9. Good company

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

good benefits, culture and willingness to adapt

Cons

There is a feeling the company is not transparent in terms of future plans for our site

Advice to Management

It would be best to best to be open with employees in terms of any future plans to change sites or relocate any sites.

10. chaos

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mercer Island, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mercer Island, WA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers Convenient location Work Life balance - depending on the line manager(Not the department)

Cons

Red tapes every where Highly political environment Zurich sets unrealistic Objectives every year. Farmers then translates them into another set of meaningless big words, and no one knows what they suppose to mean. Favoritism is seem everywhere. Different rules apply to different people. Very little room for career advancement.. Company is not willing to invest in people. One after another failed large scale IT projects just keeps on coming and going, and no upper management takes responsibility. They can get away with it now because the company is making profit, and they have enough money to throw around.

11. Customer Service Advocate Billing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company to build a career with. Many opportunities to move with in the company.

Cons

Do not have any cons at this time

Showing 1,185 of 1,269 reviews