Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Reviews in Simi Valley, CA

3.3

Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey
Jeff Dailey

Pros
  • Farmers goes out of it's way to help give a good work-life balance (in 33 reviews)

• Depending on which way the wind would blow, you could possibly work from home (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved upon - we are expected to work while on PTO (in 26 reviews)

• Upper management in this company is like a game of musical chairs (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A good place to work, but remember - no one cares as much about your career as you. Take control of your destiny...

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

Great benefits, collaborative environment and development opportunities abound. Technology getting better, but cost cutting obviously still in effect when eyeing office environment.

Cons

Sometimes appears top heavy in terms of managers versus analysts/'worker bees'. Not always high pay for similar jobs, but benefits can make up the difference. Large, slow moving ship - do not look to be on the cutting edge of new technology, processes or marketing.

Performance is still key, but politics do exist - do not get caught on the outside looking in....

Knowledge sharing between workgroups still lacking, (i.e. new metadata center confusing and not intuitive,) and lack of 'basic training' within first few weeks for a new hire adds to learning curve.

Loved the people I worked with, couldn't stand management.

Former Employee - Personal Lines Underwriter  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Lines Underwriter in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Like I said, I loved the people I worked with. Some of them are now lifelong friends.
    * It's a large company and there's certainly room for advancement.
    * It was local to me.

Cons

* Management has no idea what they're doing. They're "market reactionary" instead of innovative.
    * Management played favorites
    * Management advanced individuals who produced large volume, and rebuked those who produced some volume but with higher accuracy.
    * Low salary
    * Major culture shift while I was there.
    * Management treated employees like children.

Actually do some market research, invest in the client experience, and stop treating everyone like children.

Very Nice Place to work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

Huge Systems and more opportunity to learn and grow, Its very intersting to know about the systems and the integrations done between them

Cons

There was not as such any downside seen while working at farmers group, but their timelines are very tight if compared.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Farmers is slow to change, but good for long term employees

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

Good benefits and opportunites to move around within the company. Employees are generally satisfied and enjoy working there

Cons

Very slow to change and when change does come it doesn't always make sense or is applied the same everywhere

Devise a plan, invest in it, and follow it through. Changing horses in mid-stream doesn't do any good

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!