Farmers Insurance Group

www.farmers.com

Farmers Insurance Group Reviews in Simi Valley, CA

Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey

Jeff Dailey

Pros
  • Farmers goes out of it's way to help give a good work-life balance(in 33 reviews)

• Depending on which way the wind would blow, you could possibly work from home(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved upon - we are expected to work while on PTO(in 26 reviews)

• Upper management in this company is like a game of musical chairs(in 29 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very Nice Place to work

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Simi Valley, CA

ProsHuge Systems and more opportunity to learn and grow, Its very intersting to know about the systems and the integrations done between them

ConsThere was not as such any downside seen while working at farmers group, but their timelines are very tight if compared.

Loved the people I worked with, couldn't stand management.

Personal Lines Underwriter (Former Employee) Simi Valley, CA

Pros* Like I said, I loved the people I worked with. Some of them are now lifelong friends.
    * It's a large company and there's certainly room for advancement.
    * It was local to me.

Cons* Management has no idea what they're doing. They're "market reactionary" instead of innovative.
    * Management played favorites
    * Management advanced individuals who produced large volume, and rebuked those who produced some volume but with higher accuracy.
    * Low salary
    * Major culture shift while I was there.
    * Management treated employees like children.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually do some market research, invest in the client experience, and stop treating everyone like children.

Farmers is slow to change, but good for long term employees

Project Manager (Current Employee) Simi Valley, CA

ProsGood benefits and opportunites to move around within the company. Employees are generally satisfied and enjoy working there

ConsVery slow to change and when change does come it doesn't always make sense or is applied the same everywhere

Advice to Senior ManagementDevise a plan, invest in it, and follow it through. Changing horses in mid-stream doesn't do any good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to work, but remember - no one cares as much about your career as you. Take control of your destiny...

Product Manager (Current Employee) Simi Valley, CA

ProsGreat benefits, collaborative environment and development opportunities abound. Technology getting better, but cost cutting obviously still in effect when eyeing office environment.

ConsSometimes appears top heavy in terms of managers versus analysts/'worker bees'. Not always high pay for similar jobs, but benefits can make up the difference. Large, slow moving ship - do not look to be on the cutting edge of new technology, processes or marketing.

Performance is still key, but politics do exist - do not get caught on the outside looking in....

Advice to Senior ManagementKnowledge sharing between workgroups still lacking, (i.e. new metadata center confusing and not intuitive,) and lack of 'basic training' within first few weeks for a new hire adds to learning curve.

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!