Farouk Systems Reviews

1.7
Rami Shami

1. Employment

I have been working at Farouk Systems full-time

Pros

This king of business is always changing. Family atmosphere. They have good hair products, used to be the best. Had great concept of manufacturing in the USA, but have since moved all of that back to China.

Cons

They have good intentions, but bad management. Too many chiefs. Too much paperwork. Departments do not know how to work well together. They tend to let people go without any warning.

2. This was not the job for me.

Former Employee - Senior Accounts Receivable in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Accounts Receivable in Houston, TX

I worked at Farouk Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have nothing good to say about this company.

Cons

They are very organised. The management is not exceptable. There is a very high turn over.

Advice to Management

I have none.

Customer Service

I worked at Farouk Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is leaving the company when I did. I was pushed to quit with all the negativity and bullying.

Cons

If you're looking for a customer service job, walk away before you waste your time and energy. Gossip girls and bullying to the max- including the manager whom starts and feeds on it all. If the door is closed with favorites gathered (it's a gossip frenzy). Call center employees - get ready to be micro-managed and not only from the boss but all the senior employees as well. Any move you make, comment you say, the way you dress and the way you talk (all judged). They might preach a certain lifestyle but are far from opposite. Customer service at Farouk concentrates their energy in firing people from other departments as well as their own. If you don't agree with the manager and her worker bees- get ready for termination. They also sell their employees expired product and malfunctioned tools- so don't take yearly "sales" as a kind gesture - it's crap with no warranty.

Advice to Management

Impossible- she's the head of the all.

Disappointment

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Farouk Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The sales, which aren't really worth what you go through.

Cons

The office environment The management It's almost all cons. Sadly I was excited to work there.

Career suicide

Pros

The only pros were the insurance benefits and employee discount sales

Cons

Where do I begin? There is zero direction and communication from management. They clean house every six months or so and you end up picking up the pieces from those who left. They expect you to stay late and skip lunch to get the work done but pay ridiculous wages and almost no raises. Those who don't get fired, end up quitting. They also don't respect their employees at all, treating them like children. But hey, running for governor of Texas seemed like a good idea. There were no raises that year and massive layoffs.

7. One of the best company's ever

Current Employee - Backstage Manager
    Current Employee - Backstage Manager

Pros

great training, great leader excellent travel opportunities

Cons

nothing negative to say. Mr. Farouk vision is clear and all can benefit

Advice to Management

na

What a HUGE disappointment!

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Houston, TX

Pros

benefits, some team members help each other out (some), resume builder (on some level)

Cons

Lack of Communication, Management (no templates, timelines are never followed through correctly, no guidance or review/feedback, training or lack thereof depending on dept), No Promotions, Disorganized, Negative Work Environment/Ambiance, Gossip, Tech issues (systems can be out a whole day and nothing fixed so employees just sit for fun all day), Employee Sales (all of their broken tools and extremely expired and outdated packaging products are offered to employees? What a treat for all the hard work you do at this company right?), organization of shared drives, files, images was the worst ever, disrespect amongst team members even during work meetings, managers and upper management rude, disrespectful to employees (either you were ignored or talked down to). NO consistency. NO organization. No communication. The CEO overlooks the company as a WHOLE,

Advice to Management

Focus on department concentration, Involve employees in changes, Communicate properly within the company, Acknowledge employees on extra work, skills & accomplishments. Create a positive work environment/ambiance rewarding employee for all the work they do in fixing the mess that is this company.

DON'T BE FOOLED!! This is a TERRIBLE place for employment!!!

Former Employee - General in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - General in Houston, TX

I worked at Farouk Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and great sales on products maybe twice a year.

Cons

All the negative reviews posted on here are true!!! Farouk Systems found my resume and pursued me. I declined their offer and they came back and countered with an impressive salary that I could not pass up. The recruiters and managers are good at selling the company as a great place to work with opportunity for growth and they are very professional and respectful during the interview. HOWEVER, once you've been there for a few days, you begin to notice how this place is poorly managed. Managers treat you like peasants and talk down on you. Rather than offering constructive criticism, they try to put fear in you just because they have some kind of authority. Big power trip!!! Before I reached my one year anniversary, they moved me to a different position under the same manager and made me take a pay cut, a hefty pay cut, or threatened to lay me off. I took the pay cut to avoid being unemployed but was lucky enough to find something better within a few months. Oh, and when they short you on hours, don't expect them to pay you for that. They will just avoid it until you stop asking. Managers cut for each other, you'll never win even if you try to go to the next in command. Don't be like me and tell yourself "you can't base your decision off of the few reviews on a website". YES YOU CAN!! BELIEVE IT...THEY ARE ALL TRUE. This is a dead end and will be a sad sad story once this company gets pulled down because of the way it is managed. I put one star on overall rating above only because they didn't have negative stars!!

Advice to Management

Invest in a third party consultant to come in and clean up the terrible management and those employees that are worthless and messy (like on Office Space). You might be surprised at how much this can improve the finances and reputation of this company.

NOT A CAREER. This place is a joke.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Houston, TX

I worked at Farouk Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employee sales. Great insurance. Weekend off...

Cons

I can not the speak for the whole company just for the customer service department. If you are interviewing for this department RUN. They will start off by acting as if they like you, and you are doing a great job. They will give u a raise with so much work but no training or coaching at all. When you make a mistake they get mad take your raise away and bully you till you quit. The department is not lead by the manager but by her favorite employees. (You will know who they are because she will take them out to eat and have little meeting with them in her office.) They determine your future just because they have been there longer. You are not judged based on your knowledge, or skills or talent but by what they think of you. They are so unprofessional giving employees insulting nicknames behind there backs and the manager is in it too. They have a huge turnover rate. In the 4 months I was there five people quit. If you went to college and received the proper education don't waste your time or talent in this place it's a dead end.

Advice to Management

You spend a ruff estimate of 700 dollars every time you hire a new employee. Your customer service manager is throwing your money down the drain. Letting her staff bully employee away. You should really look into that before your faced with a lawsuit or your taken to the better businesses burial. ..

Unorganized Chaos

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Farouk Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience with different kinds of work and difficult people. (CHI and BioSilk products)

Cons

Disorganized, and the wrong people are managers. They are not making things run smoothly. High turnover, in the year i have been there 6 people got fired or quit. (just in 3 departments) Most people havent been there for more than 2 years.

Advice to Management

Hire for talent, not for looks or because they are family.

RSS Feed </> Embed