Fast Enterprises Reviews

Reset
4.4
Fast Enterprises Managing Partner Martin Rankin
Martin Rankin

Pros
  • The salary and benefits are great and you get paid overtime (in 9 reviews)

• Great compensation and benefits; best health insurance plan I've seen a company provide in years (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • At times there can be long hours (in 13 reviews)

• You can be expected to work A LOT of overtime, but you are compensated base on your hourly rate, which is not common for other salary careers (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Wonderful, open environment with incredible people and management.

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

The open and flat level atmosphere is really something I have been looking for in the past. FAST isn't just a company, but also a team of great individuals. They all work together for a common goal and they are always more than willing to help their fellow worker. I see the travel as a strong and useful step in people's lives and I can't wait for more.

Cons

This hardly counts as a con, but I have to wait for a little while until I can go work on their overseas projects.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing, and with the same people.

Fast Enterprises Response

Jul 1, 2015 – HR/Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you see our flat organizational structure as a positive. Sometimes people mistakenly equate the number of job titles to “rungs” on a “career ... More

2. Great company to start your career

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Centennial, CO

I worked at Fast Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a positive outlook and hires some of the best among the crowd. The team game is strong and offers a great potential to grow. Pay is better than most companies I know.

Cons

Projects can be anywhere from 6 months to 5 years. Must be willing to relocate (at company's expense).

Great Compan

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is overall one of the best companies one can work for. It's small enough to allow you to wear multiple hats. You will learn a lot if you're willing to work hard. Some list the constant moving as a con. It was a pro for me, but you will do a lot of it and sometimes on a short notice. This is excellent for the spontaneous souls out there.

Cons

Company is extremely political and you will have to be one of the "boys" to get ahead and get noticed. It will be your responsibility to make sure your hard work and efforts are recognized by the right people. Simply doing your work will not suffice. To be fair, this is common culture in Corporate America today. Also, this is a drinking culture and excessive drinking is endorsed. If you are over the college partying then this will be a challenge as you will be expected to bond with co-workers this way.

Advice to Management

Most managers are good but there are many that still participate in the buddy system. Once you become a manager, you should leave the "boys" club if you want the full respect of your team.

Implementation Consultant

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment. Amazing pay. Amazing benefits. Really challenging and interesting work. I personally really like how as a new hire you are immediately part of the group and can find things to do that people will help you with.

Cons

During the interview process it wasn't really clear what you actually had to do on a daily basis. Also the amount of work can alternate between nothing to do and being insanely busy.

Implementation Consultant

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Medford, MA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of perks. Great healthcare, great community feel.

Cons

very little work life balance. little to no control of where you live

Wonderful company with a brilliant product!

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Madison, WI

Pros

The sky's the limit within this company. There is no standard hierarchy regarding moving up the ranks. If you feel you'd like to move into database work or marketing they will certainly consider it. The product, GenTax, is genius design. Getting a site up an running moves very quickly.

Cons

You can find yourself working a lot of overtime if you're not careful. However, they do pay salary plus overtime. Your call.

8. Awesome!

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Greenwood, CO
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Greenwood, CO

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, fair, and exciting. They do just everything to help you with moves and work. I wouldn't change my mind for anything else

Cons

There really isn't any. Moving every 2-5 years may pose a problem but it is something to live with. Fun company

9. Good Experience

Current Employee - Training Coordinator
    Current Employee - Training Coordinator

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

Fast compensates amazingly. There are very few better offers. It makes it hard to turn down, and hard to leave. Moving is normally most of the issue. They try to keep that as the only issue, and they do a good job of it.

Cons

Fast is great is you're young and looking to move around. Being able to move around, however, is a lot of times harder than it seems. It's hard to keep a family when you're going to be moving about every 2 years. It's also hard to start a family when not everyone is okay with moving that often. Fast lets you know this, however, and it is your choice to make. Just make sure that you have fully thought about what moving around that much entails.

Advice to Management

Try to give more of a heads up on when/where they are going to move. 2 months isn't too much to ask.

10. Chill workers

Current Employee - Software Developer Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Fast Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, reasonable management, small teams

Cons

Developing corporate soft for government can be seriously boring

Interesting work, great co-workers, successful co. that cares about its employees

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

People. As a general rule, coworkers are intelligent, honest, hard-working, and play as a team. They become your friends inside and outside of work. Leadership cares about employees. The company is growing so it takes more effort on everyone's part to keep connected, but when the connection is there, there is genuine concern for employees. Compensation is generous as are the perks. Raises are generous. Being #1 in the industry is very gratifying and well deserved.

Cons

Don't get to choose your assignments. But how many "consultants" do? If you're not 110% committed to the company (like you just took the job because it was the best one you could get at the time), don't expect to last.

Advice to Management

Don't lower hiring standards even though the company is growing. Try to weed out people who clearly don't want to be here but stay only for the money. They just bring everyone down.

RSS Feed </> Embed