Fast Enterprises

Updated February 13, 2015
4.7

Fast Enterprises Managing Partner Martin Rankin
Martin Rankin

Pros
  • The salary and benefits are great and you get paid overtime (in 9 reviews)

• Great compensation and benefits; best health insurance plan I've seen a company provide in years (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The long hours can be very demanding, however you are compensated for them quite nicely (in 13 reviews)

• There is a lot of overtime around roll outs but you are well compensated for it (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Doing great things with great people

I have been working at Fast Enterprises

Pros

Working with the best company in the field, doing great things for clients with a real need, clients who serve the public. Coworkers are friendly, caring and down to earth. Clients appreciate the work we do and work with us as if we were all on the same team, not just as "hired guns"

Cons

Making great friends and then separating from them at the end of an assignment can be bittersweet. Anything else that may be considered a con is made extremely clear when you're being recruited, so there should be no surprises for anyone.

Keep doing what you're doing

Implementation Consultant

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant

I worked at Fast Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive Wages
    Minimal travel-was on planes 2 times in one year for work
    Good work life balance for a consultancy-rarely more than 50 hrs/wk

Cons

Skill growth-the hard skills you develop with Fast do not translate well into any other position
    Locations of assignment-Fast move you to project sites, which are often state capitals. If you are on assignment to CA you'll be in Sacramento, not SF or LA
    Boring product-At the end of the day its enterprise software for state government agencies

Have to be willing to re-locate frequently

I worked at Fast Enterprises

Pros

great team building and benefits

Cons

working with less motivated government employees, at times; at times lack of concern for employee safety (i.e. - government offices closed due to inclement weather, but Fast employees still had to report to work); if you can't re-locate, you can't stay employed here

Take great care of you, only downside is needing to move.

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boise, ID

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, minimal corporate bs. The company cares about you and treats you really well.

Cons

Expect to move every year or two

It's been an adventure so far! I feel very lucky to be a part of this team.

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-You get to travel around the world all expenses paid
    -The work is fund and challenging, involves making processes that EVERYONE must partake in (taxes) much more efficient
    -Incredibly reasonable when asking you to move or reassign, even on a short-term basis
    -No guarantees but they are willing to work with your preferences on location
    -Competitive salary, health insurance fully paid for, life insurance, 401k, and great accommodations for short term assignments especially
    -The moving process goes incredibly smooth, these guys have it down to a science
    -If you end up not liking where you're placed, it's only a matter of time before you end up somewhere else!
    -Having coworkers literally everywhere is great for networking purposes

Cons

-There is a lot to learn, and the work can sometimes be challenging
    -Occasionally, notice for moving is super short
    -Places like North Dakota are a possibility to get moved to (yikes!)

I have no complaints, anything that is a con has been made explicitly clear and was agreed to before accepting the job.

I love my job!

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've learned lots, experienced many new things, love the people I work with and have lots of room for growth. I really enjoy the leaders in the company - I feel I can learn a lot from them. I feel like they value me as an employee. They have been wonderful to work with my needs. I truly love working at Fast.

Cons

Honestly there aren't very many cons. If any, it might be last minute changes that pop up.

Please keep up the great work.

Fast is an amazing company to work for

I have been working at Fast Enterprises

Pros

- great pay and great benefits
    - challenging and rewarding work
    - family feel- working on project sites you get close to your coworkers and form awesome friendships.

Cons

It can be hard moving around to different sites, but you get used to the new place(s) and you have your coworkers there with you.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Fantastic first company to work for!

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises

Pros

The work is challenging, yet you'll receive help from all your veteran coworkers when needed
    Great work environment
    Fun coworkers
    Exciting company events occur on a normal basis
    You get to experience the culture of a new place
    You are compensated for overtime work

Cons

You'll more than likely have to leave your hometown and move across the country to your new site. It can be a bit of a hassle at first and you'll probably miss your friends and family a bit, but that's what they're paying you the big bucks for. Your new city will grow on you and you can fly home on long weekends if you want.

Great place to work, as long as you are OK with the cons

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits. A great company culture with little politics and bureaucracy. Fast supplies a great product, and it's nice to work on projects that are successful, exceeding customer expectations. There is a most expenses paid trip for the entire family to a resort for the annual conference. These conferences are always really well done and tons of fun. For example, last year they flew us to Orlando and had Harry Potter Land opened in Universal studios just for us.

Cons

Fast discourages continuing education. You will get some great experience working on projects and as long as you are good you'll quickly be given more responsibility. However, don't count on being able to pursue graduate education or certificates. I could see getting stuck at Fast without having credentials that could translate to another company.

Moving is an absolute requirement for most positions. Fast pays for a moving company and gives some extra money to help, but every time you move it will cost you money out of pocket as well as several vacation days. You will never be able to buy and keep a house long enough to gain much equity. These things should be taken into account when comparing salary to other companies. You need to make more with Fast for an equivalent standard of living.

Assuming you don't work in the development center in Denver, Fast works in the client offices which are usually state governments. This means that you'll never work in a nice office with good equipment. Plan on working in a grey cube with sub standard hardware

Some employees leave out of fear of getting stuck at Fast without the ability to change companies in the future. Allow employees to build themselves up by supporting continuing education. Then, treat them well enough that they don't want to leave, even though they could (which I think Fast already does).

Honestly, a great company.

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They treat you well.
    There are many perks to working with FAST.
    Office Culture is great. Since you are moved around often your FAST friends become like family and everyone in the office is usually very open to including new recruits in their outings.
    Great pay.
    Great benefits.

Cons

You move a lot. You never really ever establish a real HOME with FAST.
    You don't get to pick where you want to go.
    Taxes are just boring.
    There isn't much of a career ladder to climb. You enter and work for a supervisor. Then you become a 'lead' and then usually that's the end of the road unless somehow you become a Project Manager but you have to be around a really long time for that.
    You work a ton of overtime. Some weeks turn out to be 60-80 hour weeks. They do give back to you for that though.

I wish we had more of a choice as to where we were going.