Fast Enterprises

Fast Enterprises Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Fast Enterprises Managing Partner Martin Rankin

Martin Rankin

Pros:
  • "Fast offers a great salary, great benefits, and an exciting culture"
    in 9 reviews
  • "The salary and benefits are great and you get paid overtime"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Employees are expected to work extremely long hours near project deadlines"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Must be willing to move across the country with very little notice or be fired"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Wonderful experience on so many levels

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Career development. Fast does not believe in compartmentalizing people according to titles. People are given the opportunity to take on various roles and responsibilities based on demonstrated readiness and desire. Compared with friends my age, I've been given the opportunities as a systems analyst, consultant, team lead, and application architect much earlier. If you're motivated more by titles, and how many are "above" or "below" you, if that's what "career advancement" means to you, then Fast may not be a good fit.

- Relationships. Fast has great relationships with its clients. At first, sometimes they're suspicious of us as consultants, but by the end, everyone really gels as a team working towards a common goal. We genuinely like each other by the end! My friends at other consulting companies tell me there's always a bit of us/them between the clients and consultants on their projects. I think that's minimized, even eliminated at Fast projects. Among Fast employees, we support and respect one another in the workplace. Individual success takes a back seat to team and project success. We're also great friends outside work, and so are our families. I count Fasties as some of my closest friends.

- Compensation is great. Overtime is paid. Raises are generous and based on merit. Healthcare benefits are great, cover my whole family and are provided entirely by Fast. Regular company functions and perks, especially the annual general meeting, are fantastic and usually include our families and significant others.

- We're the best at what we do! We have some big competitors out there, but in our industry, we're on top. In general, everyone works their tails off to do the very best for our clients. If you like being one of "the best", you know that it takes talent, but also a willingness to work harder than everyone else. But when your'e all in it together, hard work doesn't feel quite as hard and can be pretty rewarding.

- Relocation. Depending on your personal circumstances, having the opportunity to live and work in other parts of the country and world can be really incredible. I didn't travel much before working for Fast but between working in different states myself, and visiting company friends whowork in different places, I've been exposed to many different sights and cultures.

Cons- Relocation can be tough. Recruiters and the people you meet with when you're interviewed are very forthcoming about the need to relocate. Even though I knew and agreed to it, I didn't know what it really meant until I did it. I've relocated a few times now and it gets smoother every time. But it's always disruptive and can still be hard depending on where you're going, how much notice you get, and if you have a family to move too. Recently, Fast instituted a way for people to cut down or cut out the travel, but it does have a compensation impact. Which is only fair-- if we're not doing what we were hired (and agreed) to do, we shouldn't be paid the same as employees who do. Compensation is great, so a cut isn't too bad but it's easy to get used to those big paychecks.

- Other people have already said this, but when project deadlines are looming, there can be a lot of overtime. But you're never alone in this-- your teammates will help as best they can. And as I said in the "Pros" being the best at something almost always means you work harder than everyone else. If work to you means 9-5 every day, whether the job is done or not, then Fast is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementFast is really growing-- but let's be careful to keep our culture intact! More international work!

Fast has been an incredible company to work for and to me is more like a family than just a job.

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFast offers a wonderful career experience and one that is better than any IT consulting firm that I am aware of.
Great Team work, competitive salary, great benefits, culture that believes that we can be successful not mater what the competitors say, and a support structure that allows us all to be successful.

ConsWith this job you must be wiling and able to relocate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. I Love my job!

Great Company!

Office Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Fast Enterprises full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat pay and paid overtime
Annual corporate trip (spouses and kids paid to attend also)
A lot of group outings and dinners
Most employees work extremely hard and care about their work

ConsEmployees are constantly relocating so the dynamic of personalities isn't ever the same for long (which can be a good thing too)

Excellent company to work for!

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAmazing company to work for with opportunities to travel and meet new people all the time. The salary and benefits are great and you get paid overtime. Definitely a work hard play hard environment full of highly motivated and talented employees.

ConsYou must be flexible with relocation and plan on moving every 2 - 5 years to a different client location. There will be times where you need to put in long hours to get the job done. I wouldn't consider these cons since you get paid overtime and moving is a fun and exciting experience. Unfortunately this text field has a 20 word minimum that I had to meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm satisfied with the way things are done and wouldn't change anything. Continue to manage the growth of the company well and Fast will be successful for years to come.

Don't think I will ever work for a different company.

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time for more than 8 years

ProsRewarding: Knowing what you do directly impacts people on a large scale. Knowing we make a big difference. I never get tired of how impressed our clients are.

Relocation: getting to move to new places every couple of years. This also helps build a good network with other employees. You're never alone when solving a problem.

Salary: I work for money. Fast is a great choice for me. Getting paid for overtime is also awesome.

Perks: Company has an annual meeting every year in a five star resort. Significant others and families also gets to go for free.

ConsRelocation: I'm listing relocation as both pros and cons. It's nice to see new places and move every couple of years, but it may be more difficult for some people with family.

Overtime: Like many jobs, in order to advance, you'll need to put in the time to learn. Overtime is a big thing in our company. Note that we do get paid for it so it's really nice to see the fat paycheck.

Great Company, Great People.

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAwesome compensation, benefits, and working atmosphere. Your work directly makes a large impact. Work with a lot of very intelligent, fun, and cool people. Learn a lot about taxes.

ConsAbility to relocate every 2-5 years or so. Relocation is good because it makes you live on your own, and experience places you may never have seen. On the other hand, it is not good because it makes things like having children, spouses, houses, etc. more difficult.
The partners acknowledge this is difficult, so they ease the pain by having company sponsored events and such, many of which are very fun. Some people love getting moved around constantly. It really depends on the kind of person you are.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Employees love that you care about them a lot.

Very Impressed

Implementation Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fast Enterprises as an intern

ProsEverybody was very professional. Even though I was only being interviewed for an internship, FAST treated me very well and made me feel like I was sought after. The HR people were fast to respond and they even gave me somebody who was an intern last year to text and call if I had questions.

ConsAs every other review here says, you have to be flexible with relocation. However for some people, especially younger ones, moving around is exciting. I don't know where I'm going to be interning at until about a month or two before the internship starts.

Great people and a great company!

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time for more than a year

ProsHaving no kids makes it easier to say, but I love the travel. I have had the opportunity to meet people on and off site in 5 different states so far in just 2 years that I can call great friends, and it is hard to accomplish that with a lot of other companies. They immerse themselves in ever project they take on, as consultants we don't fly in and out...we move there and make sure the job gets done every single time so far on budget and on time.

ConsNot always a lot of say in where you travel or next location will be, but more and more they seem to be working with individuals on where they want to go and try to do there best. The partners still handle and decide a lot of this, which is nice that they haven't shifted it to some algorithm or employee who could arbitrarily make these decisions, they are involved and care.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing and spend more time on training from the start for new hires,

Great company

Implementation Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Fast Enterprises full-time

ProsFriendly people, good pay. Everyone that works together likes to hang out after work as well, so it's a good environment.

Consrelocation can be a struggle, but they provide you with everything you need.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great company to work for.

Software Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe benefits/salary are great.
The people are smart and fun to work with.
Paid overtime.
Opportunity to go to new places and meet new people.

ConsAt times there can be long hours.
You may not get a lot of notice before moving to another location.

Worked for Fast Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Fast Enterprises Videos

Fast Enterprises – Why Work for Us?

About Us We help government agencies serve their customers - the public - in a timely, fair, and cost-efficient manner. Founded: FAST started in 1997 with a vision to introduce packaged software to the integrated tax… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fast Enterprises reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fast Enterprises CEO Martin Rankin. All 77 reviews posted anonymously by Fast Enterprises employees.