Fast Enterprises

Updated December 14, 2014
4.7

Fast Enterprises Managing Partner Martin Rankin
Martin Rankin

Pros
  • The salary and benefits are great and you get paid overtime (in 9 reviews)

• Great compensation and benefits; best health insurance plan I've seen a company provide in years (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The long hours can be very demanding, however you are compensated for them quite nicely (in 13 reviews)

• There is a lot of overtime around roll outs but you are well compensated for it (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

It's been an adventure so far! I feel very lucky to be a part of this team.

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-You get to travel around the world all expenses paid
    -The work is fund and challenging, involves making processes that EVERYONE must partake in (taxes) much more efficient
    -Incredibly reasonable when asking you to move or reassign, even on a short-term basis
    -No guarantees but they are willing to work with your preferences on location
    -Competitive salary, health insurance fully paid for, life insurance, 401k, and great accommodations for short term assignments especially
    -The moving process goes incredibly smooth, these guys have it down to a science
    -If you end up not liking where you're placed, it's only a matter of time before you end up somewhere else!
    -Having coworkers literally everywhere is great for networking purposes

Cons

-There is a lot to learn, and the work can sometimes be challenging
    -Occasionally, notice for moving is super short
    -Places like North Dakota are a possibility to get moved to (yikes!)

I have no complaints, anything that is a con has been made explicitly clear and was agreed to before accepting the job.

I love my job!

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've learned lots, experienced many new things, love the people I work with and have lots of room for growth. I really enjoy the leaders in the company - I feel I can learn a lot from them. I feel like they value me as an employee. They have been wonderful to work with my needs. I truly love working at Fast.

Cons

Honestly there aren't very many cons. If any, it might be last minute changes that pop up.

Please keep up the great work.

Fast is an amazing company to work for

I have been working at Fast Enterprises

Pros

- great pay and great benefits
    - challenging and rewarding work
    - family feel- working on project sites you get close to your coworkers and form awesome friendships.

Cons

It can be hard moving around to different sites, but you get used to the new place(s) and you have your coworkers there with you.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Honestly, a great company.

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They treat you well.
    There are many perks to working with FAST.
    Office Culture is great. Since you are moved around often your FAST friends become like family and everyone in the office is usually very open to including new recruits in their outings.
    Great pay.
    Great benefits.

Cons

You move a lot. You never really ever establish a real HOME with FAST.
    You don't get to pick where you want to go.
    Taxes are just boring.
    There isn't much of a career ladder to climb. You enter and work for a supervisor. Then you become a 'lead' and then usually that's the end of the road unless somehow you become a Project Manager but you have to be around a really long time for that.
    You work a ton of overtime. Some weeks turn out to be 60-80 hour weeks. They do give back to you for that though.

I wish we had more of a choice as to where we were going.

Fantastic first company to work for!

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises

Pros

The work is challenging, yet you'll receive help from all your veteran coworkers when needed
    Great work environment
    Fun coworkers
    Exciting company events occur on a normal basis
    You get to experience the culture of a new place
    You are compensated for overtime work

Cons

You'll more than likely have to leave your hometown and move across the country to your new site. It can be a bit of a hassle at first and you'll probably miss your friends and family a bit, but that's what they're paying you the big bucks for. Your new city will grow on you and you can fly home on long weekends if you want.

Enjoying it so far

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They treat you really well. There are a lot of team activities and dinners and lunches on the company. They're really committed to helping their clients.

Cons

You are expected to work more than 40 hours a week. How ever long it takes to get your work done. A few months out of the year are a lot harder than the rest, but if you're on top of things it isn't too bad. You're also expected to move every few years so if that isn't your thing don't take this job. Not all the places you could get placed are ideal places so you have to be open and willing.

When offering jobs to new hires, try to either give them a few places where they could be placed or tell them earlier on. I only found out where I was getting placed three weeks before I had to move and I had been hired 6 months before that.

great company to work for work for only downside is moving

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boise, ID

I have been working at Fast Enterprises

Pros

the work is engaging given a lot of freedom in the job

Cons

you are expected to learn a lot as you go to travel can be rough

Challenging, welcoming, and progressive

Former Employee - Software Implementation Consultant
    Former Employee - Software Implementation Consultant

I worked at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

Great salary, supportive co-workers, and great benefits. Fast started off as a vision of the future in tax software and this company really took off. Training as a new high is a good benefit. OT is paid. The partners (owners) of the company are amazing and really care about their employees. The company is still growing, especially internationally.

Cons

You are expected to move every 2-5 years. It's fun to move right out of college, however, in time people will want to settle somewhere. Schedules can be demanding at times with lots of OT near deadlines...however it's a work hard, play hard company. Even though you work hard, you are with others along for the ride so it makes it easier. You may have to give up some nights and weekends.

Great company currently working to fix growing pains

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Definitely a growing company and industry. Compensation set-up has improved a lot in the last year and a half. Great group of hard-working and inspiring individuals. Strong leadership. Good benefits.

Cons

Vacation can be difficult to take. Client can often be difficult, or move at a slower pace. Not a lot of room for professional growth outside the implementation consultant > team lead track.

Consider making it easier for employees to take vacation during the Christmas/ December holidays, even if the client doesn't have that as a policy. It can be really hard for employees who are relocated to enjoy the holidays so far from home.

Stimulating and rewarding work with people I admire and respect, who've also become lifetime friends.

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

- Room to grow professionally. Don't let the lack of titles fool you. You get plenty of new responsibilities as skills develop, along with the guidance and support necessary to succeed.
    - Generous compensation and benefits reflect Fast's sincere appreciation for employees
    - Consideration given to employees and their families. I feel like Fast genuinely cares about me and my family.
    - Intelligent, dedicated coworkers, who are also people I've connected with outside work.
    - True open-door policy, not just lip service. Very easy to speak with peers and supervisors. Obviously, people are individuals so there is some variation here, but true as a general rule, and definitely true as a company philosophy.
    - Integrity. Fast employees are all about doing the right thing for clients. No bait-and-switch with our products and staff, no hidden costs in the "fine print'. I feel good about the work we do and how we do it. Clients feel the same and we have great relationships with them.
    - Perks: Many family-oriented social events, fully-paid benefits for employees and family, opportunity to travel (more and more opportunities outside the US!)

Cons

- High demand in the market for Fast products and services. Sometimes translates to smaller, less experienced teams that need to work harder. Work hours can ebb and flow, depending on how close deadlines are.
    - Clients are governments, so sometimes they are hindered by politics, protocols and personalities. It's good to look at this like challenges and puzzles that help make me a better consultant. But still, sometimes can be frustrating.

- We're growing and in demand, but be sure to keep up employee standards. If people aren't performing, or if people don't appreciate the company, their teammates, or what we're doing, just let them go.