Fatpipe Networks

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
2.1

Ragula Bhaskar

Great Company with great products with great service

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Long term stability of company and the best product in the world in its class. Company has been around since 1990. Fatpipe is great for those who like to work and make money. Great customer base - some of the best known names in the industry. Customers love the products, and have been using the products for several years. Smart management who are always finding ways to improve the company.

Cons

if you are not technically savvy, or don't want to work, or show up for work, then this is not the place. if you are not technically savvy, Fatpipe has a great technical training program. I was not technical, but the company provided the support I needed to do well.

Don't hire people who have a poor work history. if they last less than a year on every job prior to Fatpipe, chances are they will last less than a year at Fatpipe too. Hire people who want to work and make money.

I LIKE MY NEW CAREER AT FATPIPE

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like so many things. I like the fact that I get to learn new technology. I learn something new every day. I like that fact that we get to travel to our territories. The company pays for my business trips.

I like the hours. We don't work weekends.

I like the fact that I control my day. I can prospect in the morning and send emails in the afternoon.

I like the people. We all get along with each other and most people help me when I get stuck on a technology question.

Cons

It is difficult to learn the technology but eventually everyone gets it.

Advertise!

The latest review from an employee is inaccurate! The new people hate this company, they're all looking to quit.

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros here!

Cons

The CEO has 64 plaques in the main entrance, complete narcissis! Bhaskar sits over your shoulder while you work. Why would you work here, the recruiter puts up posts to make it sound good. Ask local businesses about FatPipe and they'll tell you the negative remarks. You will never make more than $60K, not a true sales position! Customer Care makes more than TM's.

Close your doors, Riverbed and Barracuda own you! The CEO has no clue on how to run a business or manage a Sales team.

Sep 12, 2014HR Manager

Naturally when people don't come to work and don't do the job they were assigned to do, and complain about everything at work and in their lives all day long, they are not able to make more than ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like recruiting for FatPipe.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a recruiter for FatPipe Networks and I am very aware of these reviews. I enjoy recruiting for FatPipe for many reasons. We are a stable company which has been in business for over 13 years. We are profitable, and growing. I like the employees and management. The product is amazing!

Cons

I honestly do not see any cons. I see amazing opportunities, great people, and a great product.

Congratulations on your success.

DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Fatpipe Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not much for this section. There are some nice people, but not many. Oh, they give you donuts on Friday.

Cons

Hmmmm. Where to begin? The recruiter is a liar. Nothing she says will happen. You will never see a commission check. Should you make a sale the CEO will figure out a way to screw you out of it. Seen it a bunch of times. This place sucks. There are 2 guys that make quota, the rest don't. Come here if you need a quick paycheck but there is no advancement here. I left after a couple of months. You will too.

Get out of the business. Either that or bring in some people who know what they are doing. There have been 3 or 4 vp's in the last couple of years who could have done things but they all left after a few months.

Sep 17, 2014RECRUITMENT

This employee worked here for less than a month

Interesting Company to work for...

Former Employee - Territory Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fatpipe Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers...very friendly-want-to-help attitude...lots of learning about their technology...

Cons

Micromanagement; misleading information regarding compensation (salary versus commissions); ZERO growth path. Did I mentioned Micromanagement?? I never dealt with a Someone looking at your computer monitor over your shoulder; nor "politely" grab you by the shoulders and guide you back to your chair if you are talking to a co-worker (it doesn't matter if it's job related)...Do not waste your time sharing ideas because you will be shut down;

STOP...Let the other people you hired do their work, stop micromanaging, instead saying NO, try once in awhile say: Yes. Great product, but do not compromise with lies and misleading information.

Very interesting company to work for.

Former Employee - Channel Business Development  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Channel Business Development in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Fatpipe Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The technology itself, the HR director, quality people on all levels be it engineering, sales, support and management.

Cons

Constant change of direction, end of quarter/month issues as to whether to be channel friendly or over discount.

You are doing a great job if your desire to remain a regional option.

Outdated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time

Pros

This is the first company I have ever worked for where there is no email traffic within the company, I am amazed if i get more than 4 internal emails per day.

Cons

No real management, the CEO, CIO, National Sales manager all trying to direct the company. The CEO is totally out of date with today's market, still trying to selling like they are the only player in the segment. Leads are old, old, old, hire a company to do your cold calling and lead generation, don't hire people off the street who have never been in a call center environment and expect results.

Adjust your pricing by 50% down to be competitive, hire a manager who knows how to run a sales floor and let them do it. Stop changing the sales management environment every 60-90 days as to who is in control. And stop the micro managing, having a sales meeting every day is a waste of time, once a week is sufficient.

Jul 21, 2014RECRUITMENT

This review is called "outdated" we would like to share the fact that we recently launched our version 7.1.1 update. This update effects our Xtreme, WARP, MPVPN, IPVPN, SUTM, and WAN Optimization ... More

GREAT COMPANY, GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT PRODUCT!

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The building is currently being remodeled, we are all very excited about that. FatPipe sends the sales team on a cruise once a year and everyone is getting very excited about that also. We just began a new incentive and rewards program and the morale and environment has changed dramatically.

Something that I hear often is how close the employees are. We laugh a lot here. We have a lot of fun. It feels more like a family than a workplace. When an employee goes through a disaster, the company rallys around them and helps them through it. This is a very tight nit group of great people.

The health, dental, and vision benefits are great.

Finally, the product is amazing. There are 9 patents on the FatPipe. There is not one single person who will disagree with that statement. When people look for sales jobs they want something that people actually want to buy. The FatPipe is an amazing product. Plus it feels like you get a mini engineering degree, because you learn so much about technology. It's exciting to learn new technology. There is never a dull moment.

Cons

Look at all of these bad reviews. It is so sad. In every training class there is that one person who is hired that should not have been hired. They are negative from the beginning.They have attendance problems, they complain all the time, make excuses as to why they can't hit their goals. These are the people who get fired. They get mad because they have to make a lot of phone calls. They get mad because they have to work. When they miss work every week for an "emergency" they are punished for it and then become bitter. The recruiter tells everyone up front how many calls are required. The required quota, and the job expectations. It is sad that people with little to no work ethic think that the world owes them something.

The people who wrote the bad reviews are previous employees for a reason. They were fired, or quit because they are quitters. I would suggest doing your own research. Come in for an interview, take a tour, read all the positive press, and realize that people rarely get online to post positive reviews. Negative people try to spread their negativity as much as they can, and as far as they can. Think for yourself. Make your own decision. FatPipe is not for everyone. Not everyone can hack it. The people who stay become part of the family.

Ignore the negative reviews, from negative people who couldn't hack it. People who still work here are relieved that they are gone.

A look from the inside

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Account Manager

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time

Pros

Great product. Development is always working to improve the product line.

Cons

I want to start by mentioning the only positive reviews you will ever find have been posted by the recruiter. Bad apples? Lazy former employees? The "accurate appraisal" was written by a top performer!
    Recruiter: God bless your soul, for you may have one of the most difficult jobs around.
    Professionalism is foreign and heavily discouraged. Policy does not exist, and precedence trumps policy every time without fail. Performers are punished for success by massively inflated quotas and no raises. Most management officials are greedy and dishonest, always looking for ways to benefit themselves at the cost of other employees. Commission percentages and residuals decrease EVERY year. Success is punished if it is not achieved the way the CEO believes it should be.
     It is sad, because this company could and should be so much more than the stagnant 15 year startup that it is. If any kind of effort were put into marketing, competitive research, talent retention, etc... fatpipe could grow substantially. The current corporate model is self destructive.

Changes must be made to corporate structure. Fatpipe has a great product, however, the obvious corporate cancers that exist must be addressed if the company is to grow and progress.

Worked for Fatpipe Networks? Contribute to the Community!