Fatpipe Networks Reviews

2.3
Ragula Bhaskar

1. I love my job

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working here it feels like a family. I am being paid more than I have ever made. We have a fun environment. They serve breakfast on Fridays. We get to go on a cruise. It is never boring. The technology is so advanced that it is hard to not learn something new every day

Cons

It's a real job. If you don't work hard you won't be successful

Advice to Management

Hire more managers. Promote some more team leads

2. I refused my wage in protest, it was so bad.

Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fatpipe Networks

Pros

Good location, great push marketing operation with lots of dialing. Great opportunity to sign a contract stipulating personal liability for posting a negative review of FatPipe Networks, Inc. on social media sites such as Glassdoor.com.

Cons

The team averages 20k sales per associate for a commission of less than a thousand dollars per year. I am bound by my employment contract not to divulge negative information about FatPipe Networks, Inc. My compliments to those who continue working there.

Advice to Management

No comment.

Don't walk.... RUN!

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are great to work with, they make the work day bearable. Bagels and donuts are provided on Fridays. My hours are awesome.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. For a "technology company" the network sure does go down frequently.. Isn't the FatPipe supposed to prevent that? There is a serious attitude problem, not only with employees but with management. If you like being micro-managed, this job is for you. There is absolutely no consistency with this company - a policy will be implemented and by the next week a new policy has replaced it. The only positive reviews on here are from the recruiter.

Advice to Management

Dr. Bhaskar needs to hire someone to clean up and organize this company or it is never going to get past the "13-Year Start Up Phase".

You can do better...this is the only company I ever walked out on

I worked at Fatpipe Networks full-time

Pros

Not very many, except that the product actually seems to work decently. The pay wasn't terrible, but really wasn't that great.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. Filthy work environment. The plumbing will break once a week and the whole building will smell like sewer very badly...no joke. No clear direction with management. People that aren't managers think they are. "Everything is gray area". Completely disorganized management, HR, and policies (or lack thereof). Literally everybody that works there is down on their job and the company. Literally ALL of the positive reviews on here are written by the in-house recruiter.

Advice to Management

There's so much wrong that they should probably just hire somebody to figure this out. But I dunno...hire some more middle managers? Develop clear office and interdepartmental policies. They are kind of doing it upstairs but the manager just treats everybody like children.

"Welcome to FatPipe--where everything is gray."

Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was very nice. Potential? I'm just trying to fill the 20 word minimum. The 20 word minimum. That's right, 20 words.

Cons

I read the other GlassDoor reviews the day that I interviewed and told the recruiter I didn't think it would be a good fit. However, she was very nice and had me role play a sales call with the CEO. They offered me $30k to start. I negotiated $40k (as the ad I responded to was for $36-40k). I didn't expect to get it--but I did. My offer letter mentioned 10% of the sale, but only 3% if the sale was discounted at all. Not a problem. I just won't discount, right? WRONG. I found out that the majority of sales are heavily discounted. The floor manager routinely said, "Would you rather have 10% of nothing or 1% of something?" SUPER motivating. After two weeks of training, we joined the salesforce on the floor, 5-6 really nice people--none of whom had made a single sale after 5 months of working there! Furthermore, we were completely forbidden from speaking to anyone on the first floor (which is where the tenured salespeople were). They had an "attitude problem" and didn't want us infected by it. ALARMING, to say the least (especially after reading the GlassDoor reviews). Every sales floor has a couple of superstars. We were introduced to them during training. THEY ARE THE EXCEPTION. A lot of the "quirks" (the floor manager routinely said, "Welcome to FatPipe--where everything is gray.") were collectively thought to be cultural. You could wear jeans, but if you ever wanted to succeed in any capacity, you might want to not wear jeans because the CEO might frown upon it. No one that I had any access to had been there for more than 6 months. None of my coworkers, not the floor manager, not the recruiter. That says a lot.

Advice to Management

Transparency. Black and white expectations. None of this "gray" BS. Is it too much to ask to want to know EXACTLY what is expected of you and EXACTLY what you'll be getting in return? I'm a salesperson. I am motivated by money. I would rather have 10% of MY sale than 1% of your hot air.

Fatpipe Networks Response

Feb 2, 2015 – RECRUITMENT

To anyone reading this review of FatPipe we have a response. When employees are hired they are told that they will have to learn engineering sales and that it will take up to a year to build a ... More

Don't waste time applying at FatPipe

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fatpipe Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None observed or expressed by management.

Cons

Negativity at this company is rampant.

Advice to Management

In my experience whenever there is a serious "attitude" problem among the ranks it can be traced back to the top person running the company. During my interview I was told that the sales floor was a disaster, that the salespeople come and go as they please, that they are rarely on the phone conducting sales and that they do not follow office policy and procedures, including office dress code. I was told that the previous two floor supervisors quit after the first month it was so bad. Mr. Bhaskar I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge in regards to the technology of your company, but it is obvious the management of your employees has been a huge failure. You need someone at your company to take charge and stop the negativity, if that requires terminations and disciplinary actions then you must make sure that happens. Do you understand the importance of leadership and example? Get it done!

Fatpipe Networks Response

Dec 2, 2014 – RECRUITMENT

The person who wrote this never worked for FatPipe. This person came in and interviewed for the Call Center Manager position. When this person did not get the position, this person emailed the ... More

Great Company with great products with great service

Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Long term stability of company and the best product in the world in its class. Company has been around since 1990. Fatpipe is great for those who like to work and make money. Great customer base - some of the best known names in the industry. Customers love the products, and have been using the products for several years. Smart management who are always finding ways to improve the company.

Cons

if you are not technically savvy, or don't want to work, or show up for work, then this is not the place. if you are not technically savvy, Fatpipe has a great technical training program. I was not technical, but the company provided the support I needed to do well.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people who have a poor work history. if they last less than a year on every job prior to Fatpipe, chances are they will last less than a year at Fatpipe too. Hire people who want to work and make money.

I LIKE MY NEW CAREER AT FATPIPE

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like so many things. I like the fact that I get to learn new technology. I learn something new every day. I like that fact that we get to travel to our territories. The company pays for my business trips. I like the hours. We don't work weekends. I like the fact that I control my day. I can prospect in the morning and send emails in the afternoon. I like the people. We all get along with each other and most people help me when I get stuck on a technology question.

Cons

It is difficult to learn the technology but eventually everyone gets it.

Advice to Management

Advertise!

I like recruiting for FatPipe.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fatpipe Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a recruiter for FatPipe Networks and I am very aware of these reviews. I enjoy recruiting for FatPipe for many reasons. We are a stable company which has been in business for over 13 years. We are profitable, and growing. I like the employees and management. The product is amazing!

Cons

I honestly do not see any cons. I see amazing opportunities, great people, and a great product.

Advice to Management

Congratulations on your success.

Interesting Company to work for...

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fatpipe Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers...very friendly-want-to-help attitude...lots of learning about their technology...

Cons

Micromanagement; misleading information regarding compensation (salary versus commissions); ZERO growth path. Did I mentioned Micromanagement?? I never dealt with a Someone looking at your computer monitor over your shoulder; nor "politely" grab you by the shoulders and guide you back to your chair if you are talking to a co-worker (it doesn't matter if it's job related)...Do not waste your time sharing ideas because you will be shut down;

Advice to Management

STOP...Let the other people you hired do their work, stop micromanaging, instead saying NO, try once in awhile say: Yes. Great product, but do not compromise with lies and misleading information.

RSS Feed </> Embed