Fats Reviews

Richard Haddad

1. Contracts Administrator

Former Employee - Contracts Administrator II in Conyers, GA
    Former Employee - Contracts Administrator II in Conyers, GA

I worked at Fats full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Industry Experience..good training. Will gain great career experience

Cons

Pay ...Family work balance.. High stress environment

2. truly challenging environment

I have been working at Fats full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with very good people, work on interesting projects, work with people within US and international communities

Cons

too many chiefs (even minor ones) and not enough Indians. impossible to maintain work/personal life balance and have any hope of success. Often subject matter experts get promoted and then prove they aren't adept managers

Advice to Management

don't be so willing to implement new process/procedure, fix the problems by fully implementing and following current processes.

3. Stay away, life is too short

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Suwanee, GA
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Fats as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Tough to say. The gym is nice. Because of drastic security the place has to close after 7pm so they will not ask you to stay late.

Cons

I quit after 7 months, I just could not stand it. This is a place that will make you feel like you are just another monkey in a cubicle. The software department is a total mess. Half people there are very old-school with very outdated skills (they got into .NET in 2011), most of them have been there for over a decade and could not work any place else, the other half are contractors and subcontractors that are just thrown in poorly defined and planned projects as the need arise. The place is extremely political and badly managed, lots of layers of management, the development process is laughable, over half your time will be spent in MS word. I am sure you will find people still using computers with floppy disks if you look hard enough in there.

5. Seems like it's the same ol, same ol.

Former Employee - Whipping Boy in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Whipping Boy in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Fats full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool product and you get to work with military and police units world wide. Had good benefits as FATS, don't know about Meggitt. I got out before Meggitt took over...

Cons

Horrible, Horrible compensation. Iffy managers who do not want anyone who will speak their mind. They would rather have people who will float along and not disrupt the status quo. They hire former military people because they want them to be a contact so they can sell to that unit or branch, not because they are the best for the culture of the company. If that is the case, make them a PM for the specific branch within that project, not a manager of a division of the company.

6. DO NOT WORK HERE!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Fats

Pros

Work is interesting but this is offset by the lack of good managers. The majority of employees are great to work with but they have been there for 18+ years so they are a very tight family ("click").

Cons

I read a bad review about Meggitt Training Systems (FATS) but it was several years ago. I thought things would have been better by now so I gave them a chance. Unfortunately, Meggitt continues to have serious, serious problems with incompetent managers. Managers do not meet customer requirements. Managers do not correctly estimate tasks or schedules. Massive overtime is required to meet unrealistic schedules. Managers do not communicate well with employees. Managers are abusive when employees fail to achieve unrealistic schedules. The internal politics is the worst that I have ever seen in any company. 30% of all management effort is spent on covering their failures. Bottom line: I would not want my worst enemy to work at Meggitt.

Advice to Management

The Board of Directors needs to clean house. Too many bad managers and too many layers of management. The majority of employees have skills which are outdated. The company simply needs new blood to continue and be competitive.

7. Don't work here. don't let anyone you know work here either.

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Fats

Pros

There isn't one. Nope nothing good to say about them at all (they're called Meggitt Training Systems now)

Cons

The management is incompetent. They're badly run, they'll probably go under in a few years

Advice to Management

Quit. Hopefully someone more competent will be hired to take your place. If not that, think about more than your little fiefdom, and try to figure out how to solve REAL PROBLEMS in a sustainable and long-term manner. Cause as it stands now, nothing gets done.

RSS Feed </> Embed