Faurecia Exhaust Systems Reviews

2.9
Mark Stidham

Not too bad

Current Employee - Production in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Faurecia Exhaust Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

steady work cool people easy job depending on the line

Cons

really political gets really hot never know how many hours youre working in a day

Advice to Management

Not a well managed company.

Pros

Close to home with good benefits.

Cons

Poor training and lack of direction.

Advice to Management

Better training for new employee in the office.

Working in the auto industry for thirty years, and then working for this company for ten months; I just walked away.

Former Employee - Welder in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Welder in Toledo, OH

I worked at Faurecia Exhaust Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The wage was great, I was able to pay-off much of my debt. The benefits were normal for a supplier of the auto industry. If you'er just starting as a welder it's good for the resume.

Cons

The Supervisors were not educated professionals, rather general labor moved up to the next position. Training new guy(s) on the fly and still expected to meet daily quotes. The company hired a welder they let go a few years earlier and had to let him go, again(December 2014). Need to do better back round checks and a whole lot of drug testing. If you like your Friday, Saturday, and Sundays off, this is not the place for you. In My opinion.

Advice to Management

Hire supervisors with the education and skills to manage (micro-manage) the work force, spend the money, it may just curb the turn-over and able to keep the skilled labor to reduce your overtime.

5. Dysfunctional

Current Employee - Material Handler in Franklin, OH
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Franklin, OH

I have been working at Faurecia Exhaust Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can get alot of overtime

Cons

Working to much overtime can hurt your family life.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

6. A frustrating, exhausting growth experience

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Faurecia Exhaust Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of autonomy, you can "shine your stone" realtively easily if you are willing to put the 60-80hours/week in. large company, you can grow through different business units. International experience if you want it.

Cons

Long hours, sporadic talent, high turn over, long hours, can be very frustrating and exhausting moreso than "normal jobs"

Advice to Management

Move exhaust headquarters closer to Michigan and hire better talent

7. A vast difference between what once was and now is.

Current Employee - PC&L Forklift in Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - PC&L Forklift in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Faurecia Exhaust Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is decent, especially for those with only a High School education. There are avenues for advancement, even for the under educated.

Cons

I'm afraid that the only pro I could think of will come to an end next March when our Union contract expires. The French are not too friendly with organized labor. We are the largest plant within the Faurecia system, and also are the highest paid. I feel Management will be misleading, distrustful, conniving, and deceitful. When we were owned by Arvin, there were about 600 employees working 2 shifts. Parking was never a problem, there was a fantastic incentive program. Management was open to suggestions concerning manufacturing processes, safety, and various other concerns of employees. We had an open house every year. Arvin was VERY family oriented. Faurecia treats you with suspicion and malice. They have increased security exponentially, making everyone feeling like they are suspect of being a thief. Cameras are everywhere. Security looks in your lunch box, your purse... everything. There is no thievery. It's POOR inventory control, and we all know it. Health, Safety, and Environment makes every life in the plant miserable. Lord, I miss Arvin. .. A few years ago, we won the Shingo Prize; the Nobel prize for Manufacturing. How can we go from the top of the heap to the bottom rung of manufacturing so quickly ??

Advice to Management

Quarterly *All Employee Meetings*. Now the Doug Cooper is in the driver's seat, a true Arvin man, I'm confident the he will lead us back to greatness, starting with the return of the coveted "Q-1" flag. Doug NEEDS to have a "hotline" to either his voice mail or his e mail. It's imperative to have your finger on the pulse of the floor workers. Micromanagers need to hit the door. I HATE it. I've been there nearly 20 years; I KNOW what I'm doing. Rely on the wisdom & experience of your senior floor workers, without reservation.

8. Good company but lacks in conveying vision to employees

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Faurecia Exhaust Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of good people to work with. Flexible in regards to scheduling.

Cons

Not enough common sense among key business leaders. Poor decisions.

Advice to Management

Convey vision and get people involved.

9. I have had a really good working experience with Faurecia.

Current Employee - Production in Columbus, IN

Pros

The compensation is really well. I enjoy working with my fellow employees, and everyone is so easy to get along with.

Cons

Some of the downsides to working at Faurecia is I have been working alot of overtime. I work 7 days a week. Even though the pay is good but don't have time to spend it.

Advice to Management

Some advice I would give to manangement is to do random drug testing to all of its employees and to keep a better eye on everyone.

10. Great

Current Employee - PC&L Hi-lo Driver in Fraser, MI
    Current Employee - PC&L Hi-lo Driver in Fraser, MI

Pros

great work environment , clean, people don't look down on you. more equal then not. Opportunities are always popping up.

Cons

when some of the workers get promoted to gap leader they get lazy and think they dont have to work as hard. if i was gab leader i would work harder and make sure no lines go down even if i had to help the others on there lines..

Advice to Management

make me gab leader of pc&l receiving. lol

11. Good with hours 40 hours a week plus overtime, heavy turnover rate, easy work, bad supervisory staff.

Former Employee - Trimmer in Fraser, MI
    Former Employee - Trimmer in Fraser, MI

Pros

Full time hours and overtime weren't a problem at all.

Cons

No one tells you if you are doing well, but always tell you if you are not. Supervisors have favorites and they show it. People are always coming and going, heavy turnover every week. They hire alot of contractors and then during an audit, pretend that they are equal and fair and everyone works directly for the company. Contractors are singled out, get paid less, and can only receive time and a half for overtime. No Dbl time on Sunday. No benefits. Have to work 6 months before even being considered for full time hire.

Advice to Management

I just say evaluate company employees because many contractors actually love and appreciate their jobs. When staff treat workers poorly, it makes the workers act out. I was made uncomfortable by my supervisor's assisant.

RSS Feed </> Embed