Favorite Healthcare Staffing

Updated August 31, 2014
Updated August 31, 2014
4.2

Kathy Perry

Great Company to work with and for!

Current Employee - Branch Director
    Current Employee - Branch Director

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Wonderful people to work with and that is from the branch level to the corporate end. Ample opportunities to expand and grow. Appreciation is shown for your efforts and capabilities. Flexibility and good benefits. Everyone is assessable and that is from the President and straight down. People are valued and opinions are listened to and appreciated.

Cons

Sometimes at the branch level it is too short handed and the work load becomes very stressful. Could have a more standarized system to award base pay increases on a yearly basis although I do believe they are working on that. Other than that I can not really think of anything. The Pros definately outweigh the Cons

Strong Management team...all on the same page so just continue on that path.

A convenient way to work part time or on an as-needasis in quality heed balthcare-related organizatioons

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You can work when you want to, flexible sch.eduling, etc

Cons

Can't always work when you want to or set a minimum number of hours of work or per week. Cancellation policy often results in last minute calls for assignments for jobs previously assigned to you, due to less expensive substitution by hospital RNs willing to work for less than Favorite Healthcare Staffing rates.

Increased stability and more definitive commitments. By their very nature you count on a commitment as being an assignment to be honored, not a reservation unless they can identify a less expensive solution for as late as an hour or two before an assignment. was to begin.

They have a lot of good contracts

I worked at Favorite Healthcare Staffing part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They pay well. They have a lot of contracts.

Cons

They do not offer same day pay. Cancellation rate is high.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RN at Favorite

Current Employee - Contracted/PRN RN  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Contracted/PRN RN in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Good source of temporary work.

Cons

flexibility can be over rated

Get Organized! offer incentives like healthcare benefits to employees without contracts working 30-32 hours weekly, Offer consistant opportunities nationwide.

Schedule to work when you want to

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Favorite Healthcare Staffing as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Self schedule, but hey have a lot of cancelled shifts.

Cons

No real compensation. Lots of confusion/disorganized.

Local office very disorganized. Have worked for company in different cities and was always kept busy. Could work 7 days a week in Houston!! Here the office is very disorganized-you walk in and there are papers and folders all over the place incl piled up on the floor. Think they need more help??

Favorite is the perfect description - It's a great place to work!

Current Employee - Branch Director  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Branch Director in Overland Park, KS

Pros

It's a people-centric company - focused on employees, clients and quality service. Favorite is high integrity in every phase of business. I'm proud to be part of the organization and all that we represent within the industry. Great people to work with - Fair and generous compensation - Great benefits. The most important perk, though, is that it's fun to work here. It's a family - funny, unique, caring and high caliber.

Cons

It's easy to work too many hours - because you care about everything going on - and the people that could be impacted. The corporate, branch and operation center employees are highly committed, they all tend to go above and beyond when required - sometimes the life-balance gets a little skewed.

Just keep it up! Great place to work! Great environment. Ongoing opportunities for success!

Great company culture!!

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance, great people to work with, fun and encouraging work environment, department and branches work as a team, leadership is always pushing you to create new goals, training programs, always learning and growing. Encourages employees to be involved in the community. I love my Favorite Family!

Cons

More pros than cons but like any job, it can overwhelming and stressful at times.

Keep up the postive attitude/work enviroment.

I love working at Favorite because of the positive, exciting, friendly, hard working work environment.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love my coworkers. Everyone has helped me learn so much about this industry. I am never afraid to ask questions. Everyone is really rewarded for their hard work. Everyone has responsibilties and is treated like an equal.

Cons

This was just a completely new career for me so it has taken me some time to get the ball rolling.

Working for Favorite Healthcare Staffing has been an amazing experience.

Current Employee - Intern for Travel  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Intern for Travel in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I have been working as an Intern at Favorite since May of 2013. I have been presented with multiple opportunites to learn and grow in my position. The other staff that I have worked with have been amazing and I am extremely greatful for being able to work for this company as long as I have.

Cons

None. This is an amazing company and I have nothing to complain about.

None.

Portland, Oregon office is the best!!

Current Employee - Per Diem RN  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Per Diem RN in Portland, OR

Pros

Flexibility, pay, good communication, no drama, lots of work!

Cons

I don't get to see the in person much!

Consider bonuses :)

Worked for Favorite Healthcare Staffing? Contribute to the Community!