Favorite Healthcare Staffing

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
4.3

Kathy Perry

One of the best decisions I've made...

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing corporate resources: Travel Dept, Allied Dept, HR, Marketing Dept, Payroll, Accounting, Upper Management, Quality Assurance, Direct Hire, Help Desk, National Operations Center... So important in a national company to have resources available immediately! Amazing local branches; I can always reach out to other branches for assistance & they're always incredibly helpful. Great inner office team--wouldn't trade it for anything. One of the best decisions I've ever made was joining the Favorite Healthcare Staffing Team. It's team work from beginning to end if you're willing to put in your best efforts as well.

Cons

Sorry, I don't have any Cons ;-)

Keep doing what you're doing! I really appreciate the level of availability and accessibility!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Corporate in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Corporate in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been with Favorite Healthcare in the Corporate office for over 2 years. This is a great place to learn and grow; you're always being offered opportunities to learn through conferences and training sessions. There is a good work-life balance, with the exception of during special projects. Great coworkers and upper Management; every is very approachable, helpful, and fun. You work very hard here - this is not a "watch the clock" type of job, which I like!

Cons

Archaic paper timesheet system used for Temporary Professionals; I think moving to a computer-based system where the Temporary Professional's onsite supervisor approves the time would be a good idea. There's too much room for error with the paper timesheets.

Upper Management is very approachable! I always feel comfortable asking for assistance.

A convenient way to work part time or on an as-needasis in quality heed balthcare-related organizatioons

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

You can work when you want to, flexible sch.eduling, etc

Cons

Can't always work when you want to or set a minimum number of hours of work or per week. Cancellation policy often results in last minute calls for assignments for jobs previously assigned to you, due to less expensive substitution by hospital RNs willing to work for less than Favorite Healthcare Staffing rates.

Increased stability and more definitive commitments. By their very nature you count on a commitment as being an assignment to be honored, not a reservation unless they can identify a less expensive solution for as late as an hour or two before an assignment. was to begin.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing Response

Oct 7, 2014President

Thank you for your feedback, it’s very important and helpful to us! We strive to offer flexible, constant and rewarding work to our wonderful healthcare providers.

Per diem business is very
    ... More

They have a lot of good contracts

I worked at Favorite Healthcare Staffing part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They pay well. They have a lot of contracts.

Cons

They do not offer same day pay. Cancellation rate is high.

RN at Favorite

Current Employee - Contracted/PRN RN in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Contracted/PRN RN in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good source of temporary work.

Cons

flexibility can be over rated

Get Organized! offer incentives like healthcare benefits to employees without contracts working 30-32 hours weekly, Offer consistant opportunities nationwide.

Great Company to work with and for!

Current Employee - Branch Director
    Current Employee - Branch Director

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful people to work with and that is from the branch level to the corporate end. Ample opportunities to expand and grow. Appreciation is shown for your efforts and capabilities. Flexibility and good benefits. Everyone is assessable and that is from the President and straight down. People are valued and opinions are listened to and appreciated.

Cons

Sometimes at the branch level it is too short handed and the work load becomes very stressful. Could have a more standarized system to award base pay increases on a yearly basis although I do believe they are working on that. Other than that I can not really think of anything. The Pros definately outweigh the Cons

Strong Management team...all on the same page so just continue on that path.

Schedule to work when you want to

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Favorite Healthcare Staffing as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Self schedule, but hey have a lot of cancelled shifts.

Cons

No real compensation. Lots of confusion/disorganized.

Local office very disorganized. Have worked for company in different cities and was always kept busy. Could work 7 days a week in Houston!! Here the office is very disorganized-you walk in and there are papers and folders all over the place incl piled up on the floor. Think they need more help??

Favorite is the perfect description - It's a great place to work!

Current Employee - Branch Director in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Branch Director in Overland Park, KS

Pros

It's a people-centric company - focused on employees, clients and quality service. Favorite is high integrity in every phase of business. I'm proud to be part of the organization and all that we represent within the industry. Great people to work with - Fair and generous compensation - Great benefits. The most important perk, though, is that it's fun to work here. It's a family - funny, unique, caring and high caliber.

Cons

It's easy to work too many hours - because you care about everything going on - and the people that could be impacted. The corporate, branch and operation center employees are highly committed, they all tend to go above and beyond when required - sometimes the life-balance gets a little skewed.

Just keep it up! Great place to work! Great environment. Ongoing opportunities for success!

Great company culture!!

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

Work/life balance, great people to work with, fun and encouraging work environment, department and branches work as a team, leadership is always pushing you to create new goals, training programs, always learning and growing. Encourages employees to be involved in the community. I love my Favorite Family!

Cons

More pros than cons but like any job, it can overwhelming and stressful at times.

Keep up the postive attitude/work enviroment.

I love working at Favorite because of the positive, exciting, friendly, hard working work environment.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love my coworkers. Everyone has helped me learn so much about this industry. I am never afraid to ask questions. Everyone is really rewarded for their hard work. Everyone has responsibilties and is treated like an equal.

Cons

This was just a completely new career for me so it has taken me some time to get the ball rolling.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing Photos