FedBid Reviews

Dynamic, Challenging, Going Places

Current Employee - Quality Assurance  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Vienna, VA

I have been working at FedBid full-time

Pros

FedBid is a great company for those looking to get their start in business, and for those who have had experience in professional environments elsewhere. The perks offered are unmatched by many companies in the area (free breakfast and lunch, frequent morale boosting events, CASUAL ATTIRE) and the senior management actually practices the 'open door' policy so many tout. Good ideas a recognized and put into place, and you don't have to have a high title to really make a difference. The leadership is very good about listening to ideas and giving people the opportunity to grow and develop their skills.

Cons

Not ideal for everyone. Some people are not satisfied with the desk-job environment. The company does a lot to make the environment engaging, but the 9-5 life doesn't work for everyone.
    Competitive. The internship program, where most of the operations team comes from, is rather competitive. Only the best make it through, which is stressful.

Keep the fun rolling! We usually make a big morale push in the crazy summer months, but that same enthusiasm and employee care would be greatly appreciated in the colder months as well. Cross-departmental team building activities (maybe paintball or high-ropes) would go a long way in building a stronger ops force.

Market Specialist

I worked at FedBid full-time

Pros

Good training program and an educational experience for the recent graduate. They offer food throughout the day and the upper management is very helpful.

Cons

Mid level management is very micromanaging and the work is repetitive and generally tedious. Not a place I wanted to stay for very long.

Great experience worthy of a positive review

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at FedBid full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came into this company, as an intern, fresh out of college without any business/financial experience. FedBid provided interactive training and allowed me to implement these skills in daily operations to the point where I was promoted to an Account Manager. Whether you studied English, Business, or even Psychology, FedBid is one of those rare companies that accepts individuals from all types of backgrounds. The innovative training and consistent mentor-ship that takes place during an employee's tenure will not only prepare one-self to take on their role but, will enhance overall performance throughout their career. With any company, the core values upon which an institution is found upon are crucial to their business application. FedBid exhumes efficiency, diligence, and support for their clients as well as providing growth for their employees. The board members and executive staff are not only present with day-to-day operations of each department, they are always willing to take a moment to convey ideas and past experiences to help foster each employee, no matter their title. In regards to employee benefits, FedBid offers generous compensations in the form of gym membership, 401K, and medical/dental. Moreover, the company also provides free catering and social events during the months of August/September to boost morale. One can never put a price on free food.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind as of right now.

My advice to management would be to continue the "open door" policy that takes place everyday. The knowledge and experience an individual can gain from these interactions its extremely beneficial.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

FedBid is a great place to work!

I have been working at FedBid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I started at FedBid I was very "green" and right out of college, I wasn't quite ready for the working world. FedBid kept me because I always generated results even though I was rough around the edges. They took a chance on me and I have continued to make the most of that opportunity.

FedBid provides young people early opportunity to be leaders. Whether it be as a team lead, running/coordinating meetings, or other various initiatives. The professional growth I have taken year after year is directly related to the management around me and how the company is structured (through a competitive environment).

I plan to stay at FedBid, but I know that I will be successful throughout my working career based on what I have learned/experienced during my time with this company.

Cons

This is a young company that asks a lot from its employees. It is hard work and takes dedicated effort and is a "constant hurry up and wait", given that we work primarily with the gov't (in various time zones). Although I am able to balance the work level, I can see how some may be overwhelmed with how much work and time is asked of an employee.

Continue to invest in your workforce and product.

Upward Mobility

Current Employee - Management  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Management in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at FedBid full-time

Pros

Hard work and smart ideas pay off at FedBid in the form of Promotions. I have been able to move up through the organization relatively quickly with Hard/Smart work and new ideas to improve the business. Relaxed culture regarding what you are able to wear to work everyday. Everyone mentions the free lunches as well as breakfast and dinner in busy season. Management is relatively friendly and does participate in majority of the morale boosting events. (Ice cream float day, Ice cream trucks, serving lunch to employees thanking them for the work they are doing)

Cons

Being in the operations role, it is tough to take time off during the months of June through September due to company workload. A good amount of Meetings happen throughout the day which can make it tough to get to emails which can require after normal hours work. Work Life Balance.

Build a better network of Former employees. There are a lot of great stories out there and some of the former employees are doing very well for themselves after the experience they gained through FedBid. Figure out how to embrace that and highlight the success of former employees.

FedBid has been a great opportunity to grow within my position and gain skills I had not utilized in my previous jobs.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at FedBid full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the culture of the work place. There is a lot of opportunity to move up and around in other departments. The company tries to keep the work environment fun and accommodating while having a strong focus on quality of work. It is a relatively 'young' office so it is easy to relate to your coworkers and keeps the office fun.

Cons

There could be more transparency from upper management to the rest of the company. There are times where there are situations or decisions that are made and strictly kept under wraps until it is announced and then others are expected to quickly adapt with little to no notice. While there is opportunity to move up quickly, people move out quickly as well. You don't see many employees stay more than a couple to few years before moving on creating a lot of work to train new individuals at the last minute as well as creating a low retention rate.

Come up with ways to keep people at FedBid longer, whether increase the pay or other tactics. Also feel there is an unspoken expectation to be committed to work outside of work hours once in a leadership position. It would be nice to have more of a divide from work/personal time.

Review

I have been working at FedBid as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They have a decent amount of free food, which offsets the slightly lower pay. Overall still a pretty good rate for an intern position. Generally flexible if you need time off or switching shifts. Good networking place as well.

Cons

The place overall is very "clicky". If you are an intern you will probably have a hard time talking to/ or getting to know most of your peers and supervisors. You do not find out if you have a job or not until the week before it is over.

The mentor program so far is a decent idea. It helps to connect with some of the upper crust a bit more. It also provides some good life/ career tips. It would be super helpful to know whether or not we will be offered a full time position sooner than a week before then end of the internship. This information would be helpful at least 2- 4 weeks before hand.

What I do Matters

I have been working at FedBid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlike a large or bureaucratic organization, regardless of someone's level, the direct line between his/her actions and the achievement of a goal is obvious. It results in a rewarding experience for all - knowing something 'I' did was the reason 'we' succeeded.

Cons

Understanding our target market and knowing how to effectively communicate with its members/leaders takes time - and those who proactively learn about both will succeed. Like every company out there, individuals who put in the extra time and effort to grow their knowledge base of their environment will excel. Being good at the functions of your job is expected; discovering new ways to deliver what the client needs and adding value to group discussions exceeds that and gets leadership's attention. Those who step outside of the functions of their job and see the 'forest for the trees' continually succeed here.

Continue to provide professional development programs and individual performance opportunities

Great place to start, they treat their employees well

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at FedBid full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great people work here, friendly, fun, young
    -Decent entry level pay, good benefits
    -Opportunity to grow
    -Free breakfast and lunches

Cons

-Boring business, for me
    -VPs at the top, children at the bottom, needs a middle
    -Busy season is horrible

Pay your employees more Id say. Reward the people that have earned it. Company values are fantastic I think however, not much else to say.

Great place to start and continue career (if decide too)

I have been working at FedBid

Pros

Gain Experience- Depending on what you are looking for, FedBid is a great place to learn about the government contracting industry or just get your foot in the door for general business experience, straight out of college. After a year or two there are opportunities to move up in the company, and if you truly enjoy the company and work hard you are able to move up to higher positions, i.e. Director.

Perks-refreshments provided with lunch bar, free parking (near new silver line), metro may be expensed (in certain circumstances), Washington Wizards/ Capitals/Nats Tickets.

People-A lot of great young people, and management is also full of first-class folks.

Compensation-fair for entry level

Cons

Office Culture can either be a pro or con. Recently, it has gotten a little more laid back where employees can wear jeans. This can be a great perk, but sometimes seems to take awar from the professional atmosphere.

Crowded- The company grows every year which is great, but it's starting to seem a bit crowded in the workplace. The open style desks can be distracting.

I would like to see more updates on how the company is doing and where the company's focus is going. Perhaps quarterly 'All Hands' Meetings. I think this would show focus and let folks know what is important for the company. The internship is a great program for young people to get started.

Worked for FedBid? Contribute to the Community!