FedEx

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.6 1,061 reviews

FedEx Chairman, President, and CEO Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Pros
  • Depending on which area you work in, there's decent work life balance(in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits which are offered to all employees (full & part time)(in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is fairly good except during "peak" times(in 21 reviews)

• Heavy responsibilities may require long hours, stressful environment(in 27 reviews)

1,061 Employee Reviews

Great experience

Package Handler (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA

Prospaid me to work out

ConsIt was hot during the summer

Advice to Senior ManagementAir conditioning

it was koo

Package Handler (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosthe benefits along with the pay make it desirable as a part time job

ConsWorking during the night can negatively affect person life

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Great family oriented place to work!

Senior Business Applications Analyst (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsWork-life balance is great. Management listens to your ideas and the company is constantly in a growth mode.

ConsYearly raises and bonuses have begun to dwindle.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Benefits, Decent Pay

PM Courier (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsGood Health insurance coverage and price. About $400/mo for Kaiser, dental and vision for family coverage.
    Pretty good compensation for the work. Chances for advancement, if you have a flexible schedule. Ability to transfer to different locations. Advancement seems to have slowed down, due to FedEx being a mature company, and slowing of business. There do seem to be a lot of people that have been there 20-25 years, so there may be better chances of advancement in the near future. Good place for people without a degree to make an okay living. Good for people looking for part-time and benefits. Company has matching 401k and pension plan.

ConsCan be difficult scheduling vacations, days off. Having to work holidays. Varied schedule. Vacations needs to be scheduled a year in advance and taken in 5 day blocks, which makes it difficult to schedule days off if you have kids involved in activities you want to go to. Time off is based on availability and seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore flexibility in use of vacation and personal days.

Wonderful Job

Courier/Customer Agent (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat Benefits, co-workers were amazing. The mix of technology and customer service were the perfect blend to make all of our customers happy.

ConsThe amount of work you have to do when covering for another is hard to provide what we promise.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only concern was not enough time to be the best customer service company period. Sometimes the amount of staff working at the same time could of been one or two more people to provide that extra edge.

Challenging and physically demanding job with decent compensation.

Package Handler Part-time (Former Employee) Lewisberry, PA

ProsThe physical and fast-paced work environment really push you, and the coworkers there are helpful and friendly. Although repetitive, it does not take long to learn how everything works.

ConsThe hours are minimal even if the hourly compensation is relatively high per hour. repetitive work can become mind-numbing.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more hours, maybe have airconditioning in the facility as it gets unbearably hot during the summer months. Or have scheduled breaks for water.

java developer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood in understanding corporate environment.

ConsLittle bit more unnecessary meetings

Professionalism of Managers

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI believe in the company's overall mission and values.

ConsManagers must be managers and not full time package handlers. Managers need more training (people skills)
    At the end of the day, you're so tired it is unreal.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper managers need to understand the everyday issues of their facilities. Managers need to be managers and not package handlers. Their is no distension between managers and package handlers. We are filthy at the end of the day and work with less than required staffing due to 125% turnover. There is no life after work because you are worn down. The bottom line is not everything. Treat people right ( not like cattle) and the dividend will be greater.

oracle dba

Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI was hired as a contractor.

ConsRAC with ASM , dataguard and migrations

Advice to Senior ManagementWas a good learning curve for my carrier and managing the work load

Good company, but very few options to move up.

Package Handler (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsFast paced work environment, with a fun friendly atmosphere.

ConsWith in last year or so with good management and hardworking employees our building increased its productivity by at least 50 percent and we have not been given a raise or acknowledged by region for what we have accomplished.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!