FedEx Freight

Be The First To
Add Photos

FedEx Freight President & CEO William J. Logue

William J. Logue

Pros:
  • "Decent pay and benefits weekends off and most holidays"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Good pay and benefits as well as opportunities for advancement and even relocation if so desired"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance if your spouse children work or go to school during the day like normal ppl"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Plus, they expect you to work long hours without help"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

So far so good

Middletown, PA

ProsStarting pay/benefits, schedule, fairly fast paced, I was told you get a raise every three months, but haven't worked there long enough to verify.

ConsGets monotonous quickly, come out of work looking something like a coalminer (kind of).

Like a Sorority at my location.

Indianapolis, IN

ProsPay: if you are just joining the work force. Benefits, but premiums going up in 2014.

ConsSupervisors in my dept. act like a bunch of sorority girls and don't know how to manage. Very unprofessional. Supervisors are friends with certain co works and if you are not one of those friends then anything you tell that supervisor they are going to tell those co-workers. Co workers can run circles around Management. No planning at all for volume. If we are busy and short staffed supervisors don't stay and help and just expect you to get the work done; along with running end of shift reports which is what they are supposed to be doing. If the work is not done better believe their will be a preshift meeting the next day. Since I have been working there we have lost six people in a short amount of time. Turn over in my dept is extremely high.

Hours: You have to clock out before you hit your sixth hour or you will be written up; Hours are tracked heavily by Management.

No bonus for regular employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike it would matter!

It was an adventure.

Road Driver (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, TX

ProsPay is great for a driver

ConsDisgruntled and under payed supervisors, long work hours(depending on the run), Having to work the dock. Working nights (depending on you seniority and center{not all have day runs available})

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up we are all in this together

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work while attending college.

Fort Worth, TX

ProsPay is great, hard work is acknowledged and rewarded, also very flexible with the college students schedule. A perfect place to work if your looking for a part time job.

ConsWork can be physically demanding from time to time, and the work environment is also very dirty. The worst thing though is during the winter time business starts to slow down so your hours may be cut drastically

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer to new-hires.

overalll good experience. cutbacks from full time to part time due to economy

City Driver (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Prospay was good.
    training was good
    worked with you on days needed off.

Conscity drivers work nights starting off
    staggered start times and didn't ever know how long work day would be

Advice to Senior Managementoccasionally recognize all employees for hard work and a job well done.

I have been satisfied working at FedEx Freight.

Dock Worker (Current Employee)

ProsThe people, good hourly pay, benefits, tuition assistance

ConsWorking early in the morning and sometimes not a lot of hours to go around

good company to work for

Prostreat employees fair lots of training

Consno complaints there is ups and downs but very satisfied overall

Losing the focus with growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPretty good benefits, and decent pay. Lots of reorganization giving opportunities. At times, forgiving and compassionate leaders.

ConsLosing sight of the importance of people. There are a lot of people that have great ideas, however most of them are afraid to say anything or don't feel there is a point.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seems to be a lot of cliques in the offices. I think some departments could use a formal progression (office departments, not counting docks/drivers, etc.).

Silence is Golden

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    South Houston, TX

ProsWeekday work, off on weekends, steady work, ok pay the longer you are ABLE to stay (to keep your job), you can really learn a great deal if you take the initiative. Make the money, don't let friends make you unless, the money is your friend! Stay far away from office Politics, document everything, and remember SILENCE IS GOLDEN.

Conssilence...plenty. Good luck and keep your resume updated and ready.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the worker as you would want to be treated. Although one can understand, that it is a dirty job and someone has to do it.

FedEx Freight is a professionally run organization.

City Driver (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent pay and benefits. Good vacation schedule that is easy to manage as far as needing time off and taking it in smaller increments. Equipment is also well maintained with the exception of some of the older trailers.

ConsTargets and goals constantly changing from top down. Drivers as well as Supervisors and Dispatchers constantly have to readjust their "plans of attack" based on the ever changing performance demands.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccept more of the "valid" driver input. Those guys have spent decades in the trenches and know how to run their routes efficiently based on the geographic and customer demands. Enforce better execution by the dock workers of the load planning as far as correctly loading trailers is concerned. Given the performance pressure that the drivers carry, they need to be positioned every day to be able to unload their deliveries as fluidly as possible. The drivers' performances just about solely hinge on the way their trailers are coordinated and loaded. Supervisor planning is only as good as the execution.

Worked for FedEx Freight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FedEx Freight reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FedEx Freight CEO William J. Logue. All 134 reviews posted anonymously by FedEx Freight employees.