FedEx Freight East

FedEx Freight Dock Associate

Current Employee - Supplemental Dock in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Supplemental Dock in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at FedEx Freight East

Pros

flexible and will work with your schedule most of the time, Great pay for the work, very lax environment, easy tasks, great people

Cons

weather, limited upward movement for intelligent people, take advantage of strengths

Bring in competent managers and not just the first person who you know will not ever be offered a better job and therefore won't leave the company. That type of retention policy is cannibalistic to the company.

Boring days. Working like a back yard mechanic. Getting spoken to like a kid

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at FedEx Freight East

Pros

Good benefits. Getting off at 3:30pm

Cons

Working like a back yard mechanic. Dirty shop. Small shop. No shop tools. Getting treated like a child

Company Doesn't Care You Can Be Replaced

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at FedEx Freight East full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you were good at your job you could create shorter days for yourself. 401K matched 3% and yearly bonus

Cons

Upper management didn't care about Supervisors, even if they did a great job they would fire you instead of working with you.

When you have a good Supervisor you should try to keep them.

Sneaky scumbags

I worked at FedEx Freight East

Pros

Decent equipment, decent uniform allowance.

Cons

Backstabbing,cut throat supervisors and management. Talk out of both sides of their face, let me tell u folks, people will throw u under the bus in a heartbeat in this company to get ahead. there are plenty of little brown nosers and butt kissers that are lazy and can't do their job but will try to screw you to the wall to get ahead and get your seniority slot. you have dishonesty and corruption within this company from the top to the bottom from senior management CEOs HR representatives terminal managers supervisors all the way down.and this is 100% fact I am NOT fabricating one single word.I could go on and on and on about this company I put seven years in and got screwed in the endjust be prepared if you go aboard get your nose nice and brown and you might get somewhere eventually.

advice for management well learn how to manage cuz you are clueless individualsEverybody's job is threatened everyday including managers with this nonsense. System right up since like kindergarten working for this company.

dock worker

Former Employee - Dock Worker in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Dock Worker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at FedEx Freight East (less than an year)

Pros

fast paced environment, reasonable expectations from upper management...

Cons

dangerous working environment during winter months...

Excellent company to work for vision on the future while meeting the demands of today.

Current Employee - Fleet Maintenance Manager in Conley, GA
    Current Employee - Fleet Maintenance Manager in Conley, GA

I have been working at FedEx Freight East full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People first, diversified employer, room for advancement.

Cons

reactive versus proactive, as with all fast paced companies, time management is a struggle in demanding times. More with less

Will not offer ideas or opinion in an open forum, thank you

Great Job!!!

I have been working at FedEx Freight East

Pros

I have owned my own business and had a few good jobs in my life, this by far is the BEST. I make GREAT money (over $70,000 last year) i love the challenges, the people I work for, with, and deliver to.

Cons

It was tough getting hired but well worth the wait. Very slow in the winter, so not 40 hours until other drivers above you leave, which doesn't happen very often. Other than that nothing really bed to say.

My center manager is by far one of the nicest, hardest working, all around best managers I have ever worked for or with. He always makes time for everyone from the smallest issue to the biggest with a cool and well balanced demeanor.

Better than most, worse than others

Current Employee - Freight Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Freight Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at FedEx Freight East full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Chance for advancement, growing technology, competitive pay

Cons

Not very personal. Treated as just a number most of the time. Bonus is rare, unless you're in management.

I can't believe they pay me what they do to do what I do!

Current Employee - PT Dockworker in Sunnyvale, TX
    Current Employee - PT Dockworker in Sunnyvale, TX

I have been working at FedEx Freight East part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very competitive wages, flexibility of hours, opportunity to promote and climb within.

Cons

Little opportunity to get to know fellow employees (very fast-paced environment).

Give plant managers the freedom to implement better customer appreciation programs on their own.

Started off great ended terrible.

Former Employee - Dock Associate in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Dock Associate in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx Freight East full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, raises come on time until you top out, great for college students, good benifits. Great short term job

Cons

Upper management is extremely disrespectful. There is a daily feeling in the air that managt and not the workers make the company go.Hr is terrible they just as well notave it. Also rules change/amended weekly by management, supervisors dont communicate between themselves, dock associates are told not to do xyz but supervisors do it. Dock staff noticeably more knowledgeable than leadership in some cases.

Have realistic expectations. If we have on hand what it needed to do the job it will be done. Dead weight supervisors that your ops managers talk about get rid of them. If you are never on the dock it dosent make since to make regulations and rules that negatively effect production.