FedEx National LTL

Updated May 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Moss

Great people and very positive work place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsMotivating, encourage improvement and advancement, friendly

Conssometimes can get pushy when lots of freight comes in

Advice to Senior ManagementYour environment was great. Once there is a good rhythm to the work process, everything was fine. However there could be better training on filling out the paperwork, using the system, pre- and post- processing of freight, etc. There are times that freight content is difficult to move, and giving an understanding that one should be able to push well over 50lbs to unblock an item may be necessary.

Great Company

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsPay was pretty decent depending on your job title. The benefits were okay. The drivers are great people to work with once you get to know them.

ConsThe long hours, not really family friendly. The merger in 2011 killed the atmosphere. You felt as though you were walking on egg shells.

Advice to Senior Management"If it's not broke don't fix it".

We miss you

P & D Driver (Former Employee)

ProsThe company had a small company feel with a big company backing. It was pretty good in the beginning. The Management was confident and seemed to be open.

ConsWhen the merger with Freight was announced and started to be rolled out the company atmosphere was destroyed. Management started to manage by fear and really started to go down hill.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should realize when you have a good thing going ride the wave and guide it along. Don't destroy a good thing in the name of profit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

FedEx national information

Manager Operations (Former Employee)

ProsGood equipment, business software is cutting edge technology, usually 5 day workweek at ell locations

ConsConfusing operational objectives, upper managements operational objectives unreasonable and unattainable goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with operations to be a customer driven operation doing what is necessary to build operation and customer base.

Great Place to work

Dock Worker (Former Employee) Elk Grove, CA

ProsFlexible hours, great pay, great teamwork

ConsCorporate shutdown the dock when it was slow

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember who moves the frieght.

Great Company to work for!

Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsGood pay and benefits, 401k . Trucks are well maintained

ConsAlways driving late night, waiting hrs for freight at times. Slip seating.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees, treat them as people, not a number.

Fedex National

Supervisor (Former Employee) Lakeland, FL

ProsBeing a part of FedEx was a good experience.

ConsSadly, the best course of action for FedEx Freight was to divest FedEx National and incorporate the operation into FedEx Freight. While necessary, it was sad to see the company go.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

they run like the military

P&D Driver (Current Employee) Romulus, MI

Prosearned time off per month

Consclosing the doors jan 31st 2011

Good solid job

Outbound Dock Worker (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWork is steady. Bosses are nice and the work is good. We always have supplys on hand. Overall a great job

ConsSome of our forklifts need work. We need to have some new ones come in or fix our current ones

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better time off request system availible. Some newer forklifts would be nice. I like our management on staff

Fedex National a Great company to work for, under the FEDEX Flag!

Local P and D Truck Driver (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsOur redshirts...(MANAGEMENT), are all very open and easy to get along with. The communication among managers and drivers are very good. We all are striving to promote the purple promise for all of our customers. It is fun and family oriented at our terminal, so it makes it easy to go to work each and every morning.

ConsWe have so much work in the pass few months. Due, to customers making changes and using our services. So, there are often times now that we are running out of equipment as our new trailers are not being delivered as quickly as they should be. As of today that is a priority, getting the newer trailers in to replace the older trailers that were sold. So, far it is about even on this...situation. In a few more weeks, this will not even be a downside.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would continue to tell Senior Management, to keep an open door policy. Continue to walk out of your offices and talk with all your drivers, like you all have been doing since I have been an employee with FXNL, formerly Watkins. This has been a great thing, and should never cease.

Worked for FedEx National LTL? Contribute to the Community!