FedEx Office

FedEx Office Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

FedEx Office President and CEO Brian D. Philips

Brian D. Philips

Pros
  • Good benefits for the level of job it is(in 54 reviews)

• Competitive pay, great training, and great benefits, including a 401K(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Small yearly raises, customer can be horrible, lazy team members never get fired(in 56 reviews)

• Work - Life balance for Assistant Managers is non-existent, at least in my experience(in 16 reviews)

Working with fedexoffice was a learning experience.

Lead Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Mobile, AL

ProsI was able to grow my knowledge in printing, customer service and management skills. I moved up the ladder vy slowly and was able to learn more about self control.

ConsThe management was up and down. In the Alabama Region the management was very one sided.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be more diverse.

A place to work

Will Not Diclose (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsCreative and you learn alot

ConsPay is lower
    Stand on feet all day

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair

Corporate is irrational

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsYou have a job, about it.

ConsUnderstaffed, underpaid for what you do, expected to do everything without a raise, raises are a joke, benefits are not that good, they don't care about the team members, threatened constantly of write ups, no family time, you are expected to make Fedex Office your life, work and die, then maybe a thank you. Fake corporate people.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat us like people, like human beings. Over work your employees because you don't want to hire is ridiculous, nobody is happy here, the only reason we stay is because it's an inside job and it's a stepping stone until we find something better. I'm glad I don't work there anymore. I felt so bad for my center manager. She was so stressed and worked so much off the clock to try and make it and she still was called a failure. Then she would come down on us for it, and that's not right.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hate my life everyday at the CPC, kill me now

Lead Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsIt seems to be impossible to get fired- job stability.

ConsEverything, bad management, low starting pay, low raises, lazy coworkers, redundant work, inconsistent weekly hours due to the inconsistent workload each week

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better, you'll get better work out of your employees and maybe we would care a little bit about our job.

Not what I ever Expected

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe team that I worked with, How ever day there was something new too learn and the most interesting customers around.

ConsLack of staff for such a busy center. Once one employee would quit or leave there was no chance anyone was taking their place. Higher management would come in and rather then try to explain in a decent professional way on the things that needed to be fixed and focused on they would rather threaten your job in a petty pathetic way. HR is a joke, and I mean a running joke through the company. They won't help you at all. If you have a serious complaint my advice go higher. You will get zero response and if you do nothing is done about anything. Over hearing your manager talking about you to other managers and blaming you for things that were there fault! It was sad and immature, FedEx is a upgraded high school. If you weren't part of there clique and didn't follow them around like little puppy dogs and do things there way ( even though your way was better with way better results) they disregarded you. Training was terrible. And you have a manager watching you on cameras seeing how busy you are but refusing to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advise too you is, it's easy for you too tell us what you want us to do. It's easy to send emails, tell us on the phone etc. But you have never helped 10 people at one time, while packing a box and running two orders. Maybe you should come deal with that for awhile. Maybe then being under staffed won't be a problem for long.

Selling Print Services

Corporate Account Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFantastic culture with a commitment to ethics at all levels of the organization. Lots of training and many opportunities to advance for a less senior sales rep.

Consto maintain profitability management makes frequent changes. Roles change with frequency.

Asks too much from too few workers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsAwesome people to work with. I've been around for 8+ years and worked with almost all the stores in the Portland area. Good co workers will make your job bearable and enjoyable. Fairly easy to get promoted if you show the initiative however the actual opportunities will dead end after you get a center management position, unless you really get lucky and land a regional position. Tuition reimbursement is amazing if you're going to school for a degree, as they'll pay up to $1500/yr for undergrad courses and $2500/yr for grad courses.

ConsTons of stress, this job can turn some people into habitual smokers. Corporate office is more focused on selling items that no one really wants to buy, at a print shop of all places, and forces those metrics onto all it's employees, giving anyone who doesn't sell a certain amount per day a write up. Stores are chronically understaffed because they try to save as much money as possible, rather than understanding that you cant have two employees running a store when it's the shipping rush hour, and you have people who need copies done, faxes sent and 10 different packages shipped, all in the course of 5 minutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher level management needs to understand that if you want results, you need to have the staffing to provide the results, rather than expecting 1000 different things out of two people working 8 hours straight the whole day.

Good place to work

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsLots of opportunities to learn new skills. Good benefits and performance based bonus. People worked hard and a lot of smart people around.

ConsFedEx Office business model is not growing. People are simply printing less. The print stores are more like FedEx package shipping and pick up.

Opportunities for those that want them

ProsIn my opinion one of the few places you can still work your way up through a company. There are new challenges daily, keeping you engaged and interested. There are plenty of ways to make extra money as well through contests and up sells.

ConsYou have to really embrace change as it happens constantly. You also have to be someone who likes to multitask and stay busy. This job can be very demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo matter what is done from an executive level, the employee experience falls solely on the communication abilities of the Center Manager. We need to invest more in their development, recruiting, and recognition.

Decent but lack of employee support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternational company with many resources. They spend money where it needs to be spent. Their locations are kept up to date, with cutting edge technology.

ConsWhile they spend money to keep locations up to date, they do not invest in their most valuable resource, their employees. Incentive pay is negligible, based on "product of the month" sales. Not the best way to show your employees how much you appreciate their hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep your best employees, show them you appreciate their efforts.

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!