FedEx Office Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

A lot of promises, little following through.

Former Employee - Center Consultant in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Center Consultant in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Engaging and interactive environment in a variety of tasks, from packing and Shipping, to production of spiral bound reports, oversized printing and lamination, poster prints, photo canvas stretching, large quantity prints, and other various duties.

Cons

Management loves to set incentive goals, yet rarely follow through with rewards, customers can be extremely difficult with particularities so patience is a virtue, being "stretched thin" because of having the duty of covering so many important tasks at once along with assisting customers.

Advice to Management

Station your employees in sections of the store, so no one goes un-helped, and employees aren't overwhelmed with overbearing projects and deadlines along with customers.

2. Business Analyst

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office (Less than a year)

Pros

Best place to work. Good opportunities.

Cons

As far as now I don't see any Cons.

Engineering Systems Advisor

Former Employee - Engineering Systems Advisor in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Systems Advisor in Addison, TX

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For a time it was a very solid and stable company to work for. The technical side which i was on offered many different challenges and opportunities.

Cons

The glass ceiling for information technology workers was severe. You could run out of promotions and be stuck with no advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

The constant push to increase short term profits at the expense of long term knowledgeable employees will be your downfall.

That's FXO

I worked at FedEx Office

Pros

Team members are fun to work with if you get the chance to work with other people.

Cons

Low compensation for knowledge. High turnover of management and team members. Long hours are expected regardless of the hours you're scheduled. Training was lacking. I worked in a center that didn't adhere to any of the new hire onboarding so you were just thrown in "sink or swim" mentality. More times than not you work alone because their payroll system needs revamped for sure. You put up with really upset customers who want everything yesterday and DON'T care that you're only 1 person. It's a high paced high stress job.

Advice to Management

Compensate your team members and they will stay. Do for them and they will do for you.

6. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere, a very unique wprk experience. It looks great on a resume tho.

Cons

Insurance benefits are a little lacking

Advice to Management

Of yu manage to get into a management position. Id advise using that to get with a better company.

7. Customer Serivce Representative

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

Flexible schedule around you school. Some of the customers coming in were very cool and chill.

Cons

District Manager at the time was a completely...... Customers don't know how to use the copying machines. No advancement for opportunity.

8. Assistant Center Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Center Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Center Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Upbeat, decent benefits, a concerned work environment, supportive, willing to allow you to grow within the company, allow you to lead your team, and even make mistakes.

Cons

Pay is below national average(at least for this position).

Great company to learn about technology

Former Employee - Lead Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FedEx Office

Pros

Lots of online learning tools to increase knowledge of software and management, Opportunities to become an autodidact in many areas of technology, I would recommend to a friend who knows nothing about technology but wants to learn more

Cons

Support from managers varies by center, Managers are routinely hounded by district managers when neither one understands the market, Expect too much with some of the cheapest tools available, Create a terrible atmosphere of competition between centers, Not conducive to change or thinking outside the box, Corporation owns any intellectual property created with very little payout ($800) for what you have created

Advice to Management

My only advice is to executives. Managers receive too much pressure from those above them and are undervalued. There are many positions open because, overall, FXO is a terrible place to work long term. Hire those with better skills and pay them much more than others. Create incentives for internal tutoring and facilitate learning areas where those who would like to stay with the company can learn from those few people left who have the intelligence and have learned much about software.

Purple Promise

Former Employee - Center Consultant in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Center Consultant in Portland, OR

I worked at FedEx Office (More than a year)

Pros

It was nice to be able to talk to District Managers during routine visits. Higher ups at corporate are easy to contact, for the most part and respond promptly. Human resources are excellent at handling complaints and investigating violations. If you make your way into Production, you learn a lot of print production skills that are applicable in the print industry outside of FedEx Office. There can be a sense of community and family if you land the right store with the right managers. I was lucky enough to work with a solid team who appreciated one another.

Cons

It's retail. It's customer service. You'll get a great deal of rude, disrespectful, nasty customers who want things done their way and refuse to adhere (or even understand) FedEx Office production and shipping policy. You really need to think on your feet and be flexible. My store was open 24/7 and we had a full-center remodel. We NEVER closed the center. There was fiberglass and open wires, falling ceiling panels, uneven floors, etc. Customers were furious! I had so many customers yell at me personally for this mess. Not cool.

Advice to Management

If you are remodeling a 24/7 center, PLEASE close the store for at least a couple days! It was not only unsafe, but moronic to pay employees to man a store with no working printers and angry customers. Higher wages! We put up with so much customer grief and we have such a large skillset. There should be more rungs in the ladder to management. Those who have advanced skills and knowledge (Adobe Creative Suite knowledge, previous print experience, college design/production education) should be compensated for that! $15 an hour would have made me stay.

11. Technical Services Representative II

Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, good company culture, excellent benefits

Cons

Headquarters in Memphis, most higher up positions end up in Memphis for IT community

RSS Feed </> Embed