FedEx Office

FedEx Office Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

FedEx Office President and CEO Brian D. Philips

Brian D. Philips

Pros
  • Good benefits for the level of job it is (in 54 reviews)

• Competitive pay, great training, and great benefits, including a 401K (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Small yearly raises, customer can be horrible, lazy team members never get fired (in 56 reviews)

• Work - Life balance for Assistant Managers is non-existent, at least in my experience (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Experience

Center Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsWorking at FedEx is like attending college all over again, Training modules monthly, very refreshing with all the knowledge you need.

ConsImplement without proper resources in place to accommodate change.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team members more.

Customer service rep

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsLots of training provided, a very young and fun coworker staff

ConsThe pay is very little, management is disorganized and rude to staff, promotions are based on favorites, no more bonuses, no overtime offered. We rarely made 40 hour a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more professional towards your employees.

A very good company

Programmer/Analyst Advisor (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIt is a nice company to work for; they take care of their employees. Benefits are good

ConsBig company so things move slowly. Company’s IT development is moving toward off-shore; however, employees are given an option for a voluntary buyoff package.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many meeting

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Choose FedEx Services Instead

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has fair base pay.

ConsCulture of company not conducive to selling print in tech sectors or areas where print is no longer a necessity, but a burden. No real connection to upper management who simply wants you to keep trying with no real solution or willingness to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse your real talent on the streets and manicure the sells to fit the area and not a cookie cutter approach. Success does not come from remaining the same or selling to each market as if these are the same.

FedEx does not promote, or acknowledge team members.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsTeam member discounts
    poor benefits
    401 k

Consdo not promote team members

Advice to Senior Managementacknowledge staff you have

Bad Managers

Team Member (Former Employee)

ProsI love the customers. It nice having repeat customers especially when they only ask for you... The variety of tasks is probably the main reason I stayed there so long. It actually is possible to move up in the company.

ConsIt was almost impossible to find someone to take your shift (even incase of a family emergency). Bonuses sucked because they stopped or just made our goal obviously unattainable for our small store. (not just saying that.) Management doesn't care about their employee. They fired store managers for ridiculous reasons as an example to everyone that they are 'cleaning house'. We were good workers who loved our jobs but ended up afraid we would lose our job for no reason every single day. Management and other positions of authority were power hungry and smug. They visited the centers and talked down to us like we didn't have a clue. They only saw the bad. We were never rewarded for our accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers, when you visit different centers, maybe treat us like we matter to the company. Motivation and excitement at work is no longer felt when you only point out the things that are wrong. Also, when an employee contacts HR about their manager, how about you start taking that kind of stuff more seriously before you start losing customers to Alphagraphics because not even the customer like the manager.

Great co-workers, everything else is so-so.

ProsOne thing this company has done right in my experience is hiring some really great people over the years. Good work environment.

ConsNot enough staff to cover the very busy centers, and they continue to cut hours. Multi-tasking is a must. There are not a lot of opportunities for advancement, except for Store Management.

There are good days, and there are bad days.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere can be a lot to learn from this company, however the opportunities i found to be more based on popularity then merit.

ConsIf unforeseen issues that cause difficulties, the management can really go either way depending on how an employee is viewed. I have found them to be less than fair minded with other employees situations in the past. It has felt like the senior management is confused and will switch from one initiative to the next on almost a monthly basis. They are always looking for a scapegoat, and the name of the game is really CYA.

FedEx - great organization - FedEx Office - operating company with leadership issues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosexciting business, prestigious customer base, feel proud of the organization

Consthe greater FedEx organization should look more closely at the leadership styles in this particular operating company . . . I'm confident they would find the reasons for struggles with performance and turn over

Advice to Senior Managementask more questions of upper middle management - trust but verify.

Easiest Job ever if you have computer and can manage your own work.

Production Operator (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsNo sales involved. I work at the Distro center. Only work with about 4 people at a time.

ConsThe pay will get you by for a while. Not for long. Rarely get overtime.

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!