FedEx Office Reviews

Reset
1.2
FedEx Office President and CEO Brian D. Philips
Brian D. Philips

Pros
  • Good benefits for the level of job it is (in 57 reviews)

• Work-life balance - Benefits - Help with school tuition (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Company expects Team Members to work long hours with minimal coverage (in 60 reviews)

• Work/life balance is mediocre at best (in 19 reviews)

1. Pretty good team

Former Employee - Retail Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Retail Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked working with my team.

Cons

I didn't like being written up for not answering the phone within three rings when I was working with a customer. Also, one day I was the only person in the store when a big convention was in town and I just couldn't handle it by myself. Customers were so mad and I was running around like crazy doing the best I could, but I just couldn't keep up.

Advice to Management

Make sure there are enough people scheduled!

2. Not worth it

Current Employee - Center Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

FedEx has a great benefit plan including: health care dental life insurance tuition reimbursement discounted shipping rates

Cons

The hours are completely unworkable if you want to have a life. To get any sort of normal schedule, you have to have quite a bit of seniority. The pay is pretty poor for what you need to know for the position. If you aren't good with computers and formatting, this job especially isn't for you. There is no proper hands on training program. You are sent to do a bunch of computer modules that don't teach you much. When it comes down to it, you're just kind of thrown into the mix and expected to pick it up.

Advice to Management

Train people properly, make a schedule that people can balance their home life with.

It Sucked

Former Employee - Center Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work with some really good people. I made some lifetime friends and was able to network with business leaders.

Cons

Field management is terrible and they micro manage everything and if you miss a key metric 1 day you have to right an action plan that takes you away from doing the important things customer service and training the few TM's that you are allowed to have, when most of the time the metric will correct it's self the very next day. They let people who worked there for years get away with murder and the LP person is a complete bully who should have been let go years ago.

Advice to Management

You can't win with your TM's by courting Wall Street. Get rid of the task that don't bring revenue into the center. Every time I visit a center to get a print project done that is real simple I have to wait for 10 min to even see a sample/proof. If you are going to run your centers like a C-Store with the amount of staffing you currently have make your process faster. Customers don't want or care about what you need to do to complete the project they just want it fast and would be willing to pay the high price if you gave them that.

Not bad. Not Great.

Current Employee - Center Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid Time Off. Discount on Shipping. Get to use the adobe creative suite and microsoft office on a daily basis. Never boring.

Cons

Sometimes too fast paced. Not nearly enough compensation for the workload and required skill set. Work environment can be frustrating when you are constantly pulled away from your current project to help a customer at the counter. Training is often focused on how to talk to customers instead of how to use the software and machines.

6. FedEx-Start the Revolution

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at FedEx Office

Pros

It's fun to make copies and interact with people-if you are outgoing and detail oriented, you will enjoy being at work. There are many opportunities to socialize and to talk to people about their personal lives as you make wedding invitations or birthday party fliers.

Cons

The work is somewhat repetitive and there can be a lot of stress. If you are clumsy, it is easy to ruin copies and waste resources.

Advice to Management

Stop all of the rules that are impossible to follow-it is inefficient to have the whole company going behind your back.

RSS Feed </> Embed