FedEx Office Reviews

Reset
4.8
FedEx Office President and CEO Brian D. Philips
Brian D. Philips

Pros
  • Good benefits for the level of job it is (in 57 reviews)

• Work-life balance - Benefits - Help with school tuition (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Company expects Team Members to work long hours with minimal coverage (in 60 reviews)

• Work/life balance is mediocre at best (in 19 reviews)

1. FedEx offices sales consultant and production

Current Employee - Sales Customer Service Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Customer Service Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

FedEx is such a wonderful start to my career. I have some of the best coworkers and managers I have ever known and the customers are always great at best. I know that when I am really doing my part everything in my work day is a breeze. You have to truly love what you do and here at FedEx office I feel that way. I would certainty recommend to people I know. Pay starts at $12 a hour and my schedule works for me. Expect to be on your toes a lot too, because I personally love having stuff to do that productive on a constant basis.

Cons

There are none I have to say!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, stay progressive, and keep the family teamwork going.

2. Good Company but unfocused direction

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are great and hard working. Training is adequate. Flexibility is good. Work and Life balance is good.

Cons

Direction of sales force and compensation plan changes constantly. Company's direction seems to be scattered no central focus. Too many cumbersome, redundant systems. Develop better compensation plans across the board

Advice to Management

Develop clear and defined direction. Develop a consistent and fair sales plan. Reduce redundant systems for reporting

Worse than you can imagine!

Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

It's better than being unemployed and even part-time employees can get benefits.

Cons

FedEx Office promises customers things (and forces employees to promise things - employees are not allowed to say no to something they know they can't do) that can't be delivered, and then don't provide enough staff or good working equipment to succeed at what they promise. Consequently, everyone always has to work harder than they should and while under enormous pressure - not to mention having to apologize to customers about a dozen times a day. FedEx Corporate gives individual stores arbitrary "plan" numbers to meet every month and all of the individual managers (being former employees who failed to get a better job for a long enough time that they became managers) think they can meet this "plan" by cutting payroll, not realizing that, as a consequence, customers then have to stand on line all the time and receive their print jobs incorrect and late. Most center managers know how to sweep problems under the rug and juke the stats so upper management doesn't know the real done late/done wrong record of these stores. The customers are another thing: You can't imagine how much bullying FedEx Office employees have to suffer from mean, arrogant, self-important customers who tell you you're going to do what they want NOW. People must think FedEx Office employees are the lowest life form on the planet because someone could be the assistant to the assistant to the assistant or someone nobody's ever heard of, and when they walk into a FedEx Office, they take on this bully attitude and treat the people who work there like utter crap. The only reason to work for FedEx Office is if you are unemployed. It's a step-down from almost anything else.

Advice to Management

You should have never gone into the "printing" business. It's clear nobody in senior management knows anything about printing, because if they did, they would never put someone in a position where they're trying to focus on "prepress" work while someone is standing eight feet away yelling, "Excuse me! Can I have some help over here!" Stick to shipping.

RSS Feed </> Embed