FedEx

FedEx Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Jul 15, 2014

FedEx Chairman, President, and CEO Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Pros
  • Depending on which area you work in, there's decent work life balance(in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits which are offered to all employees (full & part time)(in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is fairly good except during "peak" times(in 21 reviews)

• Heavy responsibilities may require long hours, stressful environment(in 27 reviews)

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

If you want to do it right and feel good doing it

Technical Quality Architect (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsFedEx makes you feel like you make the world go around (later, you realize you actually do!) - you are taught to live something we call the Purple Promise that simply states "I will make every FedEx experience outstanding". Very soon, you realize that dock loaders, desk workers, strategists, individual contributors, managers and executives actually believe this stuff and care about not just getting the job done but they actually care how you felt before, during and after you did it!! Very strange to most people under pressure to perform but the level of buy-in at the highest levels of the company shows newcomers right away that this company truly puts people first. If you're not feeling good about doing something, they want to know why - genuinely and fix it before you proceed.
    Quality Driven Management - This program has roots into every nook and cranny of operations and IT. FedEx truly believes in continuously improving to get better, finding better ways of doing things, being more efficient, gaining new skills and always pushing the boundaries of achievement while at the same time encouraging employees to live heavy family lives, taking vacations, flexible work from home options (mandatory 2 weeks of work from home) etc.
    When you're feeling this good about your work and your contributions, I challenge you to put out poor work - you can't - it's not possible.

ConsThere aren't enough observed national holidays - I think FedEx (being a worldwide deliver business) only observes 6 National holidays.

Great starting out point

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe training is very intense, you come into your job knowing FedEx in and out. Flexible work schedule. Good starting salary. They put a lot of time and effort into understanding that you are an employee and not a number. Acting as a consultant instead of a sales professional.

ConsVery limited opportunities for advancement without moving. Collaboration with different internal contacts can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement can become stagnant, haven't performed duties of the job in many years. Need to re-do the job again so they can understand challenges.

Depends on where you want to go with your career

Account Executive (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat position to lead into Field Sales or stay in steady position.

ConsNot much opportunity to get into other divisions/positions regardless of training/education.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seasonal Worker

Parcel Assistant (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGood Company, well known and reputable

ConsSeasonal work, lowest paying job I ever worked

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a decent wage and give people the opportunity to work a full week schedule

Good starter for your career

End User Computing Technician (Former Employee) Robinson, PA

ProsGood working environment
    Steady hours
    Plenty of learning opportunities

Cons11 month non-renewable contract
    Learning stops after a few months

Over worked / Under paid

Package Handler (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsAs long as you do what is asked, little chance of being let go. Good benefits after min. time employeed is achieved.

ConsNo set schedule, hard to adjust to the hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what the workers request in order to not have as much turnover.

Good company, antiquated in someways, unlimited upside potential for employees

Courier (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsPension AND 401(k) match, health insurance, ok wage, minimum hour per week pay, can work anywhere in USA, good training program

ConsCrazy hours around Christmas, must take vacation days in week long increments until you're there 10 years, some favoritism, cannot transfer to international jobs, pilots have incredible benefits that other employees are denied

Programmer Analyst Intern

Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat company to Intern with. Intern Program is well put together. Software Development Teams are very knowledgeable and helpful. Interns are given Actual Important Software Projects to work on/complete. FedEx Services defiantly looks to hire their Interns first, for full-time employment (after college graduation). Everyone is very nice. Corporate Campus included Basketball courts, Volleyball Courts, and a Work Out Gym.

ConsThere really are no cons from my experience. Interns were even allowed to take unpaid vacation days if they wanted to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great work enviornment

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsWork life balance, great upper management, strong brand

ConsRelocation necessary for career advancement

Confused

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsStrong brand, good services, great name recognition, easy to pitch to clients, great work life balance to have a good home life

Consever changing sales goals/ focus - lack of transparency in showing/explaining numbers, treated like children in inside sales environment - negative environment

Advice to Senior Managementhire stronger inside sales managers - not ones who lead by fear and intimidation

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!