FedEx Reviews

Reset
3.7
FedEx Chairman, President, and CEO Fred Smith
Fred Smith

Pros
  • Currently have a manager that understands work/life balance (in 124 reviews)

• People oriented company with good benefits (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • unable to successfully have a work/life balance (in 26 reviews)

• Long hours quality of work life balance (in 30 reviews)

1,562 Employee Reviews

FedEx Services powers innovation and information for the world's leading shipping enterprise.

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

FedEx Services is the IT, marketing and sales subsidiary of FedEx Corporation that supports the major FedEx operating companies, including FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Kinko's. With such a broad range of positions, it's easy to move between workgroups to continue learning and to avoid boredom in any single position. As an enterprise, FedEx is supported by an outstanding corporate reputation and one of the strongest, most recognizable brands in the world. Our position at the crossroads of global commerce and transportation makes FedEx and its business performance a leading economic indicator. Led by our founder, chairman, president and CEO Fred Smith, our senior leadership is widely respected in the investment community for its conservative approach and its commitment to long-term growth.

Cons

With our roots and core businesses in air and ground transportation, FedEx and its business performance are highly vulnerable to fluctuations in oil and fuel costs. In periods of escalating energy prices, FedEx -- like many businesses -- must manage costs very carefully and adjust short- and long-term priorities accordingly. Although FedEx has long adhered to an unofficial "no layoff" policy, this often leads to the discontinuation of many projects in mid-stream. While FedEx revenues are increasingly global, our core domestic express business has reached a plateau of maturity and is facing additional headwinds from the U.S. economy and a weaker U.S. dollar that limits demand for imports in the United States.

Advice to Management

Use the current economic slump as an opportunity to refocus on core capabilities. Do the hard work to ensure a true seamless customer experience for customers across all FedEx companies. Get FedEx Kinko's out of the business of office supplies and electronic accessories like headphones, iPod accessories and other items.

2. Pushing for purple perfection

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

The brand is second to none, the service is second to none and the employees are second to none. Our customer are top priority from the janitors to the CEO. We all share the same vision and as a result we are able to focus on our customers. I would be willing to bet that if asked every single employee could tell you what their purpose is and why. I would also be willing to be that the answer would always end with a customer driven purpose. We know why we are here. It isnt about us.

Cons

It is a very long day. When you strive for perfection which the company and the employees do there are frustrating moments when something goes wrong. Weather, technology blips. We dont want unsatified customers. We are in the business of delivering packages not bad news. We have long days because we want the customer to be able to go home on time.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and respond to your employees. we are your first line to your customer.

3. Working at FedEx is not a job, it is an EXPERIENCE!

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

FedEx has an excellent work-life balance and the opportunities to further your career or profession is excellent. FedEx thrives on delivering the "Purple Promise" to their customer, which is: provided their customers with an outstanding experience. The same holds true for FedEx employees...FedEx delivers an outstanding experience as you grow with the company.

Cons

Wow...I can't think of any downsides to working at FedEx. There are outside challenges (fuel cost, electronic document exchange, etc) that sometimes hamper the business development process, yet even with these challenges, FedEx provides us with the tools and resources to overcome the challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to think outside of the box and provide even better ways to assist businesses and individuals with their transportation needs.

5. I am lucky to be working for a company like FedEx

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

The Culture, - People, Service Profit I started working for Fedex while in college, I received full benefits working part time, and was re-cruited into the sales force. That was about 8 years ago, I have grown both personally and professionaly because of the wonderful collegues and leadership and I feel very lucky. Even during hard economic times, FedEx still has a no lay off policy, and really focus on the best for there employees and our customers. I am very proud to tell people where I work.

Cons

Pay is not as competitive in other sales positions, other collegues have been able to move on to other sales positions within the transportation industry for much more money, although things are always changing at FedEx, I feel the lifestyle of working for such a company out wieghts the extra money.

Advice to Management

none

6. I am proud of working for such a respected company

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

FedEx is a company that most people recognize, and has an excellent reputation, It is a company that has allowed me to grow professionally and allowed many opportunities. The culture of FedEx is also very positive and inspirining, and I feel like I am selling a quality product. I also feel very lucky to be working under a CEO with such leadership and vision. I feel like I have many options in staying with FedEx, and feel like I truly am a valued employee. They also provide excellent benefits, I think, compared to other organizations.

Cons

I beleive other organizations have more competitive salaries.

Advice to Management

I feel like they are doing a good job.

7. The Best Company to work !!!

Current Employee - Air Craft Material Handler in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Air Craft Material Handler in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

Excellent company to work and some of the people there are very friendly and helpful and kind. The peoples that work at Fedex are team work and we help each other. Good company to work for.

Cons

In one prtectler and one department call Input weekend shift, the teamleader she didn't treat some of the new employee fair and equal. And she treat one person better then other person better than other one in there. (Favoritiasom)

Advice to Management

I hope the senior management check and look into this matter very carefully and moniter very important issue with this matter regarding about favoritiasom that happen at Fedex.

8. I was a package handler and I loved it!

Former Employee - Casual Package Handler in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Casual Package Handler in Tempe, AZ

I worked at FedEx

Pros

I was a casual package handler and loved it! Casual handler was a no benefits position, but if you stayed around long enough then you could get a Permanent Part-Time position that would include benefits. It was a great part-time job and it even had benefits available for working just 17 hours. It was fast paced, but I worked closely with other employees and developed good relationships with many employees in a short amount of time. I would definetely recommend this job to anyone looking for a supplemental part-time job.

Cons

Due to the nature of the work, all handlers were required to work strict schedules. There is almost no schedule flexability at all, unless you were a Permanent Part-Time and used Personal Time Off. Other than that, I loved everything else about the job!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I really enjoyed working at FedEx and I would have stayed longer if the company could have worked around my school schedule.

9. great company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

they have never had a layoff in their history. the are a good solid reputable company to work for. my managers have all been great and fair. the review process is totally fair and it is not possible for any favoritism. i feel that i am given free reign to be the best that i can and dont have to depend on a managers opinion for my review score.

Cons

the job is very complicated. and stressful. the criteria is hard to meet

Advice to Management

streamline job better.

Think there is anything better out there...think again!!!

Current Employee - Security Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Security Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

Large company with limitless opportunities. They treat their employees fairly. Although they are not unionized (thank goodness), employees have more protections than a company with unions. This company is one of the most recognized in the world and the name recognition shows with the great service provided by wonderful employees. I would (and have) recommended FedEx to friends and family. Several friends have left government service to come to work for this great company. I would not want to work for any other private company. FedEx is a multi-billion dollar company that truly cares for its employees. I feel as if I am part of a family.

Cons

Private Company. No cost of living increases.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Raises should include cost of living increases.

FedEx is an excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Project Analyst in Collierville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Project Analyst in Collierville, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

For me, FedEx has been a fantastic company to work for. I've been with FedEx for 2.5 years after running my own business and have really enjoyed the structure, pay, benefits and attitude with regard to work/life balance. It has been a great move.

Cons

FedEx is a very large corporation and you do run into bureaucray in your day to day work.

Advice to Management

Reduce bureaucracy. Also, this may be a strange comment from a non-manager, but in some cases FedEx's culture of consensus building can reduce speed in execution. More decisiveness at the executive level on projects may lead to improved execution.

Showing 1,562 of 1,620 reviews