FedEx

FedEx Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

FedEx Chairman, President, and CEO Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Pros:
  • "Depending on which area you work in, there's decent work life balance"
    in 95 reviews
  • "Good benefits (especially tuition refund, full healthcare coverage, decent wage)"
    in 62 reviews
Cons:
  • "work/life balance can be difficult, but I think this is the standard these days wherever you are"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Upper management not being realistic about work loads for hourly employee"
    in 26 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

FedEx cares about employees and there families.

Material Handler/Courier (Former Employee)
Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at FedEx part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe benefits and the career advancements. QUALITY DRIVEN MANAGEMENT.

ConsI really cannot think of any thing negative. Will always live by the PURPLE PROMISE.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll managers that I came in contact with, all the way up to the managing director Mr. Bobby Willis treated me and other co-workers like family. And they supplied uniforms after 3 months, where as another did not. Very diverse and friendly.

I have had a great experience at fedex

I have been working at FedEx part-time

Prosdesent hours good pay.good people to work with.

Consvery physical demanding.Also u feel the weather.

Package handler

Package Handler Part-time (Former Employee)
Bethpage, NY

I worked at FedEx part-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay, very friendly work environment, health insurance benefits, tuition assistance benefits.

ConsContinuous physical activity is required.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrant more hours to the workers since package handling runs between 4am to 7am 5 days a week.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed working at FedEx because it was fast paced, enjoying driving and meeting new people.

FedEx Home Delivery Driver (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at FedEx full-time for less than a year

ProsI enjoyed driving, delivering packages, meeting new people, the pay and the work ethics.

ConsLoading the truck in a manner that is easily accessible for the different deliveries.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good work up

Excellence in motion.

Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExceptional top notch industries standards. Exemplary customer service that are well trained. Grant it sometimes the weather does get in the was of it's massive fleet of planes that can be affected by winter storms thus the occasional delay. Other than the Acts of God delays they are an superior Company the takes care of it's people. Great company, if your lucky enough to work for, that believes in a living People, Service, Profit philosophy. Fedex has won many Excellence awards because of their high level standards.

ConsThe inability to have customer fully understand why weather in other areas effect their local stations that deliver their packages. In regards to work life balance, Fedex provides great tools for employees to take advantage of such as health benefits, work life balance such as discounts on Brand name products, strong opportunity to personal growth within the company programs. It's all there one just has to use the benefits it provides.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that management have made great efforts to get to know the front line employees with such events as Meet and Greet. This gives every employee the opportunity to mingle with upper management and share ideas in a more relaxed atmosphere. Also a great way to increase morale all around.

take about 150 calls aday

I have been working at FedEx full-time

ProsI'm a very hard worker and im always on time and i have great customer services skills

ConsJust working with new people and get to know them

Great Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at FedEx full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Environment and People, always felt good going into the work place. Maybe my co workers made it all better but I always enjoyed. I only left to move to another company and higher up.

ConsUpper manager needs to listen to lower employees, and there input. They are out in the field and understand the dynamics of what is going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to lower level employees and input

A Great Company To Work For.

Teamleader (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at FedEx part-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat job and great benefits

ConsIt's only a part time job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

worker at fedex

Package Handler/Switcher (Current Employee)
Richfield, OH

I have been working at FedEx full-time for more than a year

ProsIm my honesty opinion i do love the company, I'm able to get my products before the delivery ( because i work there), shipping is Much Cheaper, great environment, management is understanding and willing to actually work with you in almost any situation thinkable, were always changing and updating things, food parties if we have a good week and since I'm still in school working at night is a god send because i have all day to myself. If you love to workout this place will give you a good workout. but the best thing about this place is that they choose workers for management before looking outside the company!!

Consprobably could be a bit better pay for certain situations ( taking on multiple rolls in the company like me), and making the environment a little more fun i guess you could say (more so making the workers feel better as they work)

Advice to Senior Managementmake the workers feel as if they want to come to work everyday, because the base position is more labor intensive it helps if you can keep them happy and wanting to keep going.

Opportunity worth pursuing !

Handler (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at FedEx part-time for less than a year

ProsRewarding benefits by far; enjoy the work and most of the co-workers.

ConsEnvironmental conditions can be taxing, given the weather and its fluctuations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider clearly defining roles more clearly, as there seems to be far more "chiefs" than " Indians" in daily operations.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FedEx reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FedEx CEO Fred Smith. All 947 reviews posted anonymously by FedEx employees.