FedEx

3.7
1,227 Reviews

FedEx Chairman, President, and CEO Fred Smith
Fred Smith

Pros
  • Currently have a manager that understands work/life balance (in 124 reviews)

• Good benefits which are offered to all employees (full & part time) (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is fairly good except during "peak" times (in 26 reviews)

• Heavy responsibilities may require long hours, stressful environment (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

They lie to you to get you through the door, have trucks that are not road worthy and will screw you the second they feel it necessary.

I worked at FedEx

Pros

None. I quit within one week upon finding out how much I was lied to.

Cons

They lie about how much you make and how pay is calculated and everything else across the board.

Stop being jerks to people and start being honest.

Overworked and unapreciated

Current Employee - Courier in Petaluma, CA
    Current Employee - Courier in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Get to drive around all day and deliver packages

Cons

We are given too many deliveries and pickups to enjoy our time on road. We are constantly being told we are not fast enough even though we have been doing the same job for decades. We are underappreciated by managers and looked down upon by them as if we are inferior people because we are drivers.

Stop putting so much money in your own pockets and start appreciating those people who actually go outside the building and make the money. In other words, make our job enjoyable.

Home driver

Current Employee - Fed Ex Home in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Fed Ex Home in Houston, TX

I have been working at FedEx as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

everyone you meet is friendly. leadership is real easy going no micro managing. great work out

Cons

If you have family this not the job for you. long hours and little pay. no help from your team members. trucks are not well kept first week of working 3 trucks broke down on me.

I have been working at FedEx for 8 year's.

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not many pro's.benefits we're good but not anymore.

Cons

Pay is terrible. They keep all the money upstairs. Yearly raises are a joke.

Compensate your employees a fairly.

Another "used to be a good place to work" company...

Current Employee - Courier
    Current Employee - Courier

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Insurance but as of 2015 because of Obamacare that benefit is gone...
    Company has a small pension...

Cons

PAY! I have been with them for over 8 years and only those who have been around 17 or more years have competetive pay. In 8 years I've gotten one raise for over 2% and as a company we had gone for 1.5 years with no raise at all...keep in mind this company does quite well. Raises are not based on merit. The formula changes every year with the majority getting 2% if at all. New hires make very close to what an 8 year veteran does. Dangerous Goods reps get no extra monies for the responsibility and are held accountable. The management training program, for couriers who want to be a manager, is a joke and it is done entirely on the candidates personal time...Fed Ex will not pay for any training or travel expenses. They are expert at taking an excellent employee and destroying that employees attitude!

Wake up! Your turnover is going thru the roof!

A really Frustrating experience. FedEx don't value your qualification and expertize

I worked at FedEx full-time

Pros

No pros. It is totally a mess.20 % people will work like donkeys and the remaining 80 % are enjoying as they are manger's pets/ relatives / friends. If you don't have any hold with mangers your life and future is gone.

Cons

Very low salary .I have worked for 26K for almost 4 years with nominal increment of 20 to 40 dollar yearly. After having a masters and couple of years IT experience failed to get a decent job within Fedex. and ultiamtely end up in quit and I have landed in a IT job with a staring salary of 70 K.I truely wasted my valuable 4 years with Fedex

Promote Qualified people within the company rather than run behind favoritism and other unethical approach. Think professionally and act professionally.Value Experience and Qualification and reward the employee.

not interested

Former Employee - Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the salary is better than most.

Cons

the salary isn't worth it.

not interested

The Truckload Brokerage division needs to be deconstructed from the leadership down.

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Uniontown, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Uniontown, OH

I worked at FedEx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The FedEx Company name is recognized by all. Truckload Brokerage is able to hide behind the success of the other successful operating companies.

Cons

No one on the FedEx Truckload Brokerage leadership team has an ounce of actual brokerage experience. Lacks knowledge and tools to source carriers, hence lacking a competitive edge in the marketplace.

Learn from the successful players in the industry. Compare the 2007 incorporation year with others in the industry and understand that FTB is missing the truckload brokerage key element, a carrier base built on knowing where your carrier trucks are and where they want to go. Without this information the negotiations process is non existent. Replace management with competent and demonstrated successful individuals with truckload brokerage experience.

Fast pace. Load up truck and begin route

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

Work is their. Good job security

Cons

Work until all packages are delivery. Even if it dark.

Very slim chances. Advancement is not reachable

It is a good JOB but terrible unfair company

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The workers that actually make the company get along for the most part. Handlers, couriers and pilots!

Cons

Pay pay pay and garbage health plan! The company raises are terrible. Union union union simply said. How can you raise the starting pay to almost near someone who has been working there 6 plus years? How black are your hearts in upper management? Terrible company and they act like they make no money. Look at all the crap you sponsor! Put money into the people that matter! Union union union union

Stop sucking!