FedEx

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.6 1,065 reviews

FedEx Chairman, President, and CEO Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Pros
  • Depending on which area you work in, there's decent work life balance (in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits which are offered to all employees (full & part time) (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is fairly good except during "peak" times (in 21 reviews)

• Heavy responsibilities may require long hours, stressful environment (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights
1,065 Employee Reviews

Handler/Stacking boxes

Package Handler (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood teamwork is a great thing to look forward to on the job, but thats about it. Personal Growth is good on if you consider working their for a few years. Get into management all others jobs are a waste of time if your looking to make some serious money.

ConsAlot of negative things about the job. Peak season is highly frustrating and munch of the lack of effort. Peak season involves the heaviest freight during the city. Peak season is between october and january mostly the holiday season

Advice to Senior ManagementI advise management to keep their workforce happy with more competitive wages and better benefits. Higher wages and fix the job share time frame.

Good work life balance

Technical Advisor (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsStable company with work life balance

Conslacks career progression and you can demoted as part of an internal re-org for no fault of yours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWant to keep talent around, give them recognition and market salary

I get paid to workout.

Fed Ex Courier (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe pay , weekends off and holidays off

Consno benefits , tough work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent company to work for lots of opportunity for advancement. Company on very solid ground no lay off worries.

ConsVery unhappy with pay progression. I have been an ops manager for 8 years and I am only 9% above what a new manager would start out and our bonuses that they hang over you like a carrot have been terrible. Also our medical benefits every year have gotten worse and more expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust read what I wrote above

Courier (Former Employee)

ProsDecent for uneducated, benefits and decent pay but still dead end.

ConsPush, Push, Push, always wants more

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Intern Insights

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe people at FedEx are amazing. The company pays very well, even its interns. My higher ups did a great job of making me feel comfortable and included. The culture is fun and vibrant. Being such a big company they get to play with the other "big boys."

ConsThere is a lot of red tape to get through at FedEx. Everything has to go through legal and brand scrutiny. Being such a large company, your field of work is very narrow, especially in marketing as there are several teams and multiple directors.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making sure that your employees feel included and appreciated. Try to facilitate a good work/life balance for salaried employees so they do not burn out.

Limited Growth

Revenue Operations (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsAs a contract staff, workload is minimal - you can get by most days without doing anything. From what I see, even if you are hired full-time, work is always manageable. Working hours is slightly flexible.

ConsLack of welfare and benefits. It is a pretty mundane job, most processes follows a strict set of procedure, nothing exciting will happen in this job.

Employed for four years.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOverall fair benefits and good experience in terms of the work environment.

ConsYou will need to learn on your own very quickly how to navigate your own success.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistency in management development.

Good company to work for.

Fed Ex Courier (Current Employee) Melville, NY

ProsGreat benefits and perks for part time employees.

ConsPart time only. Hard to get full time position.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to set their own routes as they feel is the most timely.

It's ok

ProsGood for student without a responsibility, most of the jobs are part time. Excessive use of temporary hand workers instead of part timers. Non unionized. Benefits if you get a PPT. IF.

ConsNo movement between divisions; you are stuck.
    The different divisions (Express, Office, Ground, Custom critical...) behave as silos, same as each country where it works. Open the doors of the cross training an use the resources without borders. Difficult to grow and closed groups handle the development. Too much overhead in operations.
    Poor use of technology. FedEx operations is just labor. Non unionized.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the technology or use the one available to control every form of cons or packages. We are still in the pen and paper! With trucks and containers bar-labeled!. Use the technology to control employees times (XXI Century) the leads and managers could work. Use the planning tools to schedule the people required according to the needs, not forcing the people to Finish on time no matter what!! Creating a false and poor incentive.
    Is FedEx a company that embraces multiculturalism? Mix the different people in the different production groups. Teach a little of courtesy with peers in the big stations.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!